Thread: Where should we modify the campaign difficulty now? campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects_tables is empty!

Icon5 Where should we modify the campaign difficulty now? campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects_tables is empty!

It seems that the campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects_tables is empty in Total War Three Kingdoms, not like other TW games.
    So I wonder where can we see and modify the differences between different campaign difficulties? I would always lower the upkeep in the highest difficulty in the other Total War games, but TW:TK seems that it doesn't use campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects_tables to change the difficulties. So does anyone know where can we see those difficulty settings?

Thanks in advance! Thank you very much for viewing and repling this thread!
    AYAYA

Default Re: Where should we modify the campaign difficulty now? campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects_tables is empty!

I downloaded one other people's mod (It's called "Dynasty Warriors Super Skills given to Player Only Updated for ALL FACTIONS" on Nexus), and it seems we can modify the following 3 tables to add some cheating effects: "campaign_group_faction_effect_bundles_tables" and "effect_bundles_tables" and "effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions_tables".

I'm using Rusted Packfile Manager (as known as RPFM) to making mods for the game. Here's what I learned from that "Super Skills" mod:

Firstly we can add/create some effect bundle keys in "effect_bundles_tables", such as "ForPlayerFactionsOnly", we can just type in whatever name we want for the effect bundle key that we want to create, and don't forget to change the bundle target to "faction" or "character". (In this example, we want to use the effect bundle for player faction only, so we change the target to "faction".)

Then in campaign_group_faction_effect_bundles_tables, we can change the application scope of the effect bundles that we just created, ie. "Apply To Human" or "Apply To Ai". (In this example, because we want to use the effect bundle for player faction only, not the ai, so we check off "Apply To Human", and leave the "Apply To Ai" empty.)

Finally in effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions_tables, we can add new lines, use the Effect Bundle Keys we just created, such as "ForPlayerFactionsOnly", and modify the "Effect Key", "Effect Scope" and "Value" to what ever we want, for example we can add the "3k_main_effect_force_all_campaign_recruitment_cost_all" to -100 hahaha. The Advancement Stage is "start_turn_completed" by default.

Then it's done, we can save the mod and use mod manager to apply the mod.
    By the way, I need to write down the general method of using RPFM to make mod, to remind myself. 1.Open RPFM, set up the "PackFile--preferences". 2.Click "MyMod--New MyMod". 3.Right click on your mod, click "Add...--Add From Packfile". 4.Double click all the tables that you want to mod, in this example, those three tables. 5.Modify. 6.Delete all the lines which are unmodified, or use "Special Stuff--Three Kingdoms--Optimize Packfile". 7.Save the packfile, use "Packfile--Change Packfile Type" to change the packfile type to "Mod" if you are using Mod Manager or "Movie" if you don't want to use Mod Manager and want the mod to be active all the time. 8.Use "MyMod--Install" to install the mod, or simply copy the .pack file into your game's "data" folder. 9.Use the Mod Manager or Game to enjoy the new mod.

Another thing, the "Campaign Group" in "campaign_group_faction_effect_bundles_tables" is "3k_main_campaign_group_all" by default, "Duration" is 0 by default. Other things can all just be the same with the original tables. "Show in Generic Bundle Display" in "effect_bundles_tables" is checked by default.
    Last edited by Leonardo; July 21, 2019 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Posts merged.

Default Re: Where should we modify the campaign difficulty now? campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects_tables is empty!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJim View Post
    I downloaded one other people's mod (It's called "Dynasty Warriors Super Skills given to Player Only Updated for ALL FACTIONS" on Nexus), and it seems we can modify the following 3 tables to add some cheating effects: "campaign_group_faction_effect_bundles_tables" and "effect_bundles_tables" and "effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions_tables".

I'm using Rusted Packfile Manager (as known as RPFM) to making mods for the game. Here's what I learned from that "Super Skills" mod:

Firstly we can add/create some effect bundle keys in "effect_bundles_tables", such as "ForPlayerFactionsOnly", we can just type in whatever name we want for the effect bundle key that we want to create, and don't forget to change the bundle target to "faction" or "character". (In this example, we want to use the effect bundle for player faction only, so we change the target to "faction".)

Then in campaign_group_faction_effect_bundles_tables, we can change the application scope of the effect bundles that we just created, ie. "Apply To Human" or "Apply To Ai". (In this example, because we want to use the effect bundle for player faction only, not the ai, so we check off "Apply To Human", and leave the "Apply To Ai" empty.)

Finally in effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions_tables, we can add new lines, use the Effect Bundle Keys we just created, such as "ForPlayerFactionsOnly", and modify the "Effect Key", "Effect Scope" and "Value" to what ever we want, for example we can add the "3k_main_effect_force_all_campaign_recruitment_cost_all" to -100 hahaha. The Advancement Stage is "start_turn_completed" by default.

Then it's done, we can save the mod and use mod manager to apply the mod.
    By the way, I need to write down the general method of using RPFM to make mod, to remind myself. 1.Open RPFM, set up the "PackFile--preferences". 2.Click "MyMod--New MyMod". 3.Right click on your mod, click "Add...--Add From Packfile". 4.Double click all the tables that you want to mod, in this example, those three tables. 5.Modify. 6.Delete all the lines which are unmodified, or use "Special Stuff--Three Kingdoms--Optimize Packfile". 7.Save the packfile, use "Packfile--Change Packfile Type" to change the packfile type to "Mod" if you are using Mod Manager or "Movie" if you don't want to use Mod Manager and want the mod to be active all the time. 8.Use "MyMod--Install" to install the mod, or simply copy the .pack file into your game's "data" folder. 9.Use the Mod Manager or Game to enjoy the new mod.
    Anothing, before step 7 "Change Packfile Type", we'd better rename all the "data__" files in the tables folders of your packfile, for example, change "data__" to "no_recruitment_cost_data__".

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJim View Post
    Anothing, before step 7 "Change Packfile Type", we'd better rename all the "data__" files in the tables folders of your packfile, for example, change "data__" to "no_recruitment_cost_data__".
    We definitely should rename all the "data" or "data__" files in the tables folders. Doing this will make the mod more compatible. However don't rename any folder, or the mod won't take effect! I'll repeat it again, this is very important: Don't rename any folder, such as "_kv_rules_tables" folder or "_kv_morale_tables" folder, don't rename folders or the mod won't take effect. But you should rename all the table files under folders, such as "data" or "data__" table files.