Thread: VANILA ARTILLERY VERSION WOULD BE GREAT

Default VANILA ARTILLERY VERSION WOULD BE GREAT

Artillery feels kinda usless with this mod, they fire so slow it hurts to have it in army, i had to disable this mod cuz i love artillery, evrything else is perfect, wish there ware version with vanila artillery

Default Re: VANILA ARTILLERY VERSION WOULD BE GREAT

Thing is, artillery if first half of 18.century was not really used in open battles.. it was heavy, problematic to move, with civilian contractors using them.. ER tries to portray the development with late artillery being a lot more effective than early ones.. And for early game, there are infantry guns available which fire a lot faster than heavy guns which were suitable only for sieges..

Quote Originally Posted by mkozyr View Post
    Artillery feels kinda usless with this mod, they fire so slow it hurts to have it in army, i had to disable this mod cuz i love artillery, evrything else is perfect, wish there ware version with vanila artillery
    I feel the same. So, to not just try another mod, I resolved to learn how to mod. It is really easy. You need to download this: https://sourceforge.net/projects/packfilemanager/.
    Then, you change the 'ER_Main.pack' file, inside the 'data' folder of the game. Mine would be D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data.

I attached my first attempt on arty changes. I just cut by half the reload time. Only that make game much more fun to me.
    ER_Main.pack.rar

Do you have another download link for your artillery armandoeg? I think the only four flaws with this great mod in my opinion are, artillery, can't seem to add a blood mod, not able to recruit militia, not able to recruit bigger ships for Austria.