Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Train your Generals at Schools! -&- Fixed Trait and Ancillary Triggers

Default Re: Train your Generals at Schools! -&- Fixed Trait and Ancillary Triggers

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    I have played the RtI scenario (chapter 3) a lot lately and getting that trait for your general doesn't make sense, because at that time when the Americans fought for their independence the military academy (West Point) as we know today didn't exist.

Only the 4th chapter should have that trait, so either removing that trait or replace that trait with a Military Academy ancillary to be present for the existing generals when the player start the 4th chapter.
    The mod was originally made having the Main Campaign and the old Imperial Splendor mod, the IS guys also incorporated to their new RotR campaign. It wasn't tested in any of the expansions, you should probably uncheck the mod whilst playing them.

If you want to fix this issue yourself, my bet would be in excluding the traits to the RtI factions. IIRC you cannot make a trait dependent or triggered by the existence of a building or tech, this trigger is in the .lua files, but I think (like 90% of triggers) it doesn't work.
    Train your Generals at Schools -&- Ancillaries and Traits Overhaul (E:TW)

TWC Thread

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Train your Generals at Schools! -&- Fixed Trait and Ancillary Triggers

Quote Originally Posted by iporto9393 View Post
    The mod was originally made having the Main Campaign and the old Imperial Splendor mod, the IS guys also incorporated to their new RotR campaign. It wasn't tested in any of the expansions, you should probably uncheck the mod whilst playing them.
    I wasn't aware this mod depended on the Main Campaign and the old IS mod.

Quote Originally Posted by iporto9393 View Post
    If you want to fix this issue yourself, my bet would be in excluding the traits to the RtI factions. IIRC you cannot make a trait dependent or triggered by the existence of a building or tech, this trigger is in the .lua files, but I think (like 90% of triggers) it doesn't work.
    Well, the only way I can fix the issue is to stop using this mod, because I don't have the required knowledge in modding.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Greetings guys, sounds very good this mod. one question; there are several version of IS. Does it work with Imperial Splendour {v2.2.1b}?

Keep up the good work!

Elektra

Hi iporto9393!

How did you fix faction leader traits?
    What are the meanings of effect.trait function arguments?
    What are the meanings of columns in character_traits and character_trait_levels tables?
    How did you find out all this stuff?
    Is there some sort of knowledge base?
    Or do you somehow decompile some .dll and deduce it from the code?

Icon3 Re: Train your Generals at Schools! -&- Fixed Trait and Ancillary Triggers

Crappy MEGA filehoster hangs my browser by taking up 2GB of RAM with one tab, so instead download the mod from GoogleDrive here, without mindf-ing:

Better_trait_triggers_test_1.0.pack

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12