Thread: RPFM and some super basic modding help

Default RPFM and some super basic modding help

Hi all,

So I read https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1694945483 and I can do things like modify unit stats now, but I can't get new units to work in the game. I'm especially having difficulty with Tomb Kings unit limits, characters per unit, and working with hordes (for some reason my units never show up in the building screen, and I have been unable to find the "buildings" in a horde to assign units to.

Regarding RPFM, the guide says I can "Create DB" to make things easier - but I can't because it's grayed out. I can't create DB on a brand new packfile. I can't Create DB on an existing packfile. It's *always* grayed out. What am I missing?

If anyone is willing to help out, I'd appreciate it. If someone would be so kind as to create a template mod for me to work from (say... bow ushabti for chaos), I'd be happy to wire you $10 over PayPal.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: RPFM and some super basic modding help

Start simple.
    The easiest is just to :
    Launch RPFM.
    Create a new pack, do NOT change the original files!
    Right click on unknown pack and select "Add / Add froml Pack File", and then select Data.pack.
    In this pack, select db\main_units tables, double click, then close data.pack (button at the top).
    In the left side, rename db\main_units_tables\__data to something like db\main_units_tables\__data_MyMod.

You are now safe to edit this table without breaking the game too much.
    Normally, it"s best to remove the lines you don't want to edit, and keep only the lines you want.

You will see all the units in this table, right pannel. Use the filter at the bottom, to shhow only units where land_units column contains tmb, and you'll see only the tomb king.
    Third column is "campaign cap". -1 means unlimited. 1 means only one unit (this is usually for ROR), and another means the units is limited. You'll notice many tomb king units are at 0, meaning you cannot recruit them by default: you need an effect to increase their cap, for tomb kind it's usually a building.

Now to help you more, can you be more specific with what you want to do?

Thank you!

Yes, so I was hoping to give Chaos a ranged unit with limited siege ability. I chose Bow Ushabti because... well, ranged unit with limited siege ability. To differentiate them from proper Bow Ushabti, I hoped to make them physically smaller and weaker, with more characters per unit. Yet it seems that troll/monster sized units are capped at 18 characters per unit?

But as I said in the original post, I'm also struggling with finding a way to connect a new unit to the Chaos tech/building tree. I can do it for non-horde units, but I seem to be unable to find where in a horde I can find the proper "building" requirement.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

ushabti are in the monstrous_infantry caste (main_units table), with 12 models per unit. But harpies are in the same caste, with 60, and razorgor with 32.
    For land units, it's inf_melee/inf_mel category class, or inf_range/inf_mis, same as peasant bowmen which are 160.
    From battle_entities
    - Size = Large. - Type = Giant. I don't see an example where unit with Large entity have many characters. Maybe that's it: try to create anew battel entity with medium size for your "chaos" ushabti.

Horde question: same as for normal units.

Building_unit_allowed table, look for wh_main_chs_inf_chosen_0.

They are given by
    - wh_main_horde_chaos_warriors_3
    - wh2_main_horde_rogue_settlement_1

And also rogue settlements