Thread: Medieval Fictional Mod

Default Medieval Fictional Mod

Greetings, I have put a mod together over the years and have decided to share it if theres any interest. It's definitely a fictional mod purely for fun, although there are many parts that are historically accurate. It's a combination of several mods with assets that I have modified to my liking.

Teutonic Order land, also note the permanent fortified fort Wieliczka. Similar idea from DOTS but this version doesn't spam generals by the fort after attacked. Like in DOTS.

Another map pic, Mitau held fort by the TO with garrisons that stay and offer revenue. If for example Lithuania or Poland were to capture Mitau they would also spawn troops that garrison the fort. That's how all the forts are on the map.

A few unit pics, Christian Volunteers used by crusading armies. Takes place of Flagellants.

Highest upgrade of TO spear

City recruitable version for TO upgraded.

This pic features aor Livonian units only recruitable by TO. Also with a psf garrisoned north west of Dorpat

Livonian units only usable by TO.
    Knights mounted or dismounted.

Upgraded Livonian Spearmen
    Last edited by Curt2013; August 10, 2019 at 06:23 PM.

Default Re: Medieval Fictional Mod

Heres a few pics of other campaign areas and units.

Poland

More map pics

More random units

Viking Raiders, 2 or 3 ugrade models, forgot

==============================
    ==============================
    Things of the top of my head about the mod. Regions with different resources allow for certain buildings. For ex. if you see a mercenary camp on your region building it will allow you to recruit a few xtra units.

Also furs/metals play a role in the game too.

I removed merchants they were tedious to me. and made trade a higher priority. Neighbors dont like to trade with you.

turns are 6 per turn.

Throughout the campaign heroes for your faction may spawn, depending who you play.

I made the Islam countries more powerful for a challenge since I usually don't play them, but they are all unique and look great imo.

I'll add more info if peeps want it.

Big thanks to literally every mod out there. There could be assets from most of the work done on TWcenter mods ive modified to fit the style of the mod I wanted to play.

Again I'll only upload the mod if theres inerest and i'm able.

Thanks
    Last edited by Curt2013; August 10, 2019 at 06:52 PM.

and more info if needed

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

How many regions are in the map? How do the forts work? (I don't know what DOTS is).
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

You know, I never got my hands on SSHIP which you seem to be using as a base. But your personal mod seems great and I'd love to try it out. Though I don't think you'll be able to upload it due to the sheer amount of permissions needed.
    Last edited by Elendil 03; June 15, 2020 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt2013 View Post
    and more info if needed
    The permanent stone forts each has its own different battle map depending on what you see on the campaign map.

Like so;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;se_fort_h culture southern_european ; stone city, se;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;se_fort_g culture southern_european ; stone castle, se
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;tc_fort_g culture eastern_european ; teutonic castle
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;pkh_base_sq culture greek ; stone square not good fit

There are also 4 other battle map forts which use the same campaign map model. Those are spread mainly in Germany, England, France, Scotland, Denmark

One the game starts its scripted for the owner of the forts to spawn a garrison to occupy the fort. If for ex I'm playing as England and take a fort in France/Scotland or one of the rebel forts like Pembroke a small English garrison will spawn there and not be able to move until its defeated. Or if im playing England I'll start the game with 2 forts garrisoned. I won't be able to move the general out. Also each fort will provide income you occupy.

Hope that makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Elendil 03 View Post
    You know, I've never got my hands on SSHIP which you seem to be using as a base. But your personal mod seems great and I'd love to try it out. Though I don't think you'll be able to upload it due to the sheer amount of permissions needed.
    Correct that is the base I'm using for the map, but Ive made it larger and changed things on it. I wasn't sure if permissions was still a thing if it is then ya might not be able to upload it cause I have no idea were all the assets came from. I will say I've changed most of them regarding skins and models.

I like it so far... I hope to play this mod some day... Regions and forts look nice. Keep it up!

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Asking permission is definitely a thing if you've drawn from existing mods, even if you've made slight edits to the contents. Looks like a fun pet project, but only one that could be distributed on request.

That said, it looks rather fun to me.

Metal.Pigeon's Avatar Decanus

I recognize quite a few assets from Bellum Crucis, War of the West, Sandy's western unit overhaul, and nikossaiz's shield pack. They're all open source, as long as you give credit. But you might have to check others.

Good luck on your mod, it looks promising.

Mod leader of One Ruler on Earth | Unit modeler for Colonies & Empires

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

I love your work for the diversity of soldiers within the units and their historically credible aspect ! Well done !