Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] Scenario Submod Campaign: Alexander

Default Re: [Official Submod] Scenario Submod Campaign: Alexander (Updated August 14)

Update August 27
    - Fixed some issues with special capitals in Dacia and Babylon.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: [Official Submod] Scenario Submod Campaign: Alexander (Updated August 14)

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Update August 27
    - Fixed some issues with special capitals in Dacia and Babylon.
    Excellent work on the quick patch!

Never mind about fixing my save game, I pushed Alexander and Hephaiston into Persia and they got ambushed by 4 Bactrian stacks. Alexander is no more and I only have 1 stack to defend Mesopotamia with so probably GG

Default Re: [Official Submod] Scenario Submod Campaign: Alexander (Updated August 27)

Thank you for this interesting mod that really reaches to me.
    I read through the commentaries and I hardly read anyone who commented on having finished the campagn.
    So here are my questions :

How hard is normal campaign ? How hard is the hard pack ? About settings : what difficulty settings should I pick?

I'm willing to test both files, but I'm curious...
    Thank you again !
    Last edited by JC_von_Preussen; August 29, 2019 at 05:36 PM.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Default Re: [Official Submod] Scenario Submod Campaign: Alexander (Updated August 27)

Quote Originally Posted by JC_von_Preussen View Post
    Thank you for this interesting mod that really reaches to me.
    I read through the commentaries and I hardly read anyone who commented on having finished the campagn.
    So here are my questions :

How hard is normal campaign ? How hard is the hard pack ? About settings : what difficulty settings should I pick?

I'm willing to test both files, but I'm curious...
    Thank you again !
    Hey,

I would recommend that you try the regular campaign first as with the hard version you might be swarmed by the enemy stacks of Persia and her satrapies even before you cross into Asia Minor.

The regular campaign will still be challenging enough for sure, and I think it also feels more authentic when it's you who declares war on Persia and not vice versa, and when the fighting takes place first in Asia Minor and then deeper into Asia rather than Europe.

Regarding the difficulty settings, it's basically normal/normal as for the main DeI campaign.
    Last edited by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~; August 30, 2019 at 01:09 AM.

Good day friends. Tell me please. I drew attention to the generals and some of Alexander’s famous friends are not in political parties. I have compiled for you a small list of those generals who are known, perhaps you will pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by KosmosKosmos View Post
    Good day friends. Tell me please. I drew attention to the generals and some of Alexander’s famous friends are not in political parties. I have compiled for you a small list of those generals who are known, perhaps you will pay attention.
    Hey Kosmos,

Yes, we are aware of the fact a number of names - both big and small - didn't make a cut in the current build-up, but we are discussing certain ideas on how to rectify this and this is surely something that will be taken care of as the mod development goes on.

As I see the political parties of Alexander III.

Somatophilacs (Bodyguards and friends):
    Crater (35 years old)
    Lysimachus (26 years)
    Pevkest (31 years)
    Perdicca (30 years)
    Python (20 years)
    Ptolemy I Soter (32 years)
    Balacre (27 years old)
    Unarch (21 years old)
    Laomedon (43 years old)

Macedonian elite:
    Antipater (62 years old)
    Kassander (son of Antipater) (20 years)
    Antigonus I One-Eyed (47 years old)
    Seleucus I Nikator (23 years)
    Eumenes (27 years old)
    Parmenion (65 years old)
    Filota (29 years)

I thank you for your hard work so that lont can make the most of Rome 2.Thank you.
    Salut Dresden.
    Vous allez trouver ma question stupide,mais comment fait ton pour telecharger alexander avant les 3 autres partie?Je vous remercies pour votre travail acharne pour que lont puissent profiter aux maximun de rome 2.
    Merci.

Libertus

I have an issue with the tier three(hoplite barracks) and tier four (royal barracks) recruitment buildings, for some reason they only provide garrison units and no longer allow recruitment for new units. infact tier three ports also prevent recruitment of naval units
    Last edited by lordgeorgr141; September 06, 2019 at 09:08 PM.

Heya, really enjoying the campaign so far you guys have done such amazing work! Sorry if this has been brought up before but im trying to create an historical army comp and from what I understand the Silver Shields were a later evolution of the Shield Bearers. Some time after Alexander arrived in India. Would there be some way to turn them into an upgrade via like a reform or something?

Or make it that they cant be recruited until later in game or after you arrive in india or something

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by KosmosKosmos View Post

As I see the political parties of Alexander III.

Somatophilacs (Bodyguards and friends):
    Crater (35 years old)
    Lysimachus (26 years)
    Pevkest (31 years)
    Perdicca (30 years)
    Python (20 years)
    Ptolemy I Soter (32 years)
    Balacre (27 years old)
    Unarch (21 years old)
    Laomedon (43 years old)

Macedonian elite:
    Antipater (62 years old)
    Kassander (son of Antipater) (20 years)
    Antigonus I One-Eyed (47 years old)
    Seleucus I Nikator (23 years)
    Eumenes (27 years old)
    Parmenion (65 years old)
    Filota (29 years)
    Dresden decided to put the ones who composed Alexander's BG at the start of his "history", and that's a smart and historical decision which I don't think will be changed.
    We have other plans (aka new rpg feature) to add other important characters. Stay tuned to see how this will work (they won't be generals and they won't be spawned, at least not for this feature I'm speaking about)
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; September 07, 2019 at 09:05 AM.

Hi all,

Long time TW-er and DEI-er here, thoroughly enjoying the Alexander campaign but have hit something of a wall.

I've taken Pergamon and the other Hellespont city, but am being hit with multiple stacks every turn despite winning numerous heroic victories just defending my two cities. I currently have 3 Armenian & 2 Cappadocian stacks camped outside my city and two more Achaemind stacks on the way from central Anatolia. I've got a main stack with Alexander that is now badly mauled (replenishment is obviously low in my two cities) and another 3/4 stack of assault infantry for taking cities.

Does it ever end? I'm playing on H/N.

How have you guys dealt with this? Thanks!

Hi ChavKilla,

Good to see you round here!

First of all, that campaign even in its regular form, is still meant to be really challenging. Therefore, you shouldn't really play it on the higher difficulty level. N/N is a way to go.

Another thing; when did you invade Asia? Did you develop your core regions sufficiently prior to your invasion? Whith how many stacks did you invade?

You need to build a solid economy in your core regions and raise a good war chest before you go to war with Persia and her satrapies.

From the beginning having 2-3 stacks should suffice to make some initial gains, but once Persia and the satrapies gather together for the counter attack then I think you need somthing in the region of 4-5 stacks to actually make progress.

Default Re: [Official Submod] Scenario Submod Campaign: Alexander (New Co-op version Sept 19)

New Version

Alexander Co-op - Epirus and Sparta are playable alongside Macedon.

Remember to only use one version at a time. I haven't fully tested the co-op version yet, should be fine though.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ View Post
    Hi ChavKilla,

Good to see you round here!

First of all, that campaign even in its regular form, is still meant to be really challenging. Therefore, you shouldn't really play it on the higher difficulty level. N/N is a way to go.

Another thing; when did you invade Asia? Did you develop your core regions sufficiently prior to your invasion? Whith how many stacks did you invade?

You need to build a solid economy in your core regions and raise a good war chest before you go to war with Persia and her satrapies.

From the beginning having 2-3 stacks should suffice to make some initial gains, but once Persia and the satrapies gather together for the counter attack then I think you need somthing in the region of 4-5 stacks to actually make progress.

Thanks for the advice, I ended up restarting and have now taken Lydia after landing with 2 and a half stacks.

Default Re: [Official Submod] Scenario Submod Campaign: Alexander (New Co-op version Sept 19)

can i play as persian empire too ?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

No, sorry, it would just be unbalanced.
    Maybe one day there will be a worked version for Persia.

I will probably make one with Persia just for a head to head, it will be completely unbalanced though as Jake said. Perhaps a single player version for Persia in the future could be made that has a lot of custom systems to make it harder.

yessssssss plz