Thread: Units accent changes when I change faction's placement in custom battle mode (TATW Ref 0.97)

Default Units accent changes when I change faction's placement in custom battle mode (TATW Ref 0.97)

In custom battle mode, I want to change the place of some factions on the selection screen, to do so, I change the factions order in descr_sm_faction.txt file and it does change the factions placements, the problem is that when a faction is changed to another spot, it also takes the accent of the faction that was previously in that spot, for example, making elves having background orc speach

Any suggestions to stop this from happening?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Units accent changes when I change faction's placement in custom battle mode (TATW Ref 0.97)

Nope, it's a M2TW quirk that some faction placement in descr_sm_factions is linked to a certain faction accent.

Generating new sound files fixes that, at least it does in the base game when you exchange HRE and France in descr_sm_factions. Before generating new sound files HRE would speak with an adorable French accent and the French were saluting the kaiser.

Check here how to generate new sound files.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 30, 2019 at 05:57 AM.