Thread: Wrath of Sparta praise

Default Wrath of Sparta praise

Ive been playing with the submod of WoS and I have had one of the best campaigns ever. I played at Sparta. First of all Athens was truly a naval super power by sending multiple naval invasions on my port cities, when I conquered a city, Athens would immediately take it back with its navy. The campaign felt that I was the land superpower and Athens with its navy.
    During the last part of the campaign I could no longer recruit my best units because of manpower shortages, just like in real history Sparta always had problems with its population and Macedonia then became the largest faction. So now I need to take on Macedonia as my final boss.

This was great! Thank you DEI team.
    I hope that WoS will always be supported for future updates.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Wrath of Sparta praise

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

I also had a really great campaign my first go around with DeI's Makedonian Wars version. Love this map and the opportunities to go very deep into the Hellenic factions. Praise aside (because we'll be here all year) it still needs a lot of work and real DeI love. Also hoping for the WoS vanilla timeframe sans Rome with more playable Greek factions (plus Thracian, Illyrian, Phrygian/Anatolian etc factions).

Was it updated at all along with 2.5 though? Because before that it didn't have even the same unit formations, hoplites & pahalanx would show up on the battlefield in older long formations instead of more accurate squares, 8 & 16 men deep like the are now. Most factions don't get autosave due to lack of victory conditions. Rosters are a little samey, but I suspect much of that changed with 2.5 given the overall updates. If Alexander wasn't so sexy I'd be playing it right now!

I thought WoS was not optimized with DEI?

Quote Originally Posted by Basilius View Post
    I thought WoS was not optimized with DEI?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=542111849

DEI has a submod to play WoS. It has the same population mechanics, supply lines, unit cards, difficulty etc...

There's a submod that restores the WoS I believe, it's compatible, but not really altered apart from the units, scripts and buildings I believe.

Default Wrath of Sparta praise

Quote Originally Posted by chriswhr View Post
    Ive been playing with the submod of WoS and I have had one of the best campaigns ever. I played at Sparta. First of all Athens was truly a naval super power by sending multiple naval invasions on my port cities, when I conquered a city, Athens would immediately take it back with its navy. The campaign felt that I was the land superpower and Athens with its navy.
    During the last part of the campaign I could no longer recruit my best units because of manpower shortages, just like in real history Sparta always had problems with its population and Macedonia then became the largest faction. So now I need to take on Macedonia as my final boss.

it´s very insteresting for me to know this ¿what about the persian invassion? ¿it worked?

This was great! Thank you DEI team.
    I hope that WoS will always be supported for future updates.
    haha i make a mistake in my last comment, sorry, what i wanted to say is:
    it´s very insteresting for me to know this ¿what about the persian invassion? ¿it worked?
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; August 10, 2019 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Merged.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

There is no Persian invasion.

I think there's some confusion about DeI's WoS campaign, which is not at all set in 432BC at the outset of the Peloponnesian War. It's set more than 200 years later (around 214BC) and a century after the death of Alexander. This is a conflict between Makedon and their few allies versus most of the Greek kingdoms/leagues and their allies, namely Rome.

There is a submod to revert to the original WoS time and factions, but it's not too polished and there are some bugs as well. And even here, there really is no Persian invasion -- they are one province on the eastern border of the map and they did not play much of a battlefield role in the Pelponnesian Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    There is no Persian invasion.

I think there's some confusion about DeI's WoS campaign, which is not at all set in 432BC at the outset of the Peloponnesian War. It's set more than 200 years later (around 214BC) and a century after the death of Alexander. This is a conflict between Makedon and their few allies versus most of the Greek kingdoms/leagues and their allies, namely Rome.

There is a submod to revert to the original WoS time and factions, but it's not too polished and there are some bugs as well. And even here, there really is no Persian invasion -- they are one province on the eastern border of the map and they did not play much of a battlefield role in the Pelponnesian Wars.
    yeah i understand you are speaking about Macedon Wars. but the guy that made the post was speaking about peloponnesian wars. i have played a roman campaign in Macedon Wars and it is great, until you have to face Macedon. Macedon IA is broken, and doenst recruit or anything.

There is a point when Persia declares war against every greek faction, but its not like Vanilla`s persian invasion. In my campaign they took everything left from Ionia and have been calm ever since. The map is divided in three factions, Sparta, Macedon and Persia (and some minor factions like rodes and melos)

Quote Originally Posted by chriswhr View Post
    There is a point when Persia declares war against every greek faction, but its not like Vanilla`s persian invasion. In my campaign they took everything left from Ionia and have been calm ever since. The map is divided in three factions, Sparta, Macedon and Persia (and some minor factions like rodes and melos)
    ¿can you upload yoursave game please? i am very curious about that

We added some updates to Macedonian wars in the last patch to hopefully help with that issue. Macedon and Rome AI will get army spawns periodically.

I think this original post is talking about the WoS submod, but I could be wrong.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    We added some updates to Macedonian wars in the last patch to hopefully help with that issue. Macedon and Rome AI will get army spawns periodically.

I think this original post is talking about the WoS submod, but I could be wrong.
    Yes Im talking about the original WoS