Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Republican lawmakers want to make child drag shows illegal.

Default Republican lawmakers want to make child drag shows illegal.

The outrage!
    Journalists with pedo tendencies are upset!
    https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/04/2...shows-illegal/
    Ohio representative Tim Schaffer has proposed a bill in the state legislature seeking to clamp down on performances by “a child under eighteen years of age or a mentally or physically handicapped child under twenty-one years of age,” in a response to a performance by a nine-year-old drag queen.
    Offenders could face up to six months in prison and a $1000 fine, while violations of the law could lead to venues being stripped of their liquor licenses.

In a release, Schaffer confirmed the bill was a response to “a performance by a child in a local bar [that] concerned numerous citizens throughout Fairfield County.”
    Nine-year-old performer Jacob Measley and his family have faced a tidal wave of threats and abuse after he performed as “Miss Mae Hem” as a drag event.
    His mother Jerri Measley explained told the Toledo Blade that her son decided to take up drag after watching RuPaul’s Drag Race.

Measley added that she does not allow her son to perform to songs with sexual lyrics, and that she closely monitors his performances, which consist of dance moves he learned in gymnastics and dance class.
    She said: “Jacob is just a guy who likes to dress up and dance and feel pretty… it’s kind of like Halloween every time he has the opportunity to do it.”

Schaffer claimed that show was “a very bad example of parenting,” and likened the performance to human trafficking.

He said: “Given our heightened focus on human trafficking and the role money plays in trafficking children, I knew I had to take action to make sure this activity does not occur again.
    “We can do better to protect innocent children and we must do better.”
    Schaffer’s bill is co-sponsored by eight other Republican lawmakers, the majority of whom have anti-LGBT records.

They are John Becker, Timothy Ginter, Candice R. Keller, Bernadine Kennedy Kent, Craig S. Riedel, Kent Smith, Fred Strahorn and A. Nino Vitale
    The specific wording of the bill would outlaw any performance “that suggests a minor is participating or engaging in sexual activity, , or bestiality and that, taken as a whole by the average person applying contemporary community standards, appeals to prurient interest.”
    There was no suggestion in the show that Measley was “participating or engaging in sexual activity, , or bestiality,” but campaigners are worried that it could be used to clamp down indiscriminately.
    Local LGBT+ campaigner Kristen Angelo said: “There is nothing wrong with what Jacob is doing. Nothing sexual, nothing inappropriate.”
    The mayor of Lancaster, David Scheffler, stressed that contrary to claims being spread online, the performer “was fully clothed and was not touched by anyone in the audience.”
    He added that there “have been serious threats of violence” following misleading claims being spread about the performance.

Other underage drag performers like Desmond Napoles have had a similar backlash.
    This is a pretty interesting debate. The argument against gay marriage used to be ''it'll be a slippery slope to pedophilia and zoophilia''; most people, me included, believed it was an exaggeration. As it turns out, immediately after the gay marriage battle was won, LGBTs immediately moved to very questionable ''trans-rights'' battles. Among the new fads of the ever expanding LGBTQIA+ is indeed the ''pre-teen drag queens''.

In this context there have been multiple cases of ''lgbt'' activists turning out to be pedophiles, ranging from Hirez employees to tech writer ''Dr Pizza''.

So, to make it clear, why is a movement about alternative sexual orientations so interested in crossdressing pre-teens?

To me the answer is obvious and I'm personally going with Republicans in this case, but feel free to discuss in favour of the other side.

Default Re: Republican lawmakers want to make child drag shows illegals.

Gotta keep our long tradition of child pageants pure:

Heterosexual objectification of children only, plz.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Indefinitely Banned

Given that homosexuals identify so much with their sexuality, why are we allowing the sexualisation of children via drag shows?

Child beauty pageants are as much to do with beauty and femininity rather than sexuality, as is obviously the case with trannies and homosexuals. The fact that this nuance was lost on authorities in the West, speaks volumes about the decline in intelligence amongst the western political class.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    Given that homosexuals identify so much with their sexuality, why are we allowing the sexualisation of children via drag shows?

Child beauty pageants are as much to do with beauty and femininity rather than sexuality, as is obviously the case with trannies and homosexuals. The fact that this nuance was lost on authorities in the West, speaks volumes about the decline in intelligence amongst the western political class.
    How have child beauty pageants nothing to do with female sexuality? I mean children posing half naked on a stage?
    Maybe I'm too European to understand the difference...

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by The spartan View Post
    Gotta keep our long tradition of child pageants pure:

Heterosexual objectification of children only, plz.
    Somewhere evangelicals must meet their future childbrides...

Those pageant shows are clearly sexual.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

I think the key issue here is that these children's beauty pageant hosts were failing to sing songs about how they do not diddle kids.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    How have child beauty pageants nothing to do with female sexuality? I mean children posing half naked on a stage?
    Maybe I'm too European to understand the difference...
    A European wouldn't be fussed about nudity.

No, for most normal people, they're not going to automatically think sex when they see a child in a bathing costume; for some Americans, child beauty pageants are as much a coming of age for their young daughters, than it is about sexualising children, as appears more to be the case in 'Desmond is magical' types who encourage the young boy to strip and accept dollars for nudity.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; July 19, 2019 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Hate-speech.

Default Re: Republican lawmakers want to make child drag shows illegal.

3 liberal posts, not a single one on the topic. All ''what about''.

Liberals derailing discussions they do not want to continue is a thing.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

This law would be struck down easily as a violation of free expression. They aren't doing anything illegal.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    3 liberal posts, not a single one on the topic. All ''what about''.

Liberals derailing discussions they do not want to continue is a thing.
    The spartan effectively answered your question. If child pageants with girls being sexualizied at 5 are or 7 or 10 are OK. Thus one has to ask why Drag is bad?
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

I've thought a lot about this recently. It's obviously a grave evil, but is it the government's role to ban it? I don't know. But I don't get upset when evildoers are sent to prison.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    The spartan effectively answered your question. If child pageants with girls being sexualizied at 5 are or 7 or 10 are OK. Thus one has to ask why Drag is bad?
    Bad sexualization of kids period.

Civitate

Article says the kid just dresses in drag and sings. No sexually explcit lyrics. No nudity mentioned.

Come on Basil. You complain about liberals censoring people all the time. Wheres your rant against the Republicans for coming up with this bill?

There's a humongous difference between censoring political opinions and censoring sexualization of kids. One is not compatible with democracy, the other is.

Civitate

There's a humongous difference between censoring political opinions and censoring sexualization of kids. One is not compatible with democracy, the other is.
    Except its not compatible. Instead of censoring opinions you are regulating human behavior.

If you don't want your kid exposed to sexualization don't bring them to a 9 year old wearing drag and singing.

Just like with TV, movies, and video games. They developed a rating system for each of them so parents who did not want their children exposed to sexually explicit content wouldn't have to let their children watch those shows or movies or play those games.

At the end of the day its not the state's job to regulate legal behavior. This law could never stand up to the 1st Amendment.

It's not a Republican bill, by the way. It seems to be bipartisan. A third of the bill's co-sponsors are Democrats. I have no idea where Pinknews get that all the co-sponsors are Republican.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Can we agree that child pageants and child drags are both equally bad and anything that sexualizes under-aged people should count as a public obscenity that should have no place in a civil society?

Civitate

Its not society's job to parent for you.

Then why a bill focusing on child drag shows and not include the far more common child beauty pageants?
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

It's actually amazing how liberals are desperately trying to turn this about child pageants. Can you guys for once stick to the topic? Ever?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast