Thread: Good ideas for DLC's?

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

Default Good ideas for DLC's?

What are some good ideas from peoplewho know what could fit into a good DLC? Eight Princes CA says willfit in to that category. People in the know say it has limitationsbecause of the Mongols invading after all of it was done.

Now I am finding about a 16 Kingdomswithin China. Is that the next chapter pack?
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!

Default Re: Good ideas for DLC's?

Probably not. CA has outright said that future DLC's will revist the 3K era. I expect that 8 Princes was released as a sort of "Palate Cleanser" for 3K so when the next 3K chapter pack drops people wouldn't be bored of the existing 3K characters. I am guessing the next 3K DLC will probably be a 3K era chapter pack, though it could be a warlord pack adding some factions to the base game. I would hope for Southern "Barbarians" like the Shanyue to flesh that area of the map out but it could also easily be steppe nomads or something. If Korea was ever to be added that would probably be a long ways off.

16 Kingdoms could be a future DLC(but not the next one) but I feel like if they make any chapter packs that go further into the future than the War of the Eight Princes like the Sixteen Kingdoms era or Northern and Southern Dynasties(or backwards in time to pre-3K eras) they should really make it a $15-$20 dollar DLC alla Age of Charlemagne or the Warhammer campaign packs rather than an 8$ chapter pack. They can kind of get away with it in Eight Princes since it is supposed to be sort of the "Epilogue" to the 3K era so using the same units makes some sense I suppose, but if they go into the future or past they can't just use the same units with special unique units if they really want us to feel like they are covering a different era.

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

Fall of the Qin/ Chu-Han Contention which could be called :- Rise Of The Han that is based upon the Liu Bang the founder and rise Emperor of the Han Dynasty who helped bring down the Qin Empire and defeated he great Hegemony Chu King Xiang Xu. In that era that had some legendary commanders who all the great generals looked up to like :- Han Xin, Zhang Liang and Fan Zheng.

Nizam's Avatar Ordinarius

Uprising of the Five non chinese factions

Ottoman Total Overhaul received the 2nd favorite Overhaul/Compilation Mod - 2016 award!
    by_TotalWarTurkiye

Quote Originally Posted by Nizam View Post
    Uprising of the Five non chinese factions
    From what direction would they come and did they fight each other?

Quote Originally Posted by JackDionne View Post
    From what direction would they come and did they fight each other?
    Mostly the north and west. There were some conflicts in the south with the Cham in Linyi, but the "Five" (actually more around a dozen) Barbarians were primarily a northern invasion from the steppe coinciding with uprisings in Sichuan, Hexi, and the Ordos Loop that eventually destroyed most of ethnic Han control north of the Yangtze. This would be called the era of the Sixteen Kingdoms.

They did fight each other, quite a lot in fact. Most of the non-Han kingdoms were eventually defeated and absorbed by the Tuoba branch of the Xianbei (one of the original "Five" barbarians), with the exception of those in Sichuan, which ended up being resubjugated by the new southern Han Chinese dynasties, leading to the era of the Northern and Southern Dynasties.
    My Three Kingdoms Military History Blog / Military Map Project - https://zirroxas.tumblr.com/
    Ask me a question!

Quote Originally Posted by zoner16 View Post
    Mostly the north and west. There were some conflicts in the south with the Cham in Linyi, but the "Five" (actually more around a dozen) Barbarians were primarily a northern invasion from the steppe coinciding with uprisings in Sichuan, Hexi, and the Ordos Loop that eventually destroyed most of ethnic Han control north of the Yangtze. This would be called the era of the Sixteen Kingdoms.

They did fight each other, quite a lot in fact. Most of the non-Han kingdoms were eventually defeated and absorbed by the Tuoba branch of the Xianbei (one of the original "Five" barbarians), with the exception of those in Sichuan, which ended up being resubjugated by the new southern Han Chinese dynasties, leading to the era of the Northern and Southern Dynasties.
    Just thinking out loud and you might call me crazy, could those Mongols hordes be turned into a DLC expansion pack the same way the Vikings are in Thrones of Britannia? I cannot give you any more rep Zoner or I would. Long weekend here in Canada so have a nice long weekend if you are so lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDionne View Post
    Just thinking out loud and you might call me crazy, could those Mongols hordes be turned into a DLC expansion pack the same way the Vikings are in Thrones of Britannia? I cannot give you any more rep Zoner or I would. Long weekend here in Canada so have a nice long weekend if you are so lucky.
    The Sixteen kingdoms would be a great Attila-esque expansion after 316AD, but I'd honestly prefer it if any future culture packs were also ported to the chapter packs (which Eight Princes falls under). So a Xiongnu expansion with Yufulou and Huchuquan in the base game would also come with Liu Yuan in the Eight Princes timestamp, much like Paradox manages their culture expansions.
    My Three Kingdoms Military History Blog / Military Map Project - https://zirroxas.tumblr.com/
    Ask me a question!

Hope they add more players to MP Campaigns. What's the point in having only 2 players when its called three kingdoms?