Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Trump, I hear you're a racist..............

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Default Re: Trump, I hear you're a racist..............

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    That literally answers your question. Nothing to do with race.
    Then why not just call them dumb if this wasn't about race.

Just because they are non-white doesn't mean they are exempt from criticism. Heck, even asserting that is somewhat actually racist.
    Nice strawman but there are ways to criticize non-white people without resorting to insulting them over their ancestry which Trump did.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post

Nice strawman but there are ways to criticize non-white people without resorting to insulting them over their ancestry which Trump did.
    Watching you so bitterly debate an issue over which no one has batted an eye lid or is outraged has been thoroughly delightful

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by ep1c_fail View Post
    Watching you so bitterly debate an issue over which no one has batted an eye lid or is outraged has been thoroughly delightful
    Why is there some massive outrage going on? They still running this story? Oh wait.......

Have to say you still misinterpreting what i said is just sad. Almost as sad as your argument about Twitter being a public forum.

Dude, we've been over this. You can't be racist if what you said has nothing to do with race. Country of origins has nothing to do with race. Just because those women are non-white doesn't mean they are exempt from criticism.

Civitate

Dude, we've been over this. You can't be racist if what you said has nothing to do with race. Country of origins has nothing to do with race. Just because those women are non-white doesn't mean they are exempt from criticism.
    Same strawman again? Telling them to go back to their own countrues because if their opinion is bringing race inti the discussion. You insult them by they are not wanted here because of their opinions. Thats racist.

Tiberios's Avatar Le Paysan Soleil
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

If they had been white we wouldn’t be having this discussion, but since they are not it is suddenly racist. All because Trump has the audacity to stoop down to their level and fire back. The irony of it all is that the two leftist radicals themselves called for opponents to be deported. I can’t say I feel bad for them. You reap what you sow.
    Last edited by Tiberios; July 28, 2019 at 10:05 AM.

Same strawman again? Telling them to go back to their own countrues because if their opinion is bringing race inti the discussion. You insult them by they are not wanted here because of their opinions. Thats racist.
    Countries aren't races, dude. Two different concepts. Nothing to do with race.

Civitate

Countries aren't races, dude. Two different concepts. Nothing to do with race.
    Mish's definition on racism he posted again fits perfectly.
    Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism against someone because of their race of ethnicity is racism. He purposely insulted those women because of their ethnicity.

Tiberios's Avatar Le Paysan Soleil
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Oh come on, Vanoi. Saying it is racist is simply intellectually lazy and getting old. We all know it wouldn’t have been an issue of they had been of European descent.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberios View Post
    Oh come on, Vanoi. Saying it is racist is simply intellectually lazy and getting old. We all know it wouldn’t have been an issue of they had been of European descent.
    Wouldn't have been an issue because Trump wouldn't have said it to them if they were of European descent. Whats lazy is you not addressing anything i said and simply going on with the "but if they were white this wouldn't be an issue" excuse

Like Heathen Hammer? He was told to go to Russia because of his opinions...

Civitate

Wouldn't have been an issue because Trump wouldn't have said it to them if they were of European descent. Whats lazy is you not addressing anything i said and simply going on with the "but if they were white this wouldn't be an issue" excuse

Trump has made the Democratic party rally around AOC and Omar (an antisemite) just when it looked like the Dems might sort them and their radical ideas out. Both are predominantly disliked in the U.S. and he made the Dems circle the wagons around them. AOC insinuated Pelosy was racist for being "mean" to her. The Left has been calling everyone to the right of them racists and Nazis for so long, nobody cares. No matter what he does they'll call him racist because it's a buzz word for the Left. For the longest time if a person was called racist they'd kowtow and do anything to show they weren't. It was weaponized. Now that the Dems have been ever increasingly "crying wolf", people are starting to tune it out even if there is a wolf.

Trump calling Baltimore one of the worst places in America is apparently racist because its district house member is black and has a large concentration of black people in it. It being actually one of the worst cities in the U.S. doesn't matter to the Left. It's a chance to call him racist and the Left still thinks they can use it to control people. "He insulted something black people are associated with. He's the most racist president in history. He must do what I say or I'll keep calling him a racist." The Left has this intrinsic belief that they can't be racist because they are on the left. I think a recent tweet by Bette Midler is a good example.

Black people can't think for themselves and are willing to sacrifice their principles for money. - Bette Midler

It's racist to require a government issued ID to vote...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...;v=rrBxZGWCdgs

...because black people are too stupid to obtain one. They need benevolent leftist whites to look out for their best interests because they're incapable of doing it themselves.

Presidential hopeful Cory Booker called him worse than racist. What does that even mean? Did he have an idea that because people are tuning out people calling the Right racist this would rejuvenate their obsequiousness? "Well I didn't care about being called a racist, but now that I'm being called worse than racist I better start doing what they say so I'm not socially ostracized."

The Left realized a long time ago they can use identity politics to gain power. Blade came out 20 years before Black Panther and Electra like 15 years before Captain Marvel, but both of the latter 2 were marketed and praised has huge milestones for black people and women. If you didn't like them you're a racist/misogynist. (Sidenote. Black Panther, a meh movie, was nominated for Best Picture and The Dark Knight wasn't. Tells me all I need to know about people in Hollywood and their decision making) People are getting fed up with the Left shamming them into doing what they want and the Left thinks that doubling down on it will work. They're in a sprint to see who can be as woke as possible, and the average American doesn't have the time or willingness to listen any longer.
    Last edited by NorthernXY; July 28, 2019 at 02:58 PM.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernXY View Post
    Left still thinks ...He's the most racist president in history.
    Absolutely. Trump received a meagre percentage 8% of the black vote in 2016. Why?
    ------
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernXY View Post
    The Left...identity politics to gain power
    You are confused. Your beloved President has repeatedly used racial and at times racist language over the last four years, attracting support from those wary of the growing population of Americans who are not white or Christian.Exactly what scholars describe as white identity policies. Read below(1). You are too young (...or too "white") to know, but in fact, there is a lot of similarities between Trump's and George Wallace's rallies,

...and Muslims should be removed from the White America.
    --
    (1)
    The Whistles of George Wallace: Gender and Emotions in the 1968 ... European Journal of American Studies.
    Excerpts,
    But beneath the thin veneer of this suburban American Dream, a much darker vision lurked: a hyper-masculine and racist vision finally exposed by the presidency of Donald Trump. His rhetoric about immigrants (“bad hombres” and “rapists”), women (“grab them by the pussy”), and Washington politics (“drain the swamp”) harken back to the ambitions of George Wallace, the segregationist governor of Alabama who ran for the presidency in 1968.1 Republicans appropriated, fine-tuned, and whitewashed his message in the following decades, hoping that people would eventually forget one of their main sources of inspiration. But with Donald Trump in the White House, it is hard to deny how a Wallaceite agenda has increasingly determined the course of the Republican Party.

...The presidential elections of 1968 and 2016 indicate how right-wing populism based on authoritarianism and toxic masculinity can effectively arouse lurking feelings of alienation, anger, anxiety, and fear. As such, they demonstrate the remarkable power of gender and emotions in political campaigns.
    -----
    On 4 July, the asinine President held one call with El Sisi of Egypt, the most autocratic leader in Egypt's modern story. Just a couple of days earlier, Trump joked with his friend Putin, and said that he envies the Russian President, because Putin did not have to deal with "fake news"- in a country where 26 journalists were murdered since 2102.
    On 5 July, Trump praised Bin Salman of Saudi Arabia. On 6 July rewarded Kim Jong Un with a promise of better relations. And, as we know since a long time ago, he praises Duterte,the bloody dictator of Philippines.
    According to a recent ruling from the International People's Tribunal,convened in Brussels from 18-19 September 2018, the tribunal declared Trump and Duterte guilty of crimes against humanity. 84-page decision
    With all that being said, enjoy the unbelievable hypocrisy of Trump, a moral pygmy,
    Trump administration to review 'role of human rights in US policy
    ---
    And again. The Republican Party is a racist Party.Republican support for Trump rises after racially charged tweets
    support for the president among Republicans rose by 5 percentage points to 72 percent
    Last edited by Ludicus; July 29, 2019 at 01:51 PM.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

After that post Andrew Jackson is spinning in his grave.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    Absolutely. Trump received a meagre percentage 8% of the black vote in 2016. Why?
    Mitt Romney recieved 6% of the black vote in 2012. So clearly Mitt Romney is more racist, right? How many did Mccain get in 2008? 4%. So clearly McCain was more racist than Trump, right? Bush meanwhile got a full 9% in 2000, so almost as much of a racist as Trump, right?
    ------

You are confused. Your beloved President has repeatedly used racial and at times racist language over the last four years, attracting support from those wary of the growing population of Americans who are not white or Christian.Exactly what scholars describe as white identity policies. Read below(1). You are too young (...or too "white") to know, but in fact, there is a lot of similarities between Trump's and George Wallace's rallies,

...and Muslims should be removed from the White America.
    Examples of racist language used by Trump?
    When did he say that Muslims should be removed from the white america? Has Trump ever used the term "White America" at all?
    (1)
    The Whistles of George Wallace: Gender and Emotions in the 1968 ... European Journal of American Studies.
    Excerpts,
    What an extremely biased source. I didn't even really need to keep reading after it called illegal aliens "immigrants".
    On 4 July, the asinine President held one call with El Sisi of Egypt, the most autocratic leader in Egypt's modern story.
    ???
    How dare Trump speak with the leader of a country!
    Just a couple of days earlier, Trump joked with his friend Putin, and said that he envies the Russian President, because Putin did not have to deal with "fake news"- in a country where 26 journalists were murdered since 2102.
    Damn Russian time travellers.
    Doesn't Trump know that presidents aren't allowed to make jokes? Sheesh, it's not like a US president ever made a similar joke, oh wait, president Nixon did (on a visit to China, he was shown ear plugs used by Chinese emperors to stop hearing criticism, to which Nixon said "give me a pair").
    On 5 July, Trump praised Bin Salman of Saudi Arabia.
    Yes, keeping good ties with US allies, truly a horrifying act. Say what you will, Saudi Arabia has made important progress thanks to MBS (women being allowed to drive is one good example).
    [quote]
    And again. The Republican Party is a racist Party.Republican support for Trump rises after racially charged tweets
    Ah yes, call all those who vote Republican racist, that's a great strategy to win support. Not.

Why is there no thread titled "Pelosy, I hear you're a racist"? AOC implied it and she's a POC, so disagreeing with her is racism.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    Mitt Romney recieved 6% of the black vote in 2012. Mccain get in 2008? 4%...Bush meanwhile got a full 9%
    As I said before - the GOP has a racist problem.
    ------
    I have a suggestion for all American and non-American white supremacists/ racists: have the guts to do what you want to do: send the blacks to Liberia, the gypsies to Auschwitz. Exterminate the Palestinians. Turn the Mediterranean sea into a sea of blood without rescue boats. Help Afrikaners return to their glorious Apartheid past. Free Karadzic and all the Serbian mass murders. Pray before Mussolini's tomb and place flowers on the tomb of Franco.

Examples of racist language used by Trump?
    Without comments.

How dare Trump speak with the leader of a country!
    Diplomatic relations refers to the customary diplomatic intercourse between nations.
    Stop pretending you don't understand the difference. No, he praises al-Sisi as a "great president". As someone has put it, Trump is suffering from a bad case of autocrat envy.
    He has expressed admiration for Duterte, Kim Jong Un, Putin, Saudi Arabia's crown prince ("he is dong a spectacular job"),and son on.
    ------
    ------
    It comes to my mind that Trump said he would listen if foreigners offered dirt on opponents in 2020. Here's a slogan for Trump and for all of America right: a quotation from "Complete Works of Charles and Mary Lamb",
    "... I suppose that it was at one of these meetings that he made that shrewd remark which has since then escaped in notoriety: "Martin, if dirt was trumps, what hands you would hold!"
    How dirty are Trump's trumps...
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    As I said before - the GOP has a racist problem.
    That's not at all what those numbers mean.
    I have a suggestion for all American and non-American white supremacists/ racists: have the guts to do what you want to do: send the blacks to Liberia, the gypsies to Auschwitz. Exterminate the Palestinians. Turn the Mediterranean sea into a sea of blood without rescue boats. Help Afrikaners return to their glorious Apartheid past. Free Karadzic and all the Serbian mass murders. Pray before Mussolini's tomb and place flowers on the tomb of Franco.
    I hope you are not insinuating what I think that you're insinuating.
    Without comments.
    So no examples to back your claim? cool.

Diplomatic relations refers to the customary diplomatic intercourse between nations.
    Stop pretending you don't understand the difference. No, he praises al-Sisi as a "great president". As someone has put it, Trump is suffering from a bad case of autocrat envy.
    He has expressed admiration for Duterte, Kim Jong Un, Putin, Saudi Arabia's crown prince ("he is dong a spectacular job"),and son on.
    Trump is either undiplomatic, or too diplomatic. You can't win.

It comes to my mind that Trump said he would listen if foreigners offered dirt on opponents in 2020. Here's a slogan for Trump and for all of America right: a quotation from "Complete Works of Charles and Mary Lamb",
    "... I suppose that it was at one of these meetings that he made that shrewd remark which has since then escaped in notoriety: "Martin, if dirt was trumps, what hands you would hold!"
    How dirty are Trump's trumps...
    Impressive non-argument.

Trump is either undiplomatic, or too diplomatic. You can't win.
    The criticism of Donald Trump's foreign policy centers around his habit of pandering to authoritarian regimes, or diplomatic missions that seek to compliment him, instead of a coherent geopolitical strategy. He is also at odds with his own promises on foreign policy that he made during his Presidential campaign.

Your analysis of this criticism is childishly simplistic. As is your entire dismissal of Ludicus's arguments simply because you dislike the Trump's critics.