Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] Scenario Submod Campaign: Alexander

Default Re: [Official Submod] Scenario Submod Campaign: Alexander

hellow wher i can put this folder of mod EmpireDesignData, db pless show me good lokalization file in folder data
    my English ts not good i do not get it instruction unpacked

The directions at the end about Empire design data are not for players, they are for modders who want to edit the files.

To play the mod just download the standalone, unpack the file into your data folder, and enable it in the mod launcher. Make sure its loaded before the main mod.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Thenk you very much Dresden you are doing a great jobs

Update Aug 14
    - Note: Many of the AI changes will mostly be noticeable in new campaigns.
    - Reduced Persian factions' war declaration priorities to help with early game.
    - Turned down AI budget allocations for agents and navies. Lowered some allocations for armies, especially for some eastern satrapies and Egypt.
    - Satrapies should no longer rebel in the early game.
    - Carthage and Persia should no longer ally or go to war.
    - Slight increase to aggressiveness for Sparta and Epirus.
    - Added small unit upkeep reduction for Macedon.
    - Reduced some AI bonuses a bit.
    - Increased hitpoints for Hiera Ile bodyguard unit (Alexander's unit).
    - Increased stats for multiple Macedonian units, especially the cavalry units.
    - Fixed Macedonian horse entries using light horses (now use heavy horses)
    - Fixed some incorrect units in Spartan, Persian, Roman and Thracian rosters.
    - Small increase to Hellenic culture in Thracian province. This should help with population replenishment and conversion.
    - Reduction to garrison sizes for Persian satrapies.
    - Fixed Macedonian civil war faction having the wrong name and wrong commander unit.
    - Added new special capital to Babylon (new campaign only), fixed garrison and effects. In current saves the garrison will still be incorrect.
    - Fixed Antioch having wrong name in Grand campaign when this submod is active.
    - Changed Memnon of Rhodes (Lydia general) to a Greek appearance to fit historically. Changed commander unit to Rhodian Elite Hoplites (new campaign only)
    - Fixed Mesopotamian city having wrong resource building types (new campaign only)

Alexander Hard Mode - The original version (with newer fixes) - a lot more difficulty in terms of AI army amounts and aggression.
    Last edited by Dresden; August 14, 2019 at 01:39 PM.

Still uploading the standalone, should be done in a few minutes.

@Dresden I can't remember how it was in the Grand campaign, but are the Cretan mercs supposed to have even less range than the regular archers? It seems I can't set the arrow towers of a fortified camp on fire without getting hit in return, which is not the case for all other archers. Also, Cretan archers are not recruitable in Crete from any level of the main building (as opposed to the Rhodian slingers available in Rhodos). Not that it matters much, the merc version has better morale, which makes all the difference.

Nice change on the diplomacy front, though for my campaign it's too late. I'm at war with all of the East and the South. Carthage formed a defensive alliance with the Persians and later on joined the big war. Also, Kartli wiped out everything east of the Bastarnae pretty quickly and now I have to conquer/liberate Sarmatia and Cimmeria with a single field army and the Black Sea fleet. That's gonna be interesting...
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana...

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Cretan archers has less range due to heavier arrows they use, they have less range than other archers but have better damage, especially AP and fire rate.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Cretan archers has less range due to heavier arrows they use, they have less range than other archers but have better damage, especially AP and fire rate.
    Got it, thanks. Given that practically everything in the eastern rosters has missiles, I'll stick with the higher armor. I guess next reevaluation will be once I force my way into Syria and see what the merc/AOR pool has to offer.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana...

thank you for making this mod. this is one of my dream expansion.

Please concider updating the title of this post like you do with the main mod, like such: "[Official Submod] Scenario Submod Campaign: Alexander 1.0.2 - Updated Aug 14"

It would help us players by not having to scroll through the individual posts every time we come back to see if we are running the latest version

You guys are incredible.

A question, and one that I suspect many others would benefit from -- any chance of an all, or at least more, factions playable mod, Dresden? My heart almost exploded with joy upon seeing the map, and it would be great to lead the conquest of Persia with Athens or Sparta and steal a march on that bastard upstart Alexander.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Yes I plan on making one of those and also adding more features in the future.

Aegyptos faction (Persian satrapy) seems to have access to some Ptolemaic units (Lonchophoroi, Ptolemaic mysian cavalry for example). This raises another question: what kind of units would Egypt have fielded at that time as native troops? As far as I know the persians did not trust the Egyptians much but they had significant role alongside the phoenicians in the navy.

Default Re: [Official Submod] Scenario Submod Campaign: Alexander (Updated August 14)

I gave them some native units to add variety to the faction. However, in the base version of this submod Egypt doesn't recruit at all.

Default Re: [Official Submod] Scenario Submod Campaign: Alexander (Updated August 14)

With a little reading done, I am suprised how big role Memnon of Rhodes and Persian navy played and could have played in the Persian strategy against Alexander. Without his death after some time from the Siege of Halicarnassus it is suggested that he might have turned Sparta and other Greeks against Macedon in mainland Greece, resulting in a serious two front war for Alexander. Starting a another front against Alexander seems to have been the main Persian strategy after Granicus and it was highly dependant on the Persian naval superiority. However after Issus and the following conquest of Phoenicia and Egypt this option was lost forever.

I don't know if the campaign is already too hard for Macedon player but a certain situation for example that would turn Sparta against Macedon if Memnon would be alive could be interesting and both historically plausible

Hi,

Which difficulty do you recommend playing this submod on?
    Can I have 12tpy activated (dei version) or would that ruin anything?

Thank you!

Oooh pictures! Faber est quisque fortunae suae

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Normal.
    It's useless, alexander is already 12 tpy, but it won't harm either since it will overwrite itself.

Thanks Jake!

Oooh pictures! Faber est quisque fortunae suae

I took (and razed) Babylon - now the main building chain is missing: https://imgur.com/a/IHeQFxE

Hmm, looks like something is wrong with the new capital. I will do an update to fix it but I may have to manually fix your save game.
    Last edited by Dresden; August 27, 2019 at 02:16 PM.