Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hungary starts program that pays couples up to €30k to have 3 or more kids.

Default Re: Hungary starts program that pays couples up to €30k to have 3 or more kids.

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    "Conservatives only oppose welfare when they don't come up with it."
    "Conservatives don't like welfare when it isn't needed."

Is it too hard to explain how these two are different statements? It should be quite easy.
    Yeah, when it is needed vs when someone comes up with it.

Default Re: Hungary starts program that pays couples up to €30k to have 3 or more kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Yeah, when it is needed vs when someone comes up with it.
    And when those coincide every single time for Republicans, what does that make them?
    The Armenian Issue

And when those coincide every single time for Republicans, what does that make them?
    Because they don't coincide, spending of taxpayer funds is a bipartisan issue.

Because they don't coincide, spending of taxpayer funds is a bipartisan issue.
    They do though. You're just arguing as if any time Republicans support welfare its purely because its needed and whenever they oppose welfare because its not needed. So, practically, Republicans only support welfare when they come up with it. Spending of taxpayer funds often is definitely not a bipartisan issue. There are many things that Trump choose to spend from tax payer money that Democrats do not approve.
    The Armenian Issue

They do though. You're just arguing as if any time Republicans support welfare its purely because its needed and whenever they oppose welfare because its not needed. So, practically, Republicans only support welfare when they come up with it. Spending of taxpayer funds often is definitely not a bipartisan issue. There are many things that Trump choose to spend from tax payer money that Democrats do not approve.
    For example, until Trump, GOP was supporting Democrat wars and visa versa. And that's much bigger waste of tax money then Trump's plans to secure country's borders.
    In any case, this thread is about Hungary. It makes perfect sense to have a policy like that in there.

For example, until Trump, GOP was supporting Democrat wars and visa versa. And that's much bigger waste of tax money then Trump's plans to secure country's borders.
    In any case, this thread is about Hungary. It makes perfect sense to have a policy like that in there.
    Afghanistan and Iraq wars are Democratic wars now? Interesting spin. Just because you think you have few examples doesn't really make government spending as a whole a bipartisan efforts. Yes, this is about Hungary. Thanks for illustrating the mental gymnastics Republicans use to cover up their double standards.
    The Armenian Issue

Afghanistan and Iraq wars are Democratic wars now? Interesting spin. Just because you think you have few examples doesn't really make government spending as a whole a bipartisan efforts. Yes, this is about Hungary. Thanks for illustrating the mental gymnastics Republicans use to cover up their double standards.
    Syria, Libya and Balkans were Democratic wars. I don't really see what does Hungary has to do with your rants on how Republicans are hypocritical for not doing what Democrats do or whatever.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Syria, Libya and Balkans were Democratic wars. I don't really see what does Hungary has to do with your rants on how Republicans are hypocritical for not doing what Democrats do or whatever
    The Balkans. So answer was just Greater Serbia at the point of a gun and normalization of ethnic cleansing to that end? Last I checked Trump is still in Syria and a lot of places in Africa. He certainly doubled down on Backing the House of Saud in Yemen. Playing gulf games with Iran is hardly avoiding war.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    The Balkans. So answer was just Greater Serbia at the point of a gun and normalization of ethnic cleansing to that end? Last I checked Trump is still in Syria and a lot of places in Africa. He certainly doubled down on Backing the House of Saud in Yemen. Playing gulf games with Iran is hardly avoiding war.
    Trump did cause a meltdown among Democrats, who had a temper tantrum over leaving Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan. Also fair to add that Balkan conflict has little to do with taxpayer in US, nor did benefit from Bill Clitnon actually helping the other side with committing an actual ethnic cleansing. As I said, there are plenty pof threads where you can rant about how Republicans are being unfair for not engaging into multiple wars anymore.

I love how conservatives only oppose welfare when they don't come up with it.
    gee why are they such hypocrites

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pr_...Galations1%3A8

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234