Thread: Sign up: Descriptions for 1.15

Default Sign up: Descriptions for 1.15

Howdy!

Although the patch is just around the corner, it's better to make this request late than never. There are some very talented writers out in this community - many who have already shared their talent writing up excellent descriptions for various units, buildings and other items in Ancient Empires.

In the current iteration of the project, descriptions are largely missing for Barbarian buildings, technologies (and to a lesser degree units). To a certain extent this also holds true of some items for more well-played cultures. Breathing life into these facets would make playing these factions so much more immersive.

If any amongst you have a knack for writing and got some free time to kill (we're talking dozens to maybe a hundred buildings or equivalent), it would mean the world if you would share that skill and help to finalize this part of the mod. Just write here and/or send a PM and we'll work out the details. Alternatively, we could crowdsource the thing and put up a public sheet with all remaining items for people to chime in on as they please, though I don't know how well that would turn out.

Cheers
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Default Re: Descriptions for 1.15

Hiya Sheridan!
    I'm somewhat of a writer, although mostly for my faculty's montly magazine, which concerned Aerospace Eng.
    Nevertheless, I'm far better at English then Dutch because of my study's lecture and current job, so I would be please to see if I can help.

Never done writing for Total War buildings though, so I have no clue how long these texts need to be (2 to 3 sentences I reckon)?
    I have till Friday and it's my well-earned summer vacation, but I like writing so I'll see what I can do ^_^

Cheers!

PS: click on my signature if you want to see the last active thing I did on TWcenter. Although years ago, it also involved lots of writing.
    Writer of Historia Romana

Default Re: Descriptions for 1.15

Sounds great to me TTocsxic

Getting back to you through PM

Default Re: Sign up: Descriptions for 1.15

I've always been a history enthusiast, and I'm quite familiar with the setting of the mod, particularly the political, economic, social aspects of Greco-Roman world. I can certainly marry what I know with the content of the mod.
    I enjoy writing and reading the good writing of others, and I also work part-time as a Writing instructor for a local English center. So, my writing should be at least readable.
    I don't know how much of a fit I am for this, but I'm happy to contribute. Let me give this a try, and you let me know if I'm doing well and should continue.

Cheers,

Default Re: Sign up: Descriptions for 1.15

That sounds excellent Hektor. Sending you a PM with the details