Thread: Region gifting/exchange (Very important feature)

Default Region gifting/exchange (Very important feature)

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...om_next_patch/

This is a VERY important feature that has been overlooked in RII, especially given the fact that provinces play such an important role now. Is there any plan to implement this?

Also, is it possible for there ever to be an option to free a city you own as a vassal?

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Default Re: Region gifting/exchange (Very important feature)

It is important, especially as you say and many of us pointed out to CA that the whole province concept kinda makes it even more important. But it's one of a long list of broken things in this saddest and most embarrassing release in gaming history. Luckily, modders and very notably, the DeI team have salvaged this complete disaster of a game into something very good.

Region exchange/gifting is definitely being worked on by Jake Armitage. I don't know what / when it will make it into the main release, but it will be a part of his submod collection in the near future. I believe either the Virtual Points System or Political Overhaul mods, he'll know!

Re: vassals, don't know.

Yeah, it is possible now but the issue will always remain the timing and triggering of such an event. One reason it was removed a long time ago was that it could be easily gamed by a player to take advantage of the AI. How exactly would you determine when such a region trading event should occur? Its not an easy thing to answer that and have it be properly balanced, which is one of the reasons CA removed it in the first place.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Right, but just having it there at least for the player to use as he sees fit is better than not having it at all. Just because the player can take advantage of something is no reason not to include it, as the player can limit them-self from taking advantage of it. Ie. only doing it when it would indeed be plausible. (Even paying for it later as a "gift" etc...) The role playing aspect of such a thing is well worth it.
    Last edited by bthizle1; August 01, 2019 at 10:00 PM.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

There are many ways to limit its use and there are a lot of ways (see what has been done with pop and supply system) to make a script that will give conditions before the last function is triggered. I have in mind my way which doesn't mean it's the best but surely it won't work in an arcadish way where you push a button and pay money. That's why I'm planning it via the VPS system.

I like the idea of it only region trading on your border. When I played Empire total war the Iroquois traded some territory for Greece, it was ridiculous.

So in the near future, the feature will be added to the mod, that would be excellent. Region trading probably is the most important diplomacy feature that the game lacks.

Patrician

Adding things to DeI is up to Dresden to decide and since I didn't even start to work on the script no one knows how this will work. Anyway a submod means that the only difference is a pack more to load.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    There are many ways to limit its use and there are a lot of ways (see what has been done with pop and supply system) to make a script that will give conditions before the last function is triggered. I have in mind my way which doesn't mean it's the best but surely it won't work in an arcadish way where you push a button and pay money. That's why I'm planning it via the VPS system.
    Agree here Jake. The VPS system is a phenomenal idea and your work already epic. But in my opinion the most waited feature is to provide more damn cities/settlements on this bloody 'rarefied' campaign map !

Patrician

Ah, you can wait a century and still you'll be waiting.
    Or hire some informatical engineers in the black market...

If anyone could do that, they could also mod the map... We could get a tatw2... And I would need to quit my job and divorce