Thread: Top Gun: Maverick

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Default Top Gun: Maverick

do you feel the need?

THE NEED FOR SPEED?

Default Re: Top Gun: Maverick

Grew up watching the original. Will inevitably watch this at some point.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

I used to let this screen run. It was honestly better music than the movie's theme:

One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Little sad to see him demoted to an F-18 instead of the improved/rebuilt F-14 he should be flying
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Trailer looks promising. Will definitely watch it.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

I´m quite curious about the story. Like current age offer man vs drone theme. Like hinted in the trailer. But I wanted to see a few more toys...F-22/F-35 and that carrier is Nimits class not new G. Ford class. Ok ok I´m nitpicking but... :-)
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    new G. Ford class.
    I thought it is grounded for too many issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    I´m quite curious about the story.
    One thing I do want to nitpick is about the characters. Apparently Iceman is in as an Admiral. Why the living hell did they bother with Ed Harris as another Admiral and not just have Val Kilmer dressing down Tom Cruise? Would've streamlined so much and be so much of a dramatic flip from the first movie.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Let's just hope that Jerry Bruckheimer is not writing checks Tom Cruise's body can't cash...

IronBrig4's Avatar Good Matey

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    I used to let this screen run. It was honestly better music than the movie's theme:
    That game was frustrating as hell. I could never land the plane.

Under the patronage of Cpl_Hicks