Thread: Total War Sage: Troy leaked

I, Claudius's Avatar Foederatus

Default Total War Sage: Troy leaked

Apparently this is the next title...assume it will be on the Rome 2 engine, hopefully that means another patch with improvements is possible.

Default Re: Total War Sage: Troy leaked

It could be another saga game, though.
    Last edited by Dresden; August 09, 2019 at 05:11 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Hm interesting, is there really another patch? Hm, since Rome 2 still belongs to the titles played at the mekisten, it might be possible... whereas meanwhile almost everything is fixed.

Who uses KAM'S Battlemod 8 Divide et Impera ) experiences even in my opinion the best BAI. All I need is a TED editor, or a more regional DLC, e.g. Germanicus campaigns, quasi a DLC which starts about 5 A.D. and goes until about 25 A.D., or the region feature....

It just a copyright leak for the title which has Saga in it. I am assuming its a standalone saga title.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by I, Claudius View Post
    Apparently this is the next title...assume it will be on the Rome 2 engine, hopefully that means another patch with improvements is possible.
    1) Firstly youtube video is being display by [*youtube]sptk6Qiyqts[*/youtube]

2) Even if it is based on Rome2 engine, that would bring exactly 0 updates for R2 itself. Why? Look at ToB. Based directly on Attila, Attila got 0 updates...after all, it is designed as Saga game. Not any expansion/DLC...

3) R2 engine is 32 bits, it makes sense to build it upon Wh2/3K as those are 64 bit engines and way more smoothly running nowdays...

4) Troy = focus on characters....so 3K makes a lot sense here.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Yes it is a stand alone game. But as the video I posted suggests, the game will be built on the Rome2 platform and similar to Rise of the Republic, the release included a patch and this may as well.
    i believe that’s correct...

Hm with the argument Dresden is right, of course, but I can't imagine that you would turn the game around again, as it happened by inserting the politics and the family tree. Who could I imagine at most a Regional DLC see Trojan War, Editor (as an accessory) or an extension of diplomacy? But let us surprise ourselves

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by I, Claudius View Post
    Yes it is a stand alone game. But as the video I posted suggests, the game will be built on the Rome2 platform and similar to Rise of the Republic, the release included a patch and this may as well.
    i believe that’s correct...
    If it is standalone, there wonīt be any update or balance changes. Why? It would only mess complete game plus they donīt have spare resources.

And why it should be built upon R2? That is older than Attila or even ToB. They have fixed ToB engine so if we are going to see 32 bit engine, It will be upon ToB one. But why, when CA probably wants to focus on characters? Thatīs easily 3K....3K engine is done for some time now, it has to be prior to building actual game. There is still not even SteamDB entry for Saga2 and we are probably half year or probably year or more away from release. We have running historical TW - 3K (doesnīt matter what we think,that is designation by CA), next year there will be probably Wh3 so logical sense is, we are like 2 year away from this title. This trade mark is probalby way way early in development cycle this time...

Problem in video is, the backporting is not as easy. Porting old features into newer games is easier. Porting new features into old ones is harder.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

CA these days is like... let's put heroes to any history setting and both fantasy and history fans will buy it. What a formula!

Yeah, look at Attila optimization, it's horrible and there is a TOB saga game where they did good optimization job, but Attila did not benefit a tiny bit of it. So I would think there is too many reasons Rome won't get any improvements with that saga game.

Mmmmmm yes more assets to rip for DeI

I agree with Daruwind. I see no reason to believe this will be on the Rome 2 version of the engine(including Attila and ToB). It will likely be based on 3K both for its engine and for a few of its gameplay concepts. A focus on characters seems pretty likely, with legends like Ajax, Achilles, Penthesilea, Hector etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    If it is standalone, there wonīt be any update or balance changes. Why? It would only mess complete game plus they donīt have spare resources.

And why it should be built upon R2? That is older than Attila or even ToB. They have fixed ToB engine so if we are going to see 32 bit engine, It will be upon ToB one. But why, when CA probably wants to focus on characters? Thatīs easily 3K....3K engine is done for some time now, it has to be prior to building actual game. There is still not even SteamDB entry for Saga2 and we are probably half year or probably year or more away from release. We have running historical TW - 3K (doesnīt matter what we think,that is designation by CA), next year there will be probably Wh3 so logical sense is, we are like 2 year away from this title. This trade mark is probalby way way early in development cycle this time...

Problem in video is, the backporting is not as easy. Porting old features into newer games is easier. Porting new features into old ones is harder.
    Thanks, I’ll take your word for it!
    i have a bad feeling they may try to include some fantasy elements in this title, similar to 3K...maybe try to incorporate the gods or give Achilles super powers.
    Barf.

The Trojan war is not exactly a confirmed historical event. I wouldn't mind if they included a bit of Fantasy, so long as it was derived from stuff actually found in the Iliad and Odyssey.

Semisalis

As much as i like the recent warhammer games, i cannot say that i like this fantasy turn the historical titles are taking. Bad move CA. I will keep buying and playing the warhammer titles, as fantasy is what they are meant to be, but they can keep those dancing and jumping chinese fantasy games for themselves.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

It's Total War Saga: Troy, not Sage. As it shows in the man's video... totally unrelated to R2. This won't destroy DeI's faction work again.

Ritter-Floh's Avatar Artifex

there is still time for an indian DLC

valerius karamanus's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Ritter-Floh View Post
    there is still time for an indian DLC
    I think that region is too big for a dlc, surely they will milk it in future with another saga game...Indian market just as juicy as Chinese isn't it?

What I hope is a Successor Wars DLC, as the glorious final for the title, introducing some new mechanics and maybe some helpful modding tools...Dunno why they still avoid the period. It is far more interesting than RoR in my opinion.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by valerius karamanus View Post
    What I hope is a Successor Wars DLC, as the glorious final for the title, introducing some new mechanics and maybe some helpful modding tools...Dunno why they still avoid the period. It is far more interesting than RoR in my opinion.
    Very little that they do makes sense. Almost every decision made about Rome2 was garbage in the first place, astoundingly, steps backward from previous engines. Who knows what glue they are still huffing.

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Another no-buy! One would think they learned from the extremely awful failure of Britannia and would cancel these "sagas" completely to go back to proper releases. But apparently not!
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post
    Another no-buy! One would think they learned from the extremely awful failure of Britannia and would cancel these "sagas" completely to go back to proper releases. But apparently not!
    They probably regret only about not introducing fantasy heroes to TOB back then. Mighty Ragnar Lothbrok crushing armies all by himself arghhhhhh true legend! That would sell better.