Thread: Wars of the Gods Ancient Wars- Uniting Germania! (Lugii)

Default Wars of the Gods Ancient Wars- Uniting Germania! (Lugii)

The first part in a new Let's Play series where I am the Lugii, I am switching things up rather than be Sparta. I am playing a culture I have never played before!

In this episode Lugii is declared war on by pretty much all of the surrounding tribes save for Suebi. Gutones to the north, attacks the small settlement of Belz twice. Meanwhile, Lugii sets its eyes on the Aestii capital of Mons Regius in order to gain a valuable port. Be sure to watch as their are massive volleys from long bowmen to unfortunate victims in this epic episode!

Check out my YouTube channel below for more Total War and RTS content!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpN...D0sUA4XWG9U_pw

Default Re: Wars of the Gods Ancient Wars- Uniting Germania! (Lugii)

In this episode! King of Lugii, Sigibert defends Belz against waves of Aestii after sending his forces to take their capital Mons Regius. Sigibert is able to ambush an Aestii army that is heading to Belz at the forced march.

Although Aestii's forces are of better quality, they are tired as well and Sigibert has the element of surprise. A fierce battle occurs in the forest where many lives are lost on both sides. Rather than move towards the new Aestii capital of Tur, Sigibert is forced to retreat back to Belz to replenish his forces for the season. The Aestii use this opportunity to assault Belz yet again knowing that Lugii's armies are not at full strength. Sending wave after wave of Aestian soldiers at Belz, Sigibert is able to defend Belz bravely. Aestii having exhausted all of their troops, Sigibert sees his opportunity to strike and assaults their capital at Tur.

With his eastern front secure, Sigibert moves south with hs eyes set on Budini hoping for a quick and decisive victory. But are wars ever that easy? Galic is taken with almost know lives lost, however, Sigibert does not know that Budini's armies went south to take Petradova. Budini launches a counter offensive to take back Galic and the Lugiian forces their hold out to the last man as they are faced with two full armies of cavalry. Sigibert must move to defeat Budini as quick as he can the giant that is Rome begins to expand to Lugii's borders.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Playing the Lugii looks like both fun and challenging! It looks like you have a wide selection of units, both regulars and mercenaries, with the War of the Gods mod. It looks like the Lugii have units capable of guerilla deployment, I wonder how you feel about using it (as I see it, it's brilliant when you can use it to ambush the enemy but risky). Like you, I was surprised by the information that you couldn't sustain your armies when you had a food surplus, I wonder if thiss it was a mechanic in the mod (maybe a population mechanic?) which I'm not familiar with.

In this long Wars of the Gods Ancient Wars episode! Sigibert continues to unify Germania while simultaneously fighting off against two very powerful factions. In what will be a long and bloody war, Cimbri attacked the Lugii port of Mons Regius. With a war front now open in the north, Lugii must take care of Budini quickly so as not to get sandwiched between two and soon to be 3 factions as ROME declarers war Lugii just when Cimbri does.

Quickly, Sigibert moves to take Galic and then separates his forces leaving one small army to guard Petradova and taking the larger force up north. Cimbri assault Ascaucalis before Lugii's armies can reach the settlement. Only the garrison can make stand and valiantly they fought! Already have taken 2 territories from the Lugii, the Cimbri seem like an unstoppable force. When they assault the capital of the Lugii kingdom, Budorgis, all Lugiians, come to the defense of their capital.

Will the Lugii be able to hold off against the Cimbri invasion in time for Rome's eventual assault into the region? Or is all hope lost? Be sure to check out the two city battles at the end of the episode for massive carnage!

Great update! I was surprised too that the Suebi didn't accept a defensive alliance, when it sounds like you're at war with the same or similar nations (at least, I think so). When you captured the Budini city at 6:00, it looked like you had more options than usual (I'm thinking of options such to as 'occupy', 'loot' or 'raze' a captured city), that's an interesting feature of the mod.

In this episode, Lugii grows by splitting the the Cimbri kingdom in half. Just when victory seems sure and all of Lugii's forces can focus on Cimbri, a Roman legion is spotted moving towards Belz from the forests to the south. For the first time, Lugii meets Rome on the field on battle, which is leading to a decade long war with Rome. Who will win? Lugii is testing the strength of the Romans.

In an effort to distract and delay any remaining legions heading towards southern Lugii territory, Ricbodo takes an army from Galic towards the outer Roman settlement of Istro. Just as the army is about to besiege the settlement. Another Roman legion intercepts Ricbodo. Cimbri uses this opportunity, while Lugii is distracted to take back settlements that it lost, however, Lugii's power grows every season and Cimbri's decreases. With Lugii now fighting on two fronts and Rome officially in the fight, can Lugii sustain the constant fighting. Rome continues to hold great influence in Europe and across the Mediterranean? Be sure to check out this great episode! If you like Roman fighting, this one is for you!

In this shorter but no less amazing episode, Lugii takes back Lupfurdum from Cimbri. Where there are gains, there are also losses...Rome sacked and occupied Petredova and moved north to take Galic. Rome knows Lugii is weaker in the south as its armies are in the West conquering Cimbri. What follows is a vicious battle where Lugii must defend Galic at all costs or Rome has an open path to the Lugiian capital.

Sigibert, King of Lugii, finally reaches his army to Alabu, capital of Cibri where the fate of Cimbri is decided. Does the faction survive to fight another day? Or does Sigibert's presence mark the end of their time. Be sure to watch this episode for a major battle against Rome and to see where the Lugiian strategy will go from here!

In this episode, Rome relentlessly counter-attacks Lugiian invasion. Lugii must pull every resource and man it can to hold back the Roman hordes. After taking back Petradova, Lugii sends two armies on the offensive against Rome in an effort to distract and hold back any further legions from the south. Also so Lugiian forces can focus on what is left of Cimbri. Two Roman settlements that Lugii is currently besieging counter-attack, at Zarmizegetusa, and Uburzis. Lugii is thrust into vicious fighting.

There looks to be hope for Lugii as armies are sent further south, as far as Akink, in order to inch closer to Italia and cut off Rome from it outer provinces. In the north, Flevum, the last Roman port in Northern Europe is besieged by Lugii. Hopes are high for the Lugiian people as the fighting moves away from their capital, however, with expansion comes new enemies...

My "Let's Plays" are now called "TSJ Plays" In this episode, the Tree-Breakers guard the bridge in preparation to attack Koria. Sigibert rests in Tulifurdum. Akink and Flevum are besieged by Lugii. All is going well for Lugii at the moment, at the start of this episode. Naturally, something horrible is about to happen. Sigibert moves his not yet fully replenished army to Flevum with the idea that in the following season, Lugii will take the port city from Rome. However, the Romans, trying to break through the siege lines, counter-attack at Flevum and make the first move.

After a close and vicious battle, Lugii suffers a terrible blow. With the fate of Rome's upper territories being decided, in the south Rome sallies out of Akink to meet two Lugiian armies. After a massive battle on the outskirts of the settlement, Akink falls into Lugii's hands. Lugii also makes a daring move and takes Koria, which the Romans left completely undefended! In the east, however, Rome sends up the Legio I to retake Akink. A massive battle is fought, but Romes First Legion lays defeated. Lugii sends a spy into Italia to assess the military in the region. Just when all looks successful for Lugii, Dumnonii invades Lugii near Flevum and camps right outside Tulifurdum. Again, Lugii must enemies on two fronts.

In this TSJ Plays, Dumnonii attacks Flevum with a full army where a brutal port battle ensues. Koria acts as a staging ground for invasions into Italy. A new enemy is added to Lugii's list, that of Ebdani, who recently took Bagacum from Dumnanii. Ebdani attacks a much smaller force of Lugiian forces who, while having the high ground, put up a fierce fight to their new enemy. In the south, Lugii continues to Italia by assaulting Medhlan and Noreia. Both Roman garrisons sally out to meet the Lugiian forces which results in two massive and brutal battles. Rome is in sight of Lugii! Can they make it? Watch to find out!

In this episode, within the first 1 minute, Lugii assaults Malva which Rome still holds in order to capture the province of Dacia. In doing so, Rome would lose all outer provinces in the east. Rather than stay in Malava and use the narrow roads to their advantage, Rome sallies out and meets Lugii which proves fatal for many Romans. Fully replenished within Noreia, The Bloodsworn move south to besiege Segestica which is lightly defended by Romans. To the north, spies' report that Ebdani has two full stacks currently in Bagacum.

While the north lays quiet before the coming war, the Romans during autumn come out of Segetica to attack the besieging Lugiians. After a tough fight, Lugii continues to surround northern Italy. Back in the north, as Lugii prepares to invade Bagacum, the King of Lugii commands his armies to rest at the Rhein but not to cross yet. One of the armies arrives earlier than the others and is quickly ambushed but Ebdani. Although the Lugiians put up a fight, it was a slaughter to be sure. A sting that Lugii felt as now the northern Europe was left weaker.

Ebdani quickly moved towards Flevum where there was only a small garrison holding out, hoping for reinforcements. While Ebdani armies were heading towards Flevum, the Lugiian King, Raginmund made his move and ambushed the Ebdani forces leading to an epic battle in dense forest. With the northern threat dealt with- for now- the southern sees Iader, still occupied by the Romans, sally to attempt to defeat The Bloodsworn who are still on a path of Roman destruction.

A climax is approaching. Lugiian forces gather around northern Italy preparing to make the final invasion laying waste to Rome. What should Lugii's next move be?

In this episode, Lugii, faces tragedy in the beginning due to the current king being assassinated. A regent, Giselbert, takes control of the empire until the son of Sigibert comes of age. Lugii is on the offensive for most of the years that this episode spans against Rome. Rather than invade Italy yet, Lugii moves north again towards Roman held Octuduron. Lugii anticipates Rome will sally out, correct they are. The Romans are made quick work of and yet again Lugii takes another settlement in southern Europe. In the north, Ebdani assaults Bagacum in an effort to take it back from Lugii. After setting up lines upon lines of defenses surrounding the entrances to the settlement, Ebdani takes heavy loses when assaulting the town.

With Ebdani forces stalled in northern Europe, Lugii's forces continues west to Nemetocenna. In the south, Patavium is besieged as the invasion of Italy begins. Although the Romans meet the Lugiians with force, Lugii has employed Greek pikemen to help in the invasion of Italy. Patavium falls into Lugii's hands. In the north, the Ebdani's garrison at Nemetocenna attacks the besieging forces which leads to a massive battle outside in the snow covered ground. The trek to the Atlantic is put on hold. However, Ebdani's forces are so battered that Lugii's second army assaults a much weaker city. In the end, the Ebdani city of Cenabum is taken and the final port city of Namnetum is besieged from the sea. It looks as though all of northern Europe will fall under Lugiin control.

In this episode, Lugii is immediately attacked Cenabum by Ebdani who is attempting to take back lands in northern Europe. With two full fleets blockading Namnetum, Lugii assaults the port city and overruns the city. Rambert, the King regent, who repelled Ebdani at Cenabum, moves south towards Lemonum and attacks the small settlement leading to the final ousting of Ebdani in mainland Europe.

Farther south, two Lugiian armies besiege the Roman city of Vesontio. All looked well in the north, however, in the Fall of 254 B.C. an Ebdani fleet was spotted off the coast of Bagacum. Lugii had no armies positioned in the north as they did not anticipate Ebdani to pursue a sea invasion. With the closest military forces besieging Vesontio to the south, Lugii is forced to attack the city at once. The Roman garrison is still strong and although Lugii takes the city, it faces 50% casualties. The Lugiin forces must wait to regain strength leaving the north open for invasion.
    In northern Italy, Lugii continues its encirclement of Roma by besieging Genua. Although the garrison counter attacked Lugii, it is easily defeated and yet another settlement is under Lugiian control. The invasion of Italia is ready to commence. However, bad news rises in the north...the Ebdani armies make landfall and in the Summer of 253 B.C. they take back Cenabum and Nemetocenna. Fortunately, King Rambert comes from the south quickly and retakes Cenabum easily. However, the main enemy forces are still encamped at Nemetocenna. A strategy is drawn- the two armies in the south who took Vesontio would continue to move north to reinforce Rambert's army while it too moves north towards Nemetocenna. The final Roman settlement, however, lies behind the big walls of Treverorum. The two Lugiian armies are tasked with taking it and once and for all ousting the Romans out of Western Europe. What follows was a devastating and brutal siege battle at Treverorum.

With the Romans gone from Western Europe, all Lugiian forces now focus on the Ebdabi masses that are focusing on Bagacum- where it looks like the deciding battle of the fate of the Lugiian empire may rest.

I like the way that you explain your goals at the start. When the defensive battle (at the start) began, I thought it was hopeless because your army was depleted and outnumbered, but it looks like the barricades and other defences gave your defenders valuable time to fire at the attackers while they were trying to break through. It looks like the Lugii's expansion in northern Gaul will provide a strong base for the planned advance into Roman territory.

In this episode of Wars of the Gods, Lugii gets devastated by Ebdani's invasion force in multiple ways. Lugii makes awful decisions that leads to almost half of its military forces being defeated. Possibly being too aggressive led to almost the complete downfall of the Lugiian empire. On a positive note, Huguo, the true heir to the throne- Sigiberts son, is almost of age to lead Lugii to victory. Be sure to watch this episode, as Lugii gets bombarded in the north by Ebdani, and in the south, another failed invasion of Italy creates avenues for the Romans to arise from their defeats.

Welcome back! In this episode, within the first minute, Massilia assault Genua leading to a desperate defense of the settlement. Meanwhile, in the north, the Berserkers under veteran Lugiian general Chararic, are attacked by the final two Ebdani forces in Northern Europe. The outcome leads Ebdani to sue for peace finally ending the warfare occurring in the north. In the winter of 251 BCE, Huguo, true heir to the Lugiian throne and son of Sigibert comes of age and immediately starts rallying men to his cause at the capital.

The Final Roman settlement in Northern Europe, Bibracte is besieged by two full Lugiian armies. What will come of the assault on the city? When the Romans sally out, the largest Lugiian cavalry charge in history takes place. The ground shook as thousands of hooves smashed anything in their way.

Great battles! It looks like the Lugii have good skirmishers and cavalry, but their infantry aren't always as effective as you'd like.

Long time no see, here is this months episode of Wars of the Gods Ancient Wars as Lugii- Grab your popcorn this has 60 minute siege! After a failed assault on the final remaining Roman settlement in Gaul, Bibracte, Huguo, King of Lugii, rallies all armies throughout the Lugiian Empire to surround Bibracte in order to launch a final offense. Mercenaries fill the ranks of Lugiian armies and from every corner they heed the call. Almost 15,000 men.

Two of the Lugiian armies who quick stepped to Bibracte were ambushed by the remaining Massilian forces leading to their defeat after fierce fighting. Once all is set, Huguo orders Bibracte besieged and assaults the city leading to a vicious fighting...

In this final episode for my Wars of the Gods Ancient Wars Lugii series, the invasion of Italy begins. 20,000 Lugiian troops converge towards the Italian peninsula. A massive hour long siege of Rome commences. Will Lugii be able to take the city of Roma?

That's a massive invasion of Italy and the attack on Rome is a suitable grand finale!