Thread: [Sub mod] Port of Piraeus - Strategic port (DeI 1.2.4)

Default [Sub mod] Port of Piraeus - Strategic port (DeI 1.2.4)

Hi everyone,

This mod replaces the starting port of Athens with the new strategic Port of Piraeus, similar to the the ports of Alexandria, Carthage etc.

The mod should be loaded after the main Dei packs, as it overwrites the startpos.esf.

Hope you'll enjoy it.

Download link

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [Sub mod] Port of Piraeus - Strategic port (DeI 1.2.4)

Really nice, thx!

Thanks for posting!

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

Nice idea, however you get a special level 5 piraeus port as athens. I like the idea behind that since its great for roleplaying - you rebuild the glory of athens as a mediterranean power and as a testament to that you recreate the mighty athenian port. Still, if somebody likes to have it right of the bat then it's a good submod to have around. Just wondering, have you incorporated all the features of other major ports such as garrisons for all culture types, ability to build supply ships etc? Additionally, since you have the port from the start, i feel its only logical to remove the speical level 5 athenian port.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Nordling; July 22, 2019 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordling View Post
    Nice idea, however you get a special level 5 piraeus port as athens. I like the idea behind that since its great for roleplaying - you rebuild the glory of athens as a mediterranean power and as a testament to that you recreate the mighty athenian port. Still, if somebody likes to have it right of the bat then it's a good submod to have around. Just wondering, have you incorporated all the features of other major ports such as garrisons for all culture types, ability to build supply ships etc? Additionally, since you have the port from the start, i feel its only logical to remove the speical level 5 athenian port.

Cheers!
    For the port of Piraeus I copied all files for the port of Carthage and renamed them, including recruitable units, building effects and garrison units. So garrison units should work for all factions. I guess I forgot to remove the lvl 5 port, but as it can only be build in the capital, by the Athens faction it shouldn't be a problem unless you move your capital. This I actually why I prefer the the strategic port chain, as the 5th lvl port can be built anywhere as long as you move your capital (Piraeus in Antioch )

Centenarius

Thank you for this. I will try to make some time so I can try it out soon.

Hi everyone,

I've corrected a few issues and uploaded the mod again (same link as before).

Changelog:
    1. removed the now obsolete 5th lvl port of Piraeus.
    2. added an entry in campaign_settlement_display_buildings table, so that the building now shows up on the campaign map.

Cheers

Civis

Hello Import this sub mod to officiall campaign

Centenarius

I was finally able to find the time to give this a try. I wanted to let you know that it is incompatible with the official 12 TPY submod. I tried sticking an extra "@" in front of the file name so that it would load first, but then the official 12 TPY submod wouldn't work.

I think most of the long time DEI players here use the official 12 TPY submod in their campaigns, so I hope you can upload a fix.

And yes, I am a long time proponent of Athens having a unique port from the start and I really hope this makes it into v1.2.5!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluke View Post
    I was finally able to find the time to give this a try. I wanted to let you know that it is incompatible with the official 12 TPY submod. I tried sticking an extra "@" in front of the file name so that it would load first, but then the official 12 TPY submod wouldn't work.

I think most of the long time DEI players here use the official 12 TPY submod in their campaigns, so I hope you can upload a fix.

And yes, I am a long time proponent of Athens having a unique port from the start and I really hope this makes it into v1.2.5!
    I play 4 TPY myself, so didn't really think of it. It shouldn't be a problem though. I'll just upload it again with an added 12 TPY pack.

Hi everyone,

I've added a 12TPY pack (vanilla, NOT all factions playable) and uploaded the mod again (same link as before).

Cheers

Centenarius

Srenhr91, thanks for the 12 TPY version. I did have to add an extra "@" to the file name to get it to load before the official 12 TPY submod in order for it to work. It does look like it is working now with the extra "@". I'll keep playing the campaign and let you know if I see any other issues.

Mod is now OBSOLETE with the new update to DeI 1.2.5.

I've updated the mod for DeI 1.2.5 and uploaded it again to

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...9#post15819559

Cheers

Since we have a new thread, locking this one. Let me know if you want it unlocked.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----