Thread: CUPP: Campaign Unique Personality Project

Default CUPP: Campaign Unique Personality Project

CAMPAIGN UNIQUE PERSONALITY PROJECT

THIS IS A BETA 0.14 BUILD FORMALLY ALPHA 1.4 DEVELOPED PREVIOUSLY.
    THIS VERSION IS WHAT i HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH THE PAST FEW MONTHS.
    THIS VERSION ALSO HAVE MY EXPERIMENTAL BATTLE MECHANICS.
    THIS IS ONLY FOR ANCIEN REGIME 2.2.1B
    Concept: The vanilla game allows very little flexibility or diversity of action. This project goal is to alter the behavior or personality of the AI to more accurately represent their behavior in this time period. The goal is also to allow the AI to better interact with the player in a more realistic manner. Keep on mind, the diplomacy is still going to be an issue. That is an unavoidable consequence of the basic coding of the game that cannot be altered without creating more odd behavior. CUPP also addresses the Ottoman Lag and the lesser known Russian lag. (at least in the alpha).

DOWNLOAD

INSTALLATION

1. Backup the startpos file.
    2. Download file using link above.
    3. Copy and paste the pack file in the IS folder (Directory:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\IS)
    4. Copy and and paste the startpos file in the "Imperial Splendour" folder in the campaign folder. When ask to override, click "yes." (Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\campaigns\imperial_splendour)
    5. Changer the empire_user_script file in the IS Folder.

mod "IS_campaignBeta14.pack";mod "IS_Early_Prussia.pack";
    mod "IS_DFM.pack";
    mod "Imperial Splendour 2_2 DB.pack";
    mod "Imperial Splendour 2_2 Media.pack";
    mod "IS_Horses.pack";
    mod "IS_sounds_musics.pack";
    mod "IS_Artillery.pack";
    mod "IS_britain.pack";
    mod "IS_Flags.pack";
    mod "IS_france.pack";
    mod "IS_BSM_Full.pack";
    mod "IS_mod_no_forts.pack";
    The one red may be something else. Just make sure the "IS_campaignBeta14.pack" is added. 6. Launch game using the IS launcher.

If for some reason you place all of the files directly into the "Data" folder, then the pack file needs to be placed there. You will also have to change the user script.

Please provide FEEDBACK in this thread.

A FEW QUICK NOTES
    Remember the battle mechanic is in development. You are welcome to offer feedback. I know of a couple of issues.
    details on how the personalities will be set up will be forthcoming. This is just a taste.
    Last edited by PikeStance; August 02, 2019 at 10:39 PM.

Default Re: CUPP: Campaign Unique Personality Project

Hi, is something like that is included in rise of republic ?? I just finished play in IS 2.2 , now I got quick look on rise of republic and difficulty diplomacy public order look more challenging, Is that right ROFR have but different AI ??
    Last edited by adrians38; August 13, 2019 at 06:44 AM.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ion-of-submods

Also are 6 turn per year and more difficult public order will work with this project ?? For IS 2.2 obviously

Hi, Pike;

I gave a look into the tables, besides the inclusion of your BAI tweaks there's also changes in resources, taxation effects and whatnot. Can you give an overview of these features?

Last couple of weeks I've been testing my mod daily with IS 2.21b, along with an adapted VDM and Bran's CAI. It seems both Spain, France and Britain behave way better when their American territories are assigned to New Spain, Louisiana and 13 Colonies (like in Vanilla).

In IS 2.21b, Britain actually has a bug which leads to them amassing armies on the Iroquoi border non-stop, which causes their inactivity on the European theater.

Also are 6 turn per year and more difficult public order will work with this project ?? For IS 2.2 obviously
    @adrians38 Public order may work (though unbalanced), but the 6TPY will most definitely not work.
    Last edited by iporto9393; August 15, 2019 at 02:07 AM.
    Train your Generals at Schools -&- Ancillaries and Traits Overhaul (E:TW)

TWC Thread

Just to be clear these features would eventually be part of IS mod. Currently we have two mods, Acien Regime (formerly 2.2.1b) and Rise of the Republic.

The project utilizes four of my created mods:
    Orange Crush
    Slave Trade
    Sea Power
    Tactical Commander

The project is best played with 40 unit set-up and instructions on how to add it will be forthcoming. I will set it up so that the 40 unit games will be saved games so that no one has to alter the startpos in order to use it.

The mod increases the value of trade but this is offset by the fact you now need a large navy to protect your trade. In general the finances have increased, but this is to allow larger armies for more realistic size battles.

Garrisons are also increased to help prevent steam rolling.

-----

As it is right now, IS do not have any plans to increase the number of turns. Right now, 3 turns is optimal given 4 or more results in a "zebra effect," (winter/ no winter) and that is not realistic. There is no plans to use my No Winters mod. Keep in mind when you increase the number of turns you have to alter tech research, building times, training of troops, etc... This significantly alters the game experience taking away decision making.

----
    I am currently switching computers and moving to a new city with a new job, so I will share as time provides.

Thanks

The mod increases the value of trade but this is offset by the fact you now need a large navy to protect your trade. In general the finances have increased, but this is to allow larger armies for more realistic size battles.
    Generally, increasing the money - especially from trade - makes the game much easier.

The main reasons is that the AI does not repair their fleet and the player can capture any ship they want, including trade ships, while playing the battles manually. The AI cannot do this because every battle for them is autoresolved. Therefore the player will always make much more money from trade than any faction, increasing the values only increases the disparity.

On the same note, you can destroy coastal factions with only a rake. If their budget is dependant heavily on trade (i.e. United Provinces), constantly sabotaging their ports makes them bankrupt in a few turns which has a -20 or so public order penalty.

When I first played IS 2.21b (before modding in it), I was getting an income of 15k by mid-game on Very Hard difficulty. To add up more income on top of that... Idk!
    Train your Generals at Schools -&- Ancillaries and Traits Overhaul (E:TW)

TWC Thread

Hi, i got question about BAI , BAI in your mod is same as Tactical Commander ? I played in TC and basically Looks good i spot few things, units when running on closer zoom they look like slow monition, and also every time i trying send my cavalierly far away they start running away same as skirmishes, i cant sent them nowhere and hide them or attack from behind or flank,
    Last edited by adrians38; September 19, 2019 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrians38 View Post
    Hi, i got question about BAI , BAI in your mod is same as Tactical Commander ? I played in TC and basically Looks good i spot few things, units when running on closer zoom they look like slow monition, and also every time i trying send my cavalierly far away they start running away same as skirmishes, i cant sent them nowhere and hide them or attack from behind or flank,
    They look in slo-motion because the animation is optimized for the vanilla speed. I slowed the units speed down.
    The BAI is little different than the last version of TC. The "fatigue" table has been significantly altered to reflect the "cohesion" aspect of the mod. I also made changes to the KV tables has result of this.

I haven't had happen to me what you have described. I am generally only successful at flanking or read action when the target unit is already engaged with the enemy to their front. Running should have no effect; in the BAI "running" is considered an ordered double time.

Hi how progress of this sub mod i will give a try i just need find some time to reinstalling full game, and put mod, can you more describe what is your sub mod apart TC ??