Thread: No recruitment capabilities in Dandong Commandery

Icon10 No recruitment capabilities in Dandong Commandery

The military institutions in Dandong cannot recruit any units. I’ve tried reinstalling the mod but the problem still persists. I was wondering if anyone else has this issue?

I figured this out mid campaign as Youzhou and this fact actually cost me the campaign since Goguryeo managed to finally weaken my forces after they had basically 3 whole years to build up for this while I was invested in taking northern Bing before Yuán Shào took it all

I was wondering if fixing this manually would be too much of an issue? I noticed in 3.5 that the Liaodong could never hold on to this settlement for too long and I’m wondering if this is the reason or if I’m missing something. Thank you for any update and I absolutely love this mod by the way. I hope I can fix this issue and restart my thrilling Youzhou campaign with that settlement having its proper recruitment capabilities which will keep Goguryeo at bay

best mod in any total war, period. I was pretty excited when I noticed the newer versions had all these barbarian/foreign factions. I knew that I held off on a serious Gongsun Zan campaign earlier on for a good reason

thanks again team! your efforts are much appreciated

Default Re: No recruitment capabilities in Dandong Commandery

Update: I did some testing and as Goguryeo the buildings do indeed work! So it seems we need the buildings to be for Han factions as well as foreign factions. This reminds me to ask... Can Jiaozhou now in 4.0 recruit regional units like other Han factions instead of Han levies? Would be sweet to see some J́ngzhou or Jiangdong units dressed up in Jiaozhou colors

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Factions have “native” and AoR recruitment. In the case of Youzhou (Han faction), when controlling Korean settlements they can recruit select Han and Korean units depending on buildings constructed. And the same is true for Goguryeo when controlling settlements in neighboring You province - once they expand beyond that, they can no longer recruit Korean units, only Han units.

All of the non-Chinese factions recruit Han levies - they cannot recruit regional specific (Hebei, Jiangdong, etc.) Han troops. The main reason is that it will put too much stress on the EDB file and cause crashes. We had this issue for a few versions after regional recruitment was reintroduced, as the new regional units and conditions bloated the EDB file substantially, causing crashes.

And thank you for your kind words, the entire team appreciates it.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

In my case you can’t train any sort of units besides peasants and county spearmen. I’ve checked the building tree and none of the buildings provide more than that not even levies. Even playing as Liaodong they can’t recruit any levies either. Only Goguryeo can recruit units beyond county in the settlement. Here’s an image so you can see what I’m referring to. The foreign building I believe gives you one single unit of a Korean cavalry

https://ibb.co/fkHczqM

btw how do you edit posts you’ve already put up? Didn’t want to put up another post just for the image but the first try didn’t work it seems

You can't edit posts until you have a certain number of posts. Not sure of the exact number, but maybe 10 or 25.

The issue was that Dandong had two hidden_resources that conflicted with recruitment, due to it being a border settlement, resulting in only peasants being recruitable. I have fixed it and now Dandong will serve as a proper frontier settlement, able to recruit Hebei units and limited Korean units for Han factions, and the full unit roster for Goguryeo.

-removed link-
    Last edited by Seether; July 27, 2019 at 04:30 AM.

I’ve installed both patches and even reinstalled the entire mod as well as both the patches but the same issue continues for me. The settlement can only recruit peasants, white horse archers, and county militia same as before.

[testing as Liaodong]

Try downloading only Patch 2 again and reinstalling it. Then, go to you data/world/maps/base folder and delete map.rwm and start a new campaign.

The only change done was a single word edit in descr_regions - any changes to descr_regions requires regenerating map.rwm for the change(s) to take effect. I had included a 0 byte map.rwm file, meaning it would auto-force map.rwm to regenerate. For some reason it appears it didn't happen in your case, so you will need to manually delete map.rwm to ensure it regenerates.
    Last edited by Seether; July 27, 2019 at 05:15 AM.

It seems it just doesn’t want to work for me. I’ve tried several methods again reinstalling the mod and deleting map.rmw but the settlement still displays the same issue in the end

Seems like your game want to use the original files, regardless of updates, which possibly points to Virtual Store. Have you performed the Virtual Store fix?

Thank you for the link and yes it all works good now after I followed the instructions. Thank you again

You’re welcome! Happy gaming!