Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Italian Wars 1493 - 1559

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Default Italian Wars 1493 - 1559

Hi guys I am opening up this thread to present to you a mod made by LEZVIE called the Italian Wars 1493 - 1559 (Итальянские Войны 1493 - 1559).

The mod was initially based on the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin but it is a lot more advanced now and it has become a mod of its own. It truly shines in many areas, especially the visual aspect.

Unfortunately, the mod is fully in Russian so you will either need to know Russian or alternatively fumble your way around the menus.

This is not my mod, I am not involved with the team nor working on the mod and I don't even speak Russian. However, LEZVIE mentioned that I could create a page on TWC to promote the mod as he does not have the time nor the good language skills to promote the mod in english.

I will copy here images and if LEZVIE is ok with it I will also post the link to the Vkontakt page where the download link is located.

Description of the mod (Google translate from Russian):

1. The main task is the desire to create units as historical as possible in terms of costume, armor and weapons, but with certain assumptions.

2. In addition to the original units in the fashion, Jukoman units and elements of komatozz protective equipment will be presented, as well as a small number of recycled models from other mods, the authors of which are not known to me. A series of two-handed swords provided by Comrad Ivenend. And the OiM2 mod oriental models from this mod served me as a base for my models, the guys did well with you all the best.
    Special thanks to Komrad Jukoman for the comprehensive help and assistance provided and to Komrad bitterhowl for helping me with the introduction of a new AI into the game and a bunch of different edits in text files that I myself would not do.
    Big thanks to Komradam Haktar, Edmond, Torpedniy_Kater, blad398, Leeekaaa, Dart Kovu Nazgul for their advice and assistance.
    Many thanks to comrades rustik4009, puylo for helping me compile a list of Turkic names.
    Many thanks to Komrad zvinuz for replacing the partretas of the characters and the complete processing of icons and info-pictures in the construction menu on the strategic map.
    Many thanks to Komrad Oleg Tarasov for help with the introduction of new horses into the mod.
    Many thanks to Komrad Ivan Tellin for creating a model of a new organ weapon.

3. Mod is dedicated to the era of the Italian Warrior.

The Italian Wars (1494–1559) - a series of military conflicts between France, Spain and the Holy Roman Empire with the participation of other Western European countries (England, Scotland, Switzerland, Venice, the Papal States and Italian city-states), as well as the Ottoman Empire for the possession of Italy and hegemony in Europe and the Mediterranean. Having emerged as a dynastic dispute over the throne of the Neapolitan kingdom, the Italian wars quickly became a pan-European conflict. Since the 1520s, the main component of this conflict has been the struggle between France and the Hapsburgs for dominance in Western Europe. Military operations took place mainly in Italy. The political outcome of the war was the transition of Italy to Spain, the consolidation of its fragmentation and the pushing of Italian states to the periphery of European international relations.

4. The time period mod 1493 - 1559, 10 moves per year. The game is dedicated to the Renaissance, on the battlefield opposing heavy cavalry and infantry battles.
    5. The use of models and textures of units from the mod in other modifications only after agreement with the author of these models and textures.
    6. Other changes are possible, but they are still in the project.

Factions

Kingdom of France
    Holy Roman Empire
    Swabian Union
    Swiss Confederation
    Kingdom of Spain
    Kingdom of Hungary
    Kingdom of Naples
    Papal Province
    Milan
    Mantua
    Ferrara
    Venice
    Ragusa
    Florence
    Siena
    Genoa
    Borgeh
    Ottoman Empire
    Tunisia

Downloand

Installation instructions for mod:
    Archive Italian_Wars unzip to the mods folder of the game. The game is launched via Executable.bat located in the Italian_Wars mod folder.
    The patched file you must have, if it is not there, download it from the link below and drop it into the root folder of the game itself.

Yandex

https://yadi.sk/d/0blPLGVPko647A

OR

Google drive

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aKW...U54MCoOEo/view

Fix 01
    Content:
    - A small graphical improvement in tactics
    - Optimization of a new large city for Germany on tactics.
    - Removed mirror textures of some horses

https://yadi.sk/d/klBo3-HddGiEKw

Installation method:
    Unzip the archive into the folder with the mod with the replacement of files (the name of the folder where you need to install Italian_Wars).

The English translation has arrived! The translation is not perfect as it is done by an automatic translator but it definetly makes the mod playable and no longer uses cyrillic.

Download here: https://mega.nz/#!KhkWUI7b!Ksea63J3a...6XsVEQwDgNwv9s

Copy the files into your Italian Wars folder in data/text and overwrite the existing files.

Just for safety keep a copy of the original files too in case there are problems.

Many thanks to Jmazz97 for the translation

A presentation video of the mod (in Russian):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MdBChamC74&t=1231s

Battle map architecture

German City

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

German Church

German/Northern European cities

Milan/Northern Italian city

UNITS

Swiss

Hospitaller Knights

Hospitallers

Landsknecht Zweihander

Germans

Landsknecht arquebusiers

Arquebusiers

Landsknecht Halberdiers

Teutonic Knights

Spanish Rodoleros

Papal Troops

Milanese

Italians

And some badass artillery

I will keep posting images as I get a bit more time.
    Last edited by Wallachian; October 05, 2019 at 01:56 AM.

Default Re: Italian Wars 1493 - 1559

New street signs added

Last edited by Wallachian; July 30, 2019 at 02:25 AM.

Reserved2

This is beautiful, I am downloading it, it is 5,6 GB ''heavy''. Pike and shot era is my primary interest in military history. Just one question: did creators keep stats of units that Aneirin painstakingly tuned up? His battle balancing is one of the best, if not the best, for Renaissance pike and shot mods.

the balance of the long set up myself, and in my opinion he's the best ever I have seen. A lot of changes, animation, scripts , models, I will not even list them, play and understand the difference

Quote Originally Posted by LEZVIE View Post
    the balance of the long set up myself, and in my opinion he's the best ever I have seen. A lot of changes, animation, scripts , models, I will not even list them, play and understand the difference
    Thank you on response. I will try it.

First post updated with download link, first patch and also added the playable faction list.

Also, please thank and rep Lezvie the creator of the mod for his creation and his comments here.

I understand a bit of Russian and can read Cyrillic letter. I love the mod. I tried it, played for 5 hours and the concept and approach to stats of units is unique:

For instance defense of French Gendarmes is over 50, defense of elite Spanish Tercio pikes is 40. Units are rare, unique and require a lot of time for recruitment - up to 50 turns! So be careful how you use your army.

Graphical side is fascinating for such an old game, everything considering graphical display in this mod is fantastic - soldiers are modeled in detail, cards of units are beautiful... all that can be seen in previous screens of the first posts here.

The whole feeling of the game looks like a real Renaissance.

I recommend this beautiful mod!

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

If only somebody could translate it to English.

Quote Originally Posted by Elendil 03 View Post
    If only somebody could translate it to English.
    I second that.

Dear Wallachian,

When I double click on Executable.bat, it launches the normal DIK. I don't know what is happening, do you have an idea?

Thanks in advance,

FFJean

Hmmm,i use steam so i have to access the mod from steam and change the path. Not really sure. Perhaps copy the original DIK in another folder and leave only this one in the mod folder? Not really sure to be honest.

Dear Wallachian,

I use steam too. When I open the (your) Italian_War folder (the one I just dowloaded), I see very strange elements:
    - an "executable.bat";
    - a "GHZ_Texte.bat";
    - a "GHZ_Texte_back.bat";
    - a "Third Age.bat".

What do I have to do?

Thank you for your support,

FFJean

Which path do I have to change? In your first post, there are 3 things to download:
    https://yadi.sk/d/0blPLGVPko647A
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aKW...U54MCoOEo/view
    plus Fix 1.

Yes, that is correct those are the bat files in my folder too. All you have to do is go to Steam go to Options on Medieval 2 than go to Set Launch Options and change --features.mod=mods/Italian_Wars

However, make sure that you don't have two folders with the same names though. So you may need to check the other Italian Wars.

The download links contain the same thing, one in yandex and one in google drive.

Hey guys I have fantastic news! The English translation has arrived! The translation is not perfect as it is done by an automatic translator but it definetly makes the mod playable and no longer uses cyrillic.

Copy the files into your Italian Wars folder in data/text and overwrite the existing files.

Just for safety keep a copy of the original files too in case there are problems.

Many thanks to Jmazz97

JarlFrank's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Hey guys I have fantastic news! The English translation has arrived! The translation is not perfect as it is done by an automatic translator but it definetly makes the mod playable and no longer uses cyrillic.

Many thanks to Jmazz97
    Hmm, I extracted the zip into my data/text folder and everything is still in Russian. I can read Cyrillic but I don't speak Russian, and some options are blank (most notably the main menu) rather than having text on them, which is very inconvenient.

I checked the actual files in the folder, and their contents are English, so I don't know why the in-game text remains in Russian. Some of the files are still in Russian (export_buildings.txt for example) but quotes and units have translated text files... yet they appear in Russian in-game for some reason.

Veit ek, at ek hekk

vindgameiği á
    nætr allar níu,
    geiri undağr
    ok gefinn Óğni,
    sjalfur sjalfum mér,
    á şeim meiği
    er manngi veit
    hvers af rótum renn.

i think you have to delete all the txt.strings.bin files in the text folder so they can rebuilt.

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

Am I being stupid or is there no download link of the mod itself available? I only see the ones for the kingdoms.exe, the hotfix and the translation.

There is a new link posted on vkontakt. I will update this by tomorrow

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast