Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] Scenario Submod Campaign: Alexander

Default [Official Submod] Scenario Submod Campaign: Alexander

Divide et Impera: Alexander
    Scenario Submod Campaign

Download Links

Standalone Version - Download (Mirror)

Steam Version - Steam Workshop

Please note that for many people, the new launcher does not properly change load order. These submods must load before the main mod. If you have issues, make sure to use the old launcher beta option (release candidate launcher) in Steam.

Requires the latest version of the mod! Highly recommended to turn this submod off if you play other campaigns.

Information

Play as Alexander, before he was Alexander the Great! This optional submod features an entirely new campaign set in 335 BC just after Philip's death. As Alexander, you must put down a rebelling Thracian coalition before setting your sights on your father's original dream: Persia itself.

Features all new factions, new units, an entirely customized campaign map, various new features and all of DeI's normal systems and changes. This submod replaces the Imperator Augustus campaign when it is activated. We will continue work on this submod going forward with new ideas and features to be added in the future.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Other Versions

Alexander Hard Mode - The original version (with newer fixes) - a lot more difficulty in terms of AI army amounts and aggression.

Alexander Co-op (Steam) - Epirus and Sparta are playable alongside Macedon.

Alexander Versus (Steam) - Persia is playable as a head to head foe for Macedon.

Submods

24TPY - 24 Turns Pear Year for the Main Alexander campaign version. Make sure it loads before the Alexander submod.

Translation Packs

Russian Translation pack by babay11 - Thanks!!

Credits
    - Background image and loading screens from the screenshots thread. Big thanks to KAM, thesmoosh, Icarus Smicarus and DMW
    - Thanks to Jake for lots of help and the new faction icons
    - Thanks to Seleukos and DMW for lots of great help and advice
    - Thanks to Matelagnier and all the Discord testers for tons of help and feedback
    - Thanks to KAM for the roster help and general advice on the research and time period
    - Probably missing some people here, thanks to everyone who contributed or gave feedback!

-------------------------------
    For Modders/Submodders!
    For those interested in editing the startpos for Alexander for submods of...a submod - please check out the information below:

1. First, you probably need to use the old launcher option since it seems the new one has problems building startpos files with the kit.

2. Place this pack in your data directory - http://www.mediafire.com/file/ukayiv...PIES.pack/file
    That pack will help build the startpos file and will load automatically since it is a movie type pack. Note - do not play the game with this pack, its just for creating the startpos.

3. Backup any work you may be doing in the assembly kit. Reverify its files so you have a fresh kit.

4. Download this and unpack it into your assembly kit/raw data folder. Overwrite everything when asked. Make sure to backup any other work you are doing here as this will overwrite it! http://www.mediafire.com/file/vpjv4m...taAlex.7z/file

5. You should now be able to export a startpos for this submod using BoB. Make any changes you want in the kit.

Note: Some things were added to the submod after I finished startpos work. This includes the new Dacian special capital, so that isn't in the kit files currently. Also, some things have to be edited post kit. These include victory conditions among other things like the bottom WORLD ARRAY setting (to True, so buildings show in the tech tree).
    Last edited by Dresden; May 08, 2022 at 08:43 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: [Official Submod] Scenario Submod Campaign: Alexander

Patch Notes

Update July 17
    - Compatible with latest mod release. Some visuals updated.

Update December 31

Marshals of Alexander Update
    - Special historical characters now recruitable as captain units from tier 2 cities in various locations. These characters have special effects associated with them, see the preview for details! https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...vide-et-Impera

Other Fixes
    - Alexander should now only be wounded in battles, not killed (new campaigns only)
    - Units added to Persian roster.
    - New 24TPY submod available on TWC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Previous Patch Notes

Update August 27
    - Fixed some issues with special capitals in Dacia and Babylon.

Update August 14

- Note: Many of the AI changes will mostly be noticeable in new campaigns.
    - Reduced Persian factions' war declaration priorities to help with early game.
    - Turned down AI budget allocations for agents and navies. Lowered some allocations for armies, especially for some eastern satrapies and Egypt.
    - Satrapies should no longer rebel in the early game.
    - Carthage and Persia should no longer ally or go to war.
    - Slight increase to aggressiveness for Sparta and Epirus.
    - Added small unit upkeep reduction for Macedon.
    - Reduced some AI bonuses a bit.
    - Increased hitpoints for Hiera Ile bodyguard unit (Alexander's unit).
    - Increased stats for multiple Macedonian units, especially the cavalry units.
    - Fixed Macedonian horse entries using light horses (now use heavy horses)
    - Fixed some incorrect units in Spartan, Persian, Roman and Thracian rosters.
    - Small increase to Hellenic culture in Thracian province. This should help with population replenishment and conversion.
    - Reduction to garrison sizes for Persian satrapies.
    - Fixed Macedonian civil war faction having the wrong name and wrong commander unit.
    - Added new special capital to Babylon (new campaign only), fixed garrison and effects. In current saves the garrison will still be incorrect.
    - Fixed Antioch having wrong name in Grand campaign when this submod is active.
    - Changed Memnon of Rhodes (Lydia general) to a Greek appearance to fit historically. Changed commander unit to Rhodian Elite Hoplites (new campaign only)
    - Fixed Mesopotamian city having wrong resource building types (new campaign only)
    Update August 6
    - Fixed some Grand campaign factions missing from custom battle selection when submod was active.
    - Fixed some Grand campaign factions having wrong custom battle units.
    - Improved stats and increased cost/upkeep of Macedonian Silver shield unit
    - Moved the DeI emblem on the main background because it was overlapping the loading screen art.

Release Version August 3 2019
    Last edited by Dresden; July 17, 2020 at 02:39 PM.

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

Decided to check in just an hour ago on how you guys were doing ... I think I might be clairvoyant.

Congrats and good work as always, looking forward to more in the future.

So how do other factions function? Are Celtic, Roman and etcetera just stuck at their first tier of reforms and cant move up?

There are no reforms since it covers a very small time window. Most other factions to the west are sort of locked to prevent massive empires and Roman insanity.

OK cool.

This is very cool! I am wondering though, since I am obsessed with Rome, in the future will there be a way to play with other factions than Alexander? Of course I am looking especially to Rome, but not only, another cool nation to play would be the Persians

What's the load order meant to be? It wasn't working for me when I tried last night , the alexander campaign selection on the main menu is showing the wrong factions etc

Quote Originally Posted by NeptuneUK View Post
    What's the load order meant to be? It wasn't working for me when I tried last night , the alexander campaign selection on the main menu is showing the wrong factions etc
    As it says in the post it needs to be loaded before DEI.

--------------

Only Alexander's faction is playable, correct?

Yeah, at least for me it is like that.

Congrats to the devs on the release, I've tried it out quite a bit already and I must say it's very enjoyable and challenging. After I defeated the Thracians, Persia declared war on me. Is that due to a script to increase challenge or did the AI do that by itself (I've tried it two times and both campaigns it's an immediate war declaration the turn after I control all of Thrace)?

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

Something I just noticed, wouldn’t Alexander’s Pezhetairoi use the shorter Sarissa like the Antigonid peltasts?
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

We havent added super long sarissa of Diadochi so these short pikes would be to short while our regular pikesa are about right.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by Hadhod View Post
    Yeah, at least for me it is like that.

Congrats to the devs on the release, I've tried it out quite a bit already and I must say it's very enjoyable and challenging. After I defeated the Thracians, Persia declared war on me. Is that due to a script to increase challenge or did the AI do that by itself (I've tried it two times and both campaigns it's an immediate war declaration the turn after I control all of Thrace)?
    No script, just the AI being a bit aggressive there.

The only main scripts we have right now are ones to prevent western factions ( *cough* ROME *cough) from expanding and going crazy.

They declared war on me on turn 2 haha

I've noticed some recruitable units are better than the AoR versions even though their upkeep is the same. For example, Thracian warriors. Is this intended?

Just like the main mod, AOR versions are usually a little worse than the normal counterparts (especially morale)

Keeping this submod loaded doesn't alter Grand Campaign, right?

Thanks your hard and continued work!

No it should be okay. There is a bug which will be fixed when I update it next concerning custom battle selections but campaign should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Just like the main mod, AOR versions are usually a little worse than the normal counterparts (especially morale)
    Oops I meant the opposite. AoR Thracian Warriors and other units were better than the barracks ones.

Updated
    - Fixed some Grand campaign factions missing from custom battle selection when submod was active.
    - Fixed some Grand campaign factions having wrong custom battle units.
    - Improved stats and increased cost/upkeep of Macedonian Silver shield unit
    - Moved the DeI emblem on the main background because it was overlapping the loading screen art.

Regarding difficulty settings, should it be set at hard?

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast