Thread: The best total war experience. ¿why not move into attila total war?

Default The best total war experience. ¿why not move into attila total war?

i have been a total war player for a long time, i am now playing as rome, after one campaign with egypt, where i tried to learn the basics of DEI, and i can say that this is the most exciting total war experience i have had in my life. First the war against carthage was great, it was hard to me to destroy em (the punic wars ended in 170 turns) when carthage has died, in the north massalia and arverni become real serius powers and in the east basilea odrysson took over greece, by that moment egypt and galatians declare war over me and over basylea (so we become allies) i kick galatians out from greece when they tried to took it, and reach the gates of alexandría. In the moment i was preparing to make my final hit, a huge army from the arverni massalia alliance attacked me in the mediterranean sea and in the north of italy, obligating to a "trench" warfare, where i seems to be dead. i started this campaign just after ending my western roman empire campaign in attila (it was cool too) and i say, a great game like attila total war, will be a very good field to the DEI team skills, or even the 1212 ad mod pack (i just can dream with a mod like DEI for medieval times)

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: The best total war experience. ¿why not move into attila total war?

Attila is inferior in some aspects like battles and map does not fit our campaign timeframe
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

I agree, Attila's battles are not enjoyable. I think it is the mass issue (cavalry is immune to mass related damage). KAM, is that it or are there more issues with Attila's battles engine?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Yes, units that are walking are almost autokilled while at the same time CA added AI that pulls away from combat. This leads to cases where your levy unit suddenly routs AI elite infantry because that AI unit decided to pull away despite no other AI units were in combat with your troops.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Semisalis

Well the only shortcomings of the attila engine that i can think of are: somewhat inadequate map for the mod's time frame, less optimized engine, less intrigues/political actions, no goverment changing, some formations still not working (shield wall), less usable dlc maps for the time frame.
    The rest is only positive things: politicians as governors, siege escalation, walled secondary settlements, better UI overall, much less buggy naval battles, seasons and fertility systems, hordes, true character traits, customizable city battle maps, cities battle maps tied to location and not only owning culture (no more Rome or Athens made up of barbarian huts after a few turns), true roads, war weariness and many more.
    Of course the amount of work required to port DEI over to the Attila engine would be incredible so the team decison about this is perfectly understandable.

Deleted
    Last edited by PietrolEremita; July 23, 2019 at 06:52 AM.

Semisalis

I don't understand the meaning of your post, english not being my native language may be the cause of this. Care to explain?

Deleted
    Last edited by PietrolEremita; July 23, 2019 at 06:54 AM.

Semisalis

I've read your two answers and fully understood them. Does this not entitle me to express my own different views? I fear this has nothing to do with reading comprehension or second languages...

Deleted
    Last edited by PietrolEremita; July 23, 2019 at 06:55 AM.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Come on guys, stop it and resolve your "issues" privately.
    No one cares about these kind of things.

No issue on my side but you are right, my posts were off topic so I deleted them

Deleted
    Last edited by dizzyjai; August 28, 2019 at 09:59 PM.