Thread: Need to unlock minor factions in Custom Battle (Third Age Reforged 0.97)

Default Need to unlock minor factions in Custom Battle (Third Age Reforged 0.97)

I have recently downloaded TATW Reforged 0.97, and as always I want to do some experimenting.

In the descr_sm_factions.txt file there are the Dunland and Slave factions, they are already set to YES in custom_battle_availability, but every time I go to Custom Battle mode they do not show up, I have also changed the era settings, there is no ALL in the era selection but there is a SPECIAL option in which ALL is supposed to be but anyways I cannot get the factions to appear, and I have also tried with other eras and the result is the same.

Hope someone can help me to have all the factions available.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Need to unlock minor factions in Custom Battle (Third Age Reforged 0.97)

Then there are no units in the export_descr_units file (EDU) that have ownership of these factions or the units have the 'no_custom' attribute.

Another option (more likely) is that the UI in the battle faction selection does not display all factions (limited number). Then simply set some other factions to 'NO' in custom battle availability in descr_sm_factions.

If that's the case then you may like to ask the guys in their forum about it and point them to my article.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 24, 2019 at 11:32 PM.

Default Re: Need to unlock minor factions in Custom Battle (Third Age Reforged 0.97)

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Then there are no units in the export_descr_units file (EDU) that have ownership of these factions or the units have the 'no_custom' attribute.
    I have already checked in the EDU and both factions have ownership for their respective units and there they have no 'no_custom' attribute.

Experimenting I switched the factions order in appearence in the descr_sm_factions.txt file and I was able to make Dunland appear in the custom battle screen selection, only to find out that it replaced another faction. Any knowledge of a script that can make the Custom Battle Mode have all the factions available? I have seen other mods which have like 30 playable factions in the Custom Battle Mode (with the only difference is that faction symbols in the selection screen show up smaller), I think I only have to modify some lines from a *.txt file but if I only knew what file

Blog Entries

Yup, I edited my post after posting that line, mentioning the limited display number and changing the custom availability. My link enables the display of 29 factions.

Yup, I edited my post after posting that line, mentioning the limited display number and changing the custom availability. My link enables the display of 29 factions.
    Thanks, it added all the factions just as you said, the only thing is that it altered some display images and icons in the menus, but anyways you saved me from doing all the switching from YES to NO in the factions availability just to play with specific factions, I think I will compare the original file from the one you shared and will try to break the faction limit without altering all, but for the moment I will keep with this file you shared, thanks a lot!

Blog Entries

The image stuff is related to the fe_textures file that is mentioned in the tutorial, grab yourself the one from my Bare Geomod installation if you haven't got another kingdoms mod installed.
    Remarks:
    • The LNT file is from the kingdoms campaigns, which means it requires the correct ...\data\menu\textures\fe_texture1.tga file to avoid weird graphic issues
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 25, 2019 at 12:19 AM.

The image stuff is related to the fe_textures file that is mentioned in the tutorial, grab yourself the one from my Bare Geomod installation if you haven't got another kingdoms mod installed.
    It did fix the issue of some icons looking weird, the only thing I could not solve it the fully darkened main screen of the mod, the background images got erased but in general the mod is working well, some visual issues that can be fixed but you really did helped me. thanks a lot!