Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] Scenario Submod Campaign: Alexander

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Official Submod] Scenario Submod Campaign: Alexander (New Versus Version Updated Nov 13)

Quote Originally Posted by Volodio View Post
    Hi. For some reason, the mod is not showing up when I launch the game. It's just the regular DeI screen and I can't find the Alexander's campaign anywhere. The files are supposed to go in the data folder, right?
    if you're using the TWC packs, then:

A) Put the chosed packs into the data folder (..\Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II\data)
    B) Remember to revert to the old manager: Go to Rome 2 on STEAM/Right click/Properties/Betas/Select the beta you would like to use/launcher_release_canditate.
    C) Start Rome II
    D) In Mod Manger, check "Enable Out of Date Mods"
    E) Make sure all chosed packs are checked green. Their load order should be ok. It is given by the number of @, the more they are the more previous the mod is loaded/must be loaded
    F) Play

Default Re: [Official Submod] Scenario Submod Campaign: Alexander (New Versus Version Updated Nov 13)

I used the userscript thing before you answered and it worked fine, but I couldn't edit. I'll do your thing next time, seems simpler.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

I used the userscript thing before you answered and it worked fine, but I couldn't edit. I'll do your thing next time, seems simpler.
    If you can't edit the userscript then make sure the file isn't read-only. To make it editable then right click and uncheck the read-only box and click 'Ok'. That's about it.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

In regards to the Co-op version. Is Sparta given control of Athens instead of Macedon when the other player chooses to play as them? I ask because of the bug where Sparta cannot trade with other factions unless it has Athens. Last I tested, about a year ago, CA had not fixed the bug.

Patrician

Dunno but it is easily fixable with a trade region script without changing startpos, I'll ask Dresden.

Default Re: [Official Submod] Scenario Submod Campaign: Alexander (Updated December 31)

Update December 31

Marshals of Alexander Update
    - Special historical characters now recruitable as captain units from tier 2 cities in various locations. These characters have special effects associated with them, see the preview for details! https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...vide-et-Impera

Other Fixes
    - Alexander should now only be wounded in battles, not killed (new campaigns only)
    - New 24TPY submod available on TWC
    - Units added to Persian roster.
    Last edited by Dresden; January 03, 2020 at 03:34 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: [Official Submod] Scenario Submod Campaign: Alexander (Updated December 31)

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Update December 31

Marshals of Alexander Update
    - Special historical characters now recruitable as captain units from tier 2 cities in various locations. These characters have special effects associated with them, see the preview for details! https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...vide-et-Impera
    My respects! I changed the files of the Russifier taking into account the release of the update on December 31. Good luck everyone!

Thanks!

Forgot to also note we added some units to Persia's roster.

I really like the new Marshal units, they bring a lot of flavour to the campaign. However, I think there is a minor inconsistency in that now some units in the army have faces of certain commanders while Alexander's own bodyguard unit has only a regular unit card. I think this somehow degrades Alexander while highlighting his subcommanders instead

Patrician

You mean visually? yeah, effectively that's true but alex would need a new unit with new startpos entries and we might need to use colin farrel's face which honestly wouldn't be a great choice imo.

Does someone need athens owned by sparta for MP? I can do a simple script for that, let me know if it's needed.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; January 05, 2020 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    You mean visually? yeah, effectively that's true but alex would need a new unit with new startpos entries and we might need to use colin farrel's face which honestly wouldn't be a great choice imo.

Does someone need athens owned by sparta for MP? I can do a simple script for that, let me know if it's needed.
    Whats wrong with Colin Farrel? PS. I watched the director's cut Alexander Movie in hopes of more battle scenes but It was only more Bagoas and Hephaistion tender moments

Default Re: [Official Submod] Scenario Submod Campaign: Alexander

Finally got it working.

Why does the file go in raw_data and not working_data?

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Default Re: [Official Submod] Scenario Submod Campaign: Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Dumanthis View Post
    I really like the new Marshal units, they bring a lot of flavour to the campaign. However, I think there is a minor inconsistency in that now some units in the army have faces of certain commanders while Alexander's own bodyguard unit has only a regular unit card. I think this somehow degrades Alexander while highlighting his subcommanders instead
    Yes, that's quite unfortunate, indeed. It would be nice if you could have a unique portrait as a unit card for each commander. but that's sadly not how the game works as a commander unit is available for all the potential commanders.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernXY View Post
    Finally got it working.

Why does the file go in raw_data and not working_data?
    Not sure what you are reffering to here?

Great mod.

I'm wondering how you're all doing against archers? I swear, they're completely destroying my armies. I try to destroy it with my cavalry but even when they don't have a single infantry unit around to defend them (which is pretty rare), they still have more archers than I have cavs and so my men get stuck and slaughtered when killing one unit. Even units like the Thracian levies are really dangerous against Alexander 200 men bodyguard. It's even worse against the mounted missiles units. Should I just abandon cav and spam archers/slingers + phalanx?

Also, I loot, quite a lot, to get more money and fund more things. Usually it's because public order sucks, so I figure if I'm gonna have a rebellion I might as well make a bit of money out of it. Is that a good idea?

Finally, Alexander being wounded in battle has no effect whatsoever on the campaign. Is that supposed to happen or is it a bug and he's supposed to be send back to the pool like in Napoleon TW?

He should only be wounded, not die. But it only happens in campaigns started after the latest update (in theory). It could be that setting still isn't working properly.

Updated Co-op and Versus versions to fix an issue with the Epirus roster. Does not affect the main Alexander submod.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    He should only be wounded, not die. But it only happens in campaigns started after the latest update (in theory). It could be that setting still isn't working properly.
    Yes, I know, but I was wondering if there was any effect supposed to be tied to the wounded status. Like being sent back to the general pool and have another general taking over the army (like it was in the other games). Or having a debuff to some stats. Because if that's the case, it's not happening. Alexander behave as if nothing had happened to him.

Yes, I know, but I was wondering if there was any effect supposed to be tied to the wounded status. Like being sent back to the general pool and have another general taking over the army (like it was in the other games). Or having a debuff to some stats. Because if that's the case, it's not happening. Alexander behave as if nothing had happened to him.
    But did the general die in battle? Or did you get any message that he got wounded when back on the campaign map?

I am not sure if you get any debuffs once he is wounded. Probably not. He just returns to the pool and is not available for a couple of turns. In the meantime, the other commander needs to take over.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ View Post
    But did the general die in battle? Or did you get any message that he got wounded when back on the campaign map?

I am not sure if you get any debuffs once he is wounded. Probably not. He just returns to the pool and is not available for a couple of turns. In the meantime, the other commander needs to take over.
    I did receive a message like that. "you commander has fallen, but worry not for he's not dead" or something like that. But he wasn't send back to the pool after the battle was over. He was exactly like before. It was as if he hadn't been wounded at all. Just wanted to know if it's normal that there's no effect or not.

I did receive a message like that. "you commander has fallen, but worry not for he's not dead" or something like that. But he wasn't send back to the pool after the battle was over. He was exactly like before. It was as if he hadn't been wounded at all. Just wanted to know if it's normal that there's no effect or not.
    That sounds a bit strange, indeed. I would imagine that the general needs to be out for at least a couple of turns before he resumes the command, but honestly I don't think I've ever had an immortal general dying in battle in Rome 2, so can't really say anything for certain. Just for the record, did you starty this campaign before the latest update or after?