Thread: descr_strat problem

johnswan's Avatar Tiro

Icon5 descr_strat problem

Having come back to MTW2 after a couple of years i'm having trouble changing the descr_strat file details from vanilla to 1 turn = i year and showing the turns as years.I change the file and make it read only but then find i can't select a campaign from the faction list.Am using Windows 10 and steam version of the game .Mods with different scripts run ok, just cant change vanilla or my own mods run from kingdoms folders folders. Any ideas?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: descr_strat problem

I had no problem changing to one turn\year and play - and there is no need to make the file read-only.

My guess is you used an editor (which one?) that added hidden formatting and prevented the descr_strat file from being read, the main reason why you won't be able to select a campaign.

If you want to mod vanilla then I would suggest to install my mod set up. Then unpack the game outside the game's directory if you need more files to edit and copy the needed files into the mod's directory.
    And use Notepad or Notepad++ to edit text files.

johnswan's Avatar Tiro

Thanks for your reply,dont know if im using an editor but i will try your suggestion

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Editor = the application you used to change the entries in the text file. Wordpad and Word will leave hidden formatting for example.