Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EB 1.33 Alexander - Preview Part Two

Default EB 1.33 Alexander - Preview Part Two

We are continuing today with our preview of the upcoming Europa Barbarorum 1.33. As the relentless work of the last year comes to full fruition, we are in the position, especially on behalf of our great modeller Teobec, who insisted on keeping the simple, low poly, but high in historical detail Europa Barbarorum models, to continue with the presentation of the work of EB 1.33. Today our presentation will focus in some other units and aspects that were not part of the first presentation.

Iberian and African Units

Dovideri (Iberian Elite Warriors)

Brigantinoi (Celtiberian Champions)

Mezugenoi (Celtiberian Swordsmen)

Merkabim Garamantim (Garamantine Chariots)

Libyan Swordsmen

Libyan Javelinmen

New Barbarian strat map settlements (again work of Teobec)

Hellenistic Units

Thyreos-carrying Horse-Archer

Illyrian Thorakitai

Lakedaimonian Phalangitai

Athenian Hoplites

Default Re: EB 1.33 Alexander - Preview Part Two

Beautiful models! Congrats for the amazing work done!

Thanks Lusitanio! We will need BETA testers soon. We will make an official announcement

Will multiplayer be functional? Also the units look fantastic, I can't wait to show Roman superiority once again.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Another fantastic work and again totally new units - how many new units can you add?

Thank you for your efforts. I am just wondering, considering I have heard on the EB2 forums that, due to new evidence, some units from EB1 are now considered as not historically accurate, will these be removed, or, modified?

Quote Originally Posted by JowyJowyWoop View Post
    Will multiplayer be functional? Also the units look fantastic, I can't wait to show Roman superiority once again.
    Yes. It will have its own separate EB launcher (by Jirisys) much like 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by tomySVK View Post
    Another fantastic work and again totally new units - how many new units can you add?
    In descr_model_battle on ALX.exe it is possible to have as many as 550 models unlike 250 in other engines if I am not mistaken. It was another reason that we decided to have it only on Alexander.exe

Quote Originally Posted by charlieh View Post
    Thank you for your efforts. I am just wondering, considering I have heard on the EB2 forums that, due to new evidence, some units from EB1 are now considered as not historically accurate, will these be removed, or, modified?
    We have worked mainly from the historical works like those of Sekunda (osprey and montvert publications), of Bishop (regarding segmentata in Augustan times), of Bar Kochba for the Seleucid Army. We have thrown out some Briton and Iberian units which have not a historical basis. Which certain units they meant?

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

It's really difficult to chose between this one and EBII.
    Of course the medieval 2 is superior in many regards, but i have huge nostalgia for the rome one and i really like how the map looks.
    Altough the EBII map looks great, it is too much flat, i prefer how this version looks.
    Last edited by Fahnat; August 03, 2019 at 02:57 PM.

Would it actually be theoretically feasible for you to use the Roman city model from EB 2? I really like the more realistic walls here.

The reason why I keep coming back to Rome 1 is also the campaign map, so I can understand what you mean, @Fahnat.

On the other hand, the Medieval 2 engine doesn't support closed Testudo or this formation in general. Unfortunately it's not fixable, maybe it's one of the reasons why there were no more romermods on M2 engine basis. RS 3 with M2 would have been a dream, but also hard to realize.

Conan's Might's Avatar Civis

Hi sorry to post in here put is being unable to recruit Thorakitai as Seleukia intentional in 1.21? I'm running it on alex.exe. I can view the unit details in the barracks information page but the unit doesn't appear on the recruitment queue. The only oddity is that on the weapon type description of the unit card it says "unable to upgrade weapon type". Is there any quick alteration I can make to correct this? Thanks!
    "For no one, in this world you can trust. Not men, not women, not beasts... (Slowly Conan's father hands his son the mighty blade which he has forged) this you can trust"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Conan's Might View Post
    Hi sorry to post in here put is being unable to recruit Thorakitai as Seleukia intentional in 1.21? I'm running it on alex.exe. I can view the unit details in the barracks information page but the unit doesn't appear on the recruitment queue. The only oddity is that on the weapon type description of the unit card it says "unable to upgrade weapon type". Is there any quick alteration I can make to correct this? Thanks!
    Could you send a screenshot? Use fraps. It is a good program.

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice1987 View Post
    Would it actually be theoretically feasible for you to use the Roman city model from EB 2? I really like the more realistic walls here.
    You mean on battle or on campaign map?

I mean Battlemap.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Katakalon View Post
    Thanks Lusitanio! We will need BETA testers soon. We will make an official announcement
    Yeah Babe! Please put me on the testers list too!

I can test for you guys too. I enjoy long Romani campaigns and multiplayer.

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Hi guys, awesome job!

Maybe you'll find barbarian stratmap settlement models made by me from my Barbarian Empires mod suitable as well. Example is under spoiler.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Link for the mod is here - https://www.moddb.com/mods/lanjanes-barbarian-empires
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

icenii's Avatar Civis

I'm available for testing out the mod any faction is fine.
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii " In the game of Life Death always wins. Patience is a Virtue that takes time to acquire. The Answer is "7". No 1 wins all the time except God and he cheats.

Thanks again for all your work. I will be playing this and posting any bugs I encounter. I was actually in the middle of installing eb as I checked the forums for a new version this morning.

Conan's Might's Avatar Civis

Could you send a screenshot? Use fraps. It is a good program.
    Hi Leon Katakalon,

Sorry for the late reply I've attached x2 screen shots to hopefully highlight the issue better. I do know that other factions have been able to recruit them, as AI at least.

Just wondering if it a case of changing some text in a file somewhere to correct.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thorakitai Issue.jpg   Thorakitai Issue 2.jpg  
    "For no one, in this world you can trust. Not men, not women, not beasts... (Slowly Conan's father hands his son the mighty blade which he has forged) this you can trust"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We are not sure yet. We have to check it. Which version do you use?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast