Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] Scenario Submod Campaign: Alexander

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Official Submod] Scenario Submod Campaign: Alexander (New Co-op version Sept 19)

Nice! Thx for having done it

It would be better if you open a bnw thread into submod section though.
    Your post will get buried sooner or later...

Default Re: [Official Submod] Scenario Submod Campaign: Alexander (New Co-op version Sept 19)

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Nice! Thx for having done it

It would be better if you open a bnw thread into submod section though.
    Your post will get buried sooner or later...
    Does it make sense to create a thread for a single message? It would be more practical to pin the links in the main topic.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Found a some material for Egyptian marines in the Achaemenid army.
    Last edited by Dresden; November 12, 2019 at 03:16 PM.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Thanks for sharing it, Dumanthis!

Are there any simple troubleshooting steps I can take to try to fix the Co-Op version? It seems to be working just fine for my cousin, who can host the game and select factions normally, and he has the same mod loadout I do (Alexander, DEI, Realism, a couple of graphics mod), but on my own game, it simply does not register that I have the co-op submod and only starts as the base Imperator Augustus campaign when I try to host a co-op (and subsequently can't join his game)? If you need more information, let me know and I will provide it

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Do you both use the old mod launcher, Josh? It's strongly recommended that you revert to it if you use the mods.

Another version, this one is for head to head play and has Persia playable: http://www.mediafire.com/file/kvzwdm...rsus.pack/file

- Persia playable.
    - Persian satrapies can now rebel from the start of the game.
    - Removed various bonuses for Persia.

This is a test version for those who want to try it out. We will be making more updates for the main submod and its versions in the future with some exciting new features and roster updates.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Yes, we both use the old version of the launcher. I downloaded the co-op version from the first post and had him do the same. At first we both had both campaigns enabled, then we both turned off the single player campaign and he was able to host a multiplayer campaign of Alexander, but with the multiplayer campaign enabled I only ever got the base IA campaign. Who knows, maybe we'll be able to play the new Persia-enabled version!

Update: the new Versus version with playable Persia does the same thing as the co-op on my end. Whenever I try to host an Imperator Augustus campaign, the base Imperator Augustus menu/factions come up and my game does not seem to register the mod, even though it shows up in the mod manager and is enabled. The base Alexander campaign seems to work normally, but neither multiplayer one is detected for me. Has anyone else had this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by IngloriousJosh View Post
    Update: the new Versus version with playable Persia does the same thing as the co-op on my end. Whenever I try to host an Imperator Augustus campaign, the base Imperator Augustus menu/factions come up and my game does not seem to register the mod, even though it shows up in the mod manager and is enabled. The base Alexander campaign seems to work normally, but neither multiplayer one is detected for me. Has anyone else had this issue?
    Its possible you are having an issue detecting non steam mods? I am not sure. I will probably upload these to Steam today

---------------

Updated Versus version:
    - Removed intro/chapter missions for Persia for now since they were using wrong ones
    - Fixed missing faction description at selection screen
    Last edited by Dresden; November 13, 2019 at 02:35 PM.

Default Re: [Official Submod] Scenario Submod Campaign: Alexander (New Versus Version Updated Nov 13)

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Its possible you are having an issue detecting non steam mods? I am not sure. I will probably upload these to Steam today
    on further testing, that's exactly the problem! My enable out of date box got unchecked somehow, I feel silly. I'll be trying it out soon!
    Also a question, are there any plans to bring the multiplayer factions to the single player version/make a full multiplayer version with all four playable factions? Thanks again for all the work!
    Last edited by IngloriousJosh; November 14, 2019 at 01:04 PM.

Default Re: [Official Submod] Scenario Submod Campaign: Alexander (New Versus Version Updated Nov 13)

The single player version has a lot of scripting and restrictions in order to make it a certain type of experience. Many of these have to be changed or removed for multiplayer or for different factions to be playable.

Hi Dresden
    Only 1 questions have to put the game in patch 17 to be able to play with the persians?
    Thank you

No, all current versions of the mod and official submods require the latest game version.

Ok thank you dresden so I downloaded the game part 3 plus the Persian part is it does not work?
    I have to run the launcher with the Persian part first is the other 3 then?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

DeI packs are above any other mod/submod you may want to have

you may also have to revert to the old manager
    Go to Rome 2 on STEAM/Right click/Properties/Betas/Select the beta you would like to use/launcher_release_canditate.

Thank you jake it works great.

I think you must have seen this source before https://www.scribd.com/doc/120374231...lications-1992
    But anyway, I think the Atropatkan rooster lacks direly the cavalry power that Persians used to have during Alexander's time. I think especially interesting could be the armored/ "advanced" bactrian and massagetae cavalry units and a lot of lighter cavalry units. I don't however how the lasso wielding Sagartians could be implemented

Hi. For some reason, the mod is not showing up when I launch the game. It's just the regular DeI screen and I can't find the Alexander's campaign anywhere. The files are supposed to go in the data folder, right?