Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion for new units

Icon5 Suggestion for new units

I checked up another mods like "Battle Axe" or "M2TW Units Addon Mod" from Yiu_DJC and I fought that would be nice if Wales had Dismounted Teulu or Sicily had Muslim Infantry etc. I've tried for myself adding some stuff, but it ended up with broken mod. What do you all think about that ?

Default Re: Suggestion for new units

Not bad... but I would add armored sergeants to most of europe, sergeant spearmen to most of europe, and more units to factions with less non-missle troops like scotland poland and russia.

Dragour's Avatar Tiro

Would be cool to have an optional sub mod which added troops from other mods, Stainless Steel has heaps for Russia, Lithuania, Byzantine etc who in vanilla are really lacking

Idk how to mod but if someone did that would be awesome. So far I like the mod!

These badboys are from units addon. Creator sometimes updated his mod and this is the latest version. Sadly, some cool units from older version are not available anymore. But I am fanboy of his units so I try to download the every version.

And this is Wales' roster with Dismounted Teulu, Welsh Knights (reskinned Imperial Foot Knights) etc.

And Ireland with Deisi Pikemen or Deisi Archers or even as simple as Feudal Knights and its dismounted version

I think there is a potential.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ibX...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g0z...ew?usp=sharing

Wales and Ireland roster. I don't know why these picture aren't in earlier post

So you already created them or are they just the picture of the roster list for both factions?

Wales and Ireland rosters are from Battle Axe mod. And first picture with Muslim Infantry or Akritoi etc. is from units addon made by Yiu_DJC and it can be dowload from moddb site:https://www.moddb.com/mods/yiu-djc/downloads/na45094 I do not create any of these units, and I am not able to add them to mod couse of my lack in modding abilities. I just thought I throw the idea and maybe someone would be interesed to create sub-mod or something like that

I can't even get the units to be added to the vanilla game of m2tw. Idk how to get it to work. Someone will have to instruct me on how to do so.

Hmm...what I did is just copying all files, pasting to main folder and creating a new shortcut

did that and nothin happened. I would need someone do it with me in person but that won't happen.

I am writing what I did
    - Copy and paste all files to main folder with Medieval 2 from "Mod version A" folder
    - Copy and ovewrite all files from "Mod version B" folder to main folder with game again
    - Create a shortcut of medieval2.exe
    - Launch a game from that shortcut

For me this is working. I mean, this is very tricky beacause author of the mod doesn't give any good instruction to install.

He doesn't! I extracted the data file into m2tw data file and then created a short cut and nothin happened. Idk what I did wrong.

I have no idea then

Alondite's Avatar Semisalis

First of all I highly not recommend pasting all the files to the main folder. This may cause other mod malfunctions, including banana.

To install it in independent mod folder, follow these instructions:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    1) create a folder named "mymod" in the 'mods' folder under your main folder.
    2) create a new file with notepad, copy and paste these line then save it in the mymod folder as configuration.cfg. Be aware that it has to be a .cfg file, not .txt file.
    Code:
    [io]
    file_first = true

[features]
    mod = mods/mymod
    3) create a new file with notepad, copy and paste these line then save it in the mymod folder as launch_the_mod.bat. Be aware that it has to be a .bat file, not .txt file.
    Code:
    cd ..\..
    medieval2.exe @mods\mymod\configuration.cfg
    4) copy and paste the 'data' folder you got from the unit_addon mod into mymod folder.
    5) double click the launch_the_mod.bat to execute.

Of course the name "mymod", "configuration" and "launch_the_mod" can be changed as your will, just note that responding lines have to be changed as well.
    Basically this method can be adopted to launch any M2TW mods. 4zumi uses the same method so you can take a look at responding files in banana folder as reference.

And about adding new units to total banana, the issue become kind of complicated. You have to learn to mod several files, understanding what entries stand for what, and copy responding lines and files from mod A to mod B. And most importantly, number of units type has a hardcore limit of 500, so if 4zumi has used up all of them you have to delete existing ones to make space for new ones. I didn't download banana so don't know if it has reach the limit, but in total vanilla (another mod made by 4zumi with similar concept) it has, so don't expect too much unfortunately.

If you still want to learn more about how to import new units to an existing mod, read them carefully:

Thanks a lot for help. I am afraid I'm too dumm to [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]comprehend all of this. Sadly modding Medieval 2 is more difficult than Rome , when adding units is easy enough [/COLOR]

How do you turn a txt file into a cfg file and how do you turn a txt file into bat?

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    How do you turn a txt file into a cfg file and how do you turn a txt file into bat?
    You can do it when saving the file (save as configuration.cfg), or another simple way to do so is simply renaming its filename extension:
    For example rename "configuration.txt" → "configuration.cfg", I know a warning message will pop up but that's OK.

when savivng it I should put it as "all files"? But when I tried to save it came out as configuration.cfg.txt. Should I save it to something else? What about the text to bat... How do I do that?

Yeah, select "all files". If it still not work, I think you should just rename its filename extension (right click→rename) after saving. For bat just do the same.

Actually txt, cfg and bat have identical format, the only difference is their filename extension, so don't worry about converting. You can even open cfg and bat files with notepad, then edit and save them easily.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast