Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [C&E] Want to be an alpha tester?!

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Default [C&E] Want to be an alpha tester?!

That's right forum; Colonies & Empires, the mod that never dies, is nearly ready for an alpha release!

There are still going to be a lot of things missing from the mod, most notably a majority of native units and other features, but we have "cut corners" in the mean time in order to get closer to something that is playable. That said, I'm still pretty excited by what's been shaping over the past month or so, and that's where our alpha testers come in.

We are looking for people to download and play the C&E campaign as it currently sits (or will sit in a few weeks when I'm done with some stuff) and let us know of any issues you encounter - crashes, performance (lag), pathfinding, weird AI behaviour, "why is this thing like this?", your honest opinions, and anything else our modding team need to get ironed out before moving on to a (closed) beta version (balancing, scripting, other features). Once that succeeds we'll be able to push for an open beta.

We are hopeful of attracting modders to our team to help us realise the goals of more unique and awesome native factions, which is what we are currently lacking, and releasing a beta seems like the best way to stir up some publicity.

If you would be keen to alpha test for us, please post a reply here, or PM me!

Cheers,

Frunk

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: [C&E] Want to be an alpha tester?!

Woah congrats to making it this far +rep
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

I want to be an alpha tester! Let me know how things go.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Awesome muh dude!
    I'd be happy to help with the testing if you're still in need of assistance!

icenii's Avatar Civis

I'm available too test although i don't have any experience as a tester i've been playing M2TW since it's release and i think i have a good idea of what too look for/expect during game play, happy too test any faction.
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii " In the game of Life Death always wins. Patience is a Virtue that takes time to acquire. The Answer is "7". No 1 wins all the time except God and he cheats.

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the replies everyone! I will be in touch with you all in the coming weeks to grant you access. We are still working on various things for now.

@icenii: No problem! Essentially all the testing really is is playing the campaign and letting us know what you think, and also what issues/bugs/problems/mistakes you might encounter. Provide as much detail as you can, be brutally honest (we can take it! ) and hopefully have fun with what we have created and are continuing to create!

icenii's Avatar Civis

@Frunk Thanks a lot, just message when you're ready for me too test, don't worry if i had a middle name honesty would be it i always have fun playing mods i'm sure testing will be interesting + fun, keep up the great work C & E Team.
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii " In the game of Life Death always wins. Patience is a Virtue that takes time to acquire. The Answer is "7". No 1 wins all the time except God and he cheats.

Funk let me when you are ready to for me to test. I am more than willing to test.

Hey, if you still need testers this is kind of my dream mod

PM me if you want me to be your alpha tester?

Would love to participate too.

Moderator Emeritus

Loving the interest here everyone! Thank you. I will be in touch with all of you very soon.

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

In case there is a spare seat left on the Alpha train, I’d like to jump on, as well
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

Moderator Emeritus

Absolutely mate! I'm a little behind schedule as I've been interstate visiting family and friends, and I'm about to go snowboarding for a week, but I promise we'll be ready for you all soon.

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

No worries, currently writing my thesis. Better that way, have fun
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

I can play a campaign on this or two if you'd like another pair of eyes to check it over.

I'd love to be a tester.

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks again everyone! I'm just nutting out some things to get the campaign set up. I'm expecting this won't take long. I will be in touch via PM!

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

if you need a tester, I can do it

Hello, hope you are doing well. Any progress? Can you release the Alpha soon? I understand as well as I can that a mod like this is a ton of work. Just releasing the map with a few edits would be great, especially if you haven't made much progress in the last few months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast