Thread: Help editing the files to flag Rudhtadarae for conversion to permanent settlement.

Default Help editing the files to flag Rudhtadarae for conversion to permanent settlement.

Second time ever posting a thread here so I hope it's correct

I know its not historical and all but for the sake of a fun little idea I had, I'd like to know how to edit the files to flag the Saka's capital for conversion into a permanent settlement. That's all.

Cheers!

Default Re: Help editing the files to flag Rudhtadarae for conversion to permanent settlement.

Firstly, this will not be savegame compatible, you will require a new campaign for the changes to take effect.

The changes are pretty simple; go into the descr_regions and add "mixed" to the list on row 182 under region_148. In the descr_strat, find the settlement entry for region_148 and change the line type hinterland_pastoral_city camp to type hinterland_pastoral_city convert_camp.

Delete your map.rwm, start a new campaign.

Default Re: Help editing the files to flag Rudhtadarae for conversion to permanent settlement.

Cheers friend, thank you!

Hey I followed your instructions and while the game doesn't crash and the Pastoral region shows up in my capital, I am unable to construct farms above tier 1. Is this tied to the nomadic culture?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCzarsHussar View Post
    Hey I followed your instructions and while the game doesn't crash and the Pastoral region shows up in my capital, I am unable to construct farms above tier 1. Is this tied to the nomadic culture?
    Yes, it needs to drop below a certain level. You also need to destroy any herd buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Yes, it needs to drop below a certain level. You also need to destroy any herd buildings.
    Is there a way I can edit the region's culture in the files?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCzarsHussar View Post
    Is there a way I can edit the region's culture in the files?
    Only in the descr_regions, and any change to that will require a new campaign to take effect.