Thread: The Winners of POTW 570 & UESW 468

Default The Winners of POTW 570 & UESW 468

Creative Workshop Competitions - Check out our sister competitions here on TWC! << Picture of the Week | Tale of the Week | Monthly Writers' Study Competitions | Graphics Workshop Monthly Competition >>

The winner of POTW 570 was Dead*Man*Wilson

The winner of UESW 468 was Derc

RewardsDead*Man*Wilson: 1 points and +3 reps
    Derc: +3 reps

So...on to the slightly convoluted GPOTW 129 Voting Breakdown...

GPOTW 129 Results Explained The vote finished as such:

Submission 3: 7 Votes
    Submission 4: 8 Votes
    Submission 8: 7 Votes

However, since the decision was made to remove submission 7 as it was a cutscene, the votes for submission 7 had to be recast. I PM-ed those who voted for submission 7 and the results are as follows: Cookiegod cast his third vote for Submission 3, Commissar Caligula cast his third vote for Submission 1, and I cast my third vote for Submission 4.

A bit of technicality on my vote
    Now obviously it's not very transparent of me to suddenly say I switched my vote after the poll closes, so if you guys have any doubt you may check with Hex (Alwyn or Caillagh), the moment I PM-ed the 3 others who voted for submission 7, I stated to Hex that I would be casting my third vote for Submission 4, so I did in fact cast this third vote on the 29th of July, not after the voting ended.

So, where does this leave us? With the votes having being redistributed, the tally stood at:

Submission 3: (+1 from Cookiegod) 8 Votes
    Submission 4: (+1 from myself) 9 Votes
    Submission 8: 7 Votes

However, Derc unfortunately did not reply before the polls closed, and since everyone is required to use the stated number of votes (3 this time), it would be unfair to allow Derc to only use 2 votes. As such, his own votes were considered invalid, and having voted for Submission 4 and Submission 8, the final tally now stands at:

Submission 3: 8 Votes
    Submission 4: (-1 from Derc) 8 Votes
    Submission 8: (-1 from Derc) 6 Votes

And this is why we are having a re-vote this week. So for the sake of all, please do check your submissions to see if they are allowed, and if ever in doubt, do PM the competition manager! The competition managers will do our best to filter the submissions, of course, but it would be difficult, especially for games that we haven't played or seen before, so we seek your understanding and cooperation on this.

Congratulation to this weeks winners! Special congratulations this week to Dead*Man*Wilson, who after winning two POTWs in a row, joins the order of the proficient paparazzo and is now eligible for a bronze medal!
    -Swaeft
    Last edited by Swaeft; August 02, 2019 at 11:39 PM.

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: The Winners of POTW 570 & UESW 468

Sounds like you had to use maths to work out GPOTW 129. That sounds terrifying, good thing I'm not in charge anymore =)

Congrats on the medal Wilson! Also congrats Derc, your GPOTW pics might be unappreciated masterpieces but you're getting the UESW wins.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Content Staff

congrats

Cookiegod's Avatar Campidoctor

Congrats to Dead*Man*Wilson. That pic is really good.

Derc however doesn't deserve praise. He's such a troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swaeft
    However, Derc unfortunately did not reply before the polls closed, and since everyone is required to use the stated number of votes (3 this time), it would be unfair to allow Derc to only use 2 votes. As such, his own votes were considered invalid
    It seems like Derc is repaying me the favour for when I kept voting for him and "the forum software somehow didn't register the third one" (at least that's what I tell myself to pretend that I'm not stupid, ok? So just roll with it!).
    "Something funny."
    - not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Derc View Post
    No one cares what Derc has to say.

Derc's Avatar Semisalis

I admit I did that on purpose. My curiosity got me. I wanted to see what happens.
    You explained the results very well. Thank you. And sorry. I hope to have made up for it in the current revote.

Also, thanks for your votes in UESW. That city is now unfortunately Roman.

Carmen Sylva's Avatar Domesticus

Congratulations.
    Proud Non-Citizen / My Mods

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Congratulations to Dead*Man*Wilson and Derc - these are amazing pictures and it's good to see a new medal winner!

Thanks to everyone who entered and extra thanks to Swaeft for running the competitions!

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

thanks for the love, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    Sounds like you had to use maths to work out GPOTW 129. That sounds terrifying, good thing I'm not in charge anymore =)
    Well as long as it doesn't happen too often...by the way are you looking for a job?

Quote Originally Posted by Derc View Post
    I admit I did that on purpose. My curiosity got me. I wanted to see what happens.
    You explained the results very well. Thank you. And sorry. I hope to have made up for it in the current revote.
    I can't quite tell if you're joking or not, lol.

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Van Zandt's Avatar pulvis et umbra
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Nice tale about counting votes for the contests. We all live by the letter of the law.

Loved the overview of the city by Derc, one of the highlights of my R2 experience was sieges.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel of Time turns
    Citizen Gaming Staff

Congratulations on your medal Wilson, and a nice shot as always Derc! And thanks Swaeft for having my back
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi

Signature by Lifthrasir