Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] Scenario Submod Campaign: Alexander

Default Re: [Official Submod] Scenario Submod Campaign: Alexander (New Co-op version Sept 19)

How about make Lydian Satrapy and Memnon of Rhodes playable in head to head MPC? It's near and it's not that strong if the other Persians don't join in fast enough?

Default Re: [Official Submod] Scenario Submod Campaign: Alexander (New Co-op version Sept 19)

I could make one where you can choose either one I think.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

One possibility could be if possible to make the Persian satrapies "dormant" or "sleeping" in a sense that they would not field any armies, thus making the main Persian faction Achaemenid Empire more in line with Macedon although still significantly larger in the start

2 questions:

1) Is it possible to replace the siege map for Babylon with the custom map version? CA actually made Babylon, it's just only in custom battles.

2) Why not use the Alexander model from Total War: Arena? He's a bit higher quality looking.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

CA has said that using Arena assets is a gray area and is actually not wanted by that company that did Arena. Technically, people still use it and its all over the workshop. But I chose not to take the risk and abide by CA's policy on the matter.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

@Skillfultree, give it a go and make an unofficial submod. It shouldn't be that complicated, I belive.

When I have the time.

It would be awesome if we could add Babylon's battle map but I don't think it can be done, sadly.

This submod is very good and interesting. Thanks for your work!

But why persians don't have chariots? As I know they were used by persians in the battles against Alexander. For example, in Gaugamela.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

They should have them, maybe they are just not addrd in custom battle.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

I conquered Persian Empire, met a lot of persian armies, but didn't met chariots in persian armies.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Actually, I haven't seen any chariots in that campaign, either.

Persian factions are using Atropatkan units and there is only a few (two according to my knowledge, immortals and chariots) new units. I recall having not faced neither in my campaigns (I might have bad memory), but at least they are visible in the custom battle faction roster. According to my understanding there are plans to make new units for the persians as well in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumanthis View Post
    According to my understanding there are plans to make new units for the persians as well in the future.
    I hope, the developers will confirm this suggestion and unit rosters of this campaign will be renewed.

Yes we may revisit some of these rosters in the future.

Hello. About roster. I have a question about the silver shields. they are availible and already (2x) in the main army stack when starting the campaign.

1) Why do we get to use this unit so early in the campaign ? If I'm not mistaken, the silver equipment was given to the veterans only before the Indian campaign. Maybe this could be more of a reward unit ? Replacing another phalanx unit with some experience...

2) Why do they not get Sarissas ? Right now, they look like hoplites to me.

Some other questions :

a) Has anyone made a 20/20 size roster for the main army, that would be about historically accurate ?

b) At the starting date, I did not see Crateros as a possible character, is it on purpous ?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

b) Dresden put the ones who seems were historically close at that moment

we're working on a new feature that will include other historical characters (not as generals nor agents, you'll see)

Yes, they should indeed not appear so early in the campaign as that unit was created much later, presumably during the Indian campaign. They did not, however, derive from a pike phalanx unit, but the hypaspists which are in the game represented as the hoplites. The pike phalanx unit is called the Bronze Shields, which is the answer to your second question. The rosters, as Dresden said above, will be looked into at some later point to rectify some of those inconsistencies we have within them at the moment.

Thank you for the rapid answers. Enlightning.

Hello, gentlemen! I have important news for Russian - speaking players. There is a full translation for Divide et Impera: Alexander
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ECB...cBE3nr030/view
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-jK...CqOFCWO6Q/view
    Use it! I hope that the expectations will be met, because it's much more interesting to play, knowing what we're talking about.