Icon11 [Recreational Products] Royal Corinthian Armor, Helmet, and Kopis

Producer: ILIAS PAPADOPOULOS
    Bought from: https://www.hellenic-art.com/

Part: Royal Corinthian Armor, complete replica, battle ready

Material: Copper and leather
    Weight: ~10 kg

Close in pic:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Best part of the set, very thick and heavy, perfect. The crests are not made of gold of course.

Part: Royal Corinthian Helmet, complete replica, not so battle ready

Material: Copper, leather and wood in the seat of plume
    Weight: ~2 kg

Close in pic:
    Plume is not sewed or tightly attached, but just put on the helmet. Crests are blackened on the sides. Surface is not as smooth as the cuirass and it attracts dusts.

Part: Kopis, non-sharp replica, can kill a chicken with repeated hitting on the head

Material: Steel
    Weight: ~2 kg
    Length: 63 cm

Close in pic:
    All the details are made and much better than in TW mods. The blade and the handle seem to be a single piece? (no knowledge of this part) A little stained. White part is not ivory.

This is a proper set everyone should prepare at home for the coming collapse of civilization (i.e. when we run out of bullets). Good against increasing numbers of knife wielding crazies too, with side benefits of endurance training, keeping you freezing cold in winter and well heated in summer. Maybe that's why they weren't worn on horseback.

Didn't expect them to be that heavy. Weren't ancient Greeks quite short? Use of real bronze and freeing of staining would be really nice and I'd try a different producer next time, if there is even one.

Can't give any rating to helmet or kopis since there is no comparison I know of. But quite satisfied and bankrupt for any hope of replacement.
    Last edited by AqD; October 13, 2019 at 07:35 AM.

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Default Re: [Recreational Products] Royal Corinthian Armor, Helmet, and Kopis

Two things impressed me:
    1) The price tag. $400 for the breastplate?!
    2) That it's worth it. Didn't expect that they'd make one that's a custom made perfect fit to your body.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

There was a discount when I ordered. Since they are supposed to last for centuries I'd be willing to pay more for better quality.

They're not order to make - given what I saw for Polish hussar that'd have one more zero in the price and take several months.

Now I wonder why Kopis is so heavy. Galidus and Spatha are roughly half the weight only. Feels quite unwieldy - unless it's strictly a cavalry weapon? But they used to dismount after initial charge.
    Last edited by AqD; October 13, 2019 at 01:47 PM.

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

meh, thats all well and good but how does it hold up in combat?

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Against what? For anything but ducks and armorless Persians like the 300 faced I'd throw it away for some ugly brutalist chainmail covering entire body, as anyone with a functioning brain would do.

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

I'd wear it against coworkers and women at work and in bars hidden under shirts, to aid me in my battle for attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM