Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Trump, I hear you're a racist..............

Default Re: Trump, I hear you're a racist..............

Trump seems to hold a lot of ethnic stereotypes, but that's not unusual for his age and line of work. I don't think he dislikes anyone just for belonging to one ethnicity or another, though.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Prodromos View Post
    Trump seems to hold a lot of ethnic stereotypes, but that's not unusual for his age and line of work. I don't think he dislikes anyone just for belonging to one ethnicity or another, though.
    I think pretty much everyone is prejudiced to some extent. Generally, we pretend that we're not because as long as that pretense is maintained, peer pressure deters us from acting on our base instincts. Trump making these remarks in his capacity as President is damaging because it erodes such reservations.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    These women were dumb, he told them off for being dumb. Democrat politicians and mainstream media journalists are mentally inferior to Trump, since he's been wrapping them around his finger since he announced his candidacy.
    You didn't answer my question. Why not just call them dumb then? Instead he insulted them over their ancestry.
    Again, you need to look up what term "racism" means before you use it to describe someone you just don't like.
    Mish posted the definition for you. It fits Trumps words perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    I hope not.
    ---
    History doesn't repeat itself but it often rhymes, as Mark Twain (?) once observed. Anyway- as Salvini, Trump, Orban or Bolsonaro did, among others, nazism/ fascism marked some human groups (Jews and gypsies) as "undesirable foreigners".

The Jewish saga and the History of Europe teaches and reminds us the stages of progressive radicalization.
    First came the search for the Lebensraum ( the so-called national German concept of " vital space"); then came the Italian Lebensraum. In the beginning, they won the elections in a democratic way. Then they tried to influence/manipulate the press .Then came the banalization of xenophobia and racism, sexism and homophobia.Then they polarized the societies, using scapegoats- the fight against corruption, targeting the elites and the politicians. Finally,they captured the Justice. True and moral were judged according to the interests and preservation of the Arian Volk.
    In the epilogue of Eichmann in Jerusalem, Hannah Arendt tells us that that to attack diversity, in other words, is to attack humanness. In the words of Hannah, genocide is an attack on human diversity as such, that is upon a characteristic of the "human status" without which the very words "mankind" or "humanity" would be devoid of meaning.
    Would it have been racist to mention the Japanese Empire? Bringing up the Italians and leaving out the far worse atrocities by the Japanese against the Koreans and Chinese sheds light on your thought process.

[
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

The Japanese do not intend to repeat their mistakes. I can't say the same for some European political parties. Sadly that may include Italian ones, and so it seems the US Republikan Partei

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    The Japanese do not intend to repeat their mistakes. I can't say the same for some European political parties. Sadly that may include Italian ones, and so it seems the US Republikan Partei
    You don't pay attention to Japanese culture and politics do you?
    Last edited by NorthernXY; July 26, 2019 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    I hope not.
    ---
    History doesn't repeat itself but it often rhymes, as Mark Twain (?) once observed. Anyway- as Salvini, Trump, Orban or Bolsonaro did, among others, nazism/ fascism marked some human groups (Jews and gypsies) as "undesirable foreigners".

The Jewish saga and the History of Europe teaches and reminds us the stages of progressive radicalization.
    First came the search for the Lebensraum ( the so-called national German concept of " vital space"); then came the Italian Lebensraum. In the beginning, they won the elections in a democratic way. Then they tried to influence/manipulate the press .Then came the banalization of xenophobia and racism, sexism and homophobia.Then they polarized the societies, using scapegoats- the fight against corruption, targeting the elites and the politicians. Finally,they captured the Justice. True and moral were judged according to the interests and preservation of the Arian Volk.
    In the epilogue of Eichmann in Jerusalem, Hannah Arendt tells us that that to attack diversity, in other words, is to attack humanness. In the words of Hannah, genocide is an attack on human diversity as such, that is upon a characteristic of the "human status" without which the very words "mankind" or "humanity" would be devoid of meaning.
    Let's see if you get the point when told by a fellow leftist like Milanovic:
    https://www.socialeurope.eu/this-time-is-different

I won't spoil it, I just want to see who gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernXY View Post
    You don't pay attention to Japanese culture and politics do you?
    The Japanese constitution forbids aggression save in the event of an attack. They are not going to conquer random peoples and subject them to WW2 treatment anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernXY View Post
    Would it have been racist to mention the Japanese Empire? Bringing up the Italians and leaving out the far worse atrocities by the Japanese against the Koreans and Chinese sheds light on your thought process.
    No, it wouldn't have been. But, the conversation isn't exactly about Asia. The context is about Europe.

Trump, I hear you're a racist..............
    I can't help but wonder how come nobody commented on the title of this thread.
    The very accusation of being a "racist" (whatever that may mean) is now enough to start a witch hunt. What is next? Pyres and mobs screaming "burn the heretic" perhaps?

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    You didn't answer my question. Why not just call them dumb then? Instead he insulted them over their ancestry.
    That has nothing to do with their ancestry.
    Mish posted the definition for you. It fits Trumps words perfectly.
    The problem with your argument is that concept of race was never part of this situation. You are just using the term because you want to use the term and you think it makes Trump sound "evil" or something.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    The Japanese constitution forbids aggression save in the event of an attack. They are not going to conquer random peoples and subject them to WW2 treatment anytime soon.
    Swing and a miss.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

My opinion.

Trump's not a racist. I'd have issue with that because he's not the full blown racist the left makes him out to be. Does he have racial bias? Everyone has.

Trump's merely exploiting the message of the small fringe radical racist parties that no one ever cared about in the first place. Why do you think Nigel Farage stole the language of the BNP and merely refitted it into a message that all people would like? (And the BNP are the real racists since their desire was to kick all non-whites out of the country.)

I'd say he has more favourable stances towards different countries. His policy on India is baffling tbh. Would have been better if Clinton had been elected since India would know what to do since she is very anti-India.

Calling him a racist, and his voters racist, is exactly what will make Trump win 2020.

Its not admiration here, he's just using the racism 'immigration anti-rhetoric' just like any other politican is.

There are far worse and more racist people out there than Trump can ever be. Not even the White Nationalists like Trump so much.
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; July 28, 2019 at 08:49 AM.

I don't think you really understand what the word "racism" means. Telling someone to frig off for being stupid isn't racist.

So... pointing out absence of assimilation is now a "virus"? It's just common sense. Especially in Europe, where third world immigrants tend to create parallel societies that carry over same problems and negative culture aspects from their countries of origin, essentially being "European" on paper only.
    Its always Third World immigration is 'bad' since the beginning of the Colonial Century.

Those negative culture aspects that right wingers so love and admire about third world cultures is crap. The English missionaries throughly distorted Hindu Culture just as they did with African culture. Made them look like savages in the first place.

And right wingers still hold their view even today.

Edited statement: Revised.

All opinions are my own.
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; July 28, 2019 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wandering Storyteller View Post
    Sorry but which Third World Immigrants?

Attack me on my opinion with Trump, but can you seriously sign a petition saying I want all non-whites kicked out of Europe?

Can you please specify which immigration group? Hindus? Sikhs? Buddhists? Who?

Its always Third World immigration is 'bad' since the beginning of the Colonial Century.
    This has nothing to do with them being white or non-white. For example immigrants from China and East Asia in general have no problem with integrating. Its the issue of culture and lack of assimilation, especially from Muslim countries, immigrants from where often carry over islamic nonsense into Europe.
    The main problem are the ruling liberal elites in Europe, which became increasingly incompetent and subversive. Once they are removed and replaced form power, things will go back to normal again.

This has nothing to do with them being white or non-white. For example immigrants from China and East Asia in general have no problem with integrating. Its the issue of culture and lack of assimilation, especially from Muslim countries, immigrants from where often carry over islamic nonsense into Europe.
    The main problem are the ruling liberal elites in Europe, which became increasingly incompetent and subversive. Once they are removed and replaced form power, things will go back to normal again.
    I see your point here. I'm just frustrated with seeing right-wing youtubers creating nonsense out of thin air, especially No Bs and Steven Crowder. I agree with this point of view, but those 'so-called right wing youtubers' are just jumping on the hate bandwagon of these people have nothing in common with us.

The person whose's views should be critiqued is Stefan Molyneux. He claimed in a video that Indian immigrants are the worst type of immigrants as compared to Korean, Japanese and Chinese immigrants because they're first world.

That...was one of the most ******* ignorant statements I have ever heard. What was American treatment of the East Asian immigrants? Were they handed cake on a platter?

No, they had to deal with a lot of racisim before they became respected. Same with the Indians.

I have edited my original statement and will re-edit again.
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; July 28, 2019 at 09:09 AM.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

That has nothing to do with their ancestry.
    Still not answering my queation.

The problem with your argument is that concept of race was never part of this situation. You are just using the term because you want to use the term and you think it makes Trump sound "evil" or something.
    Trumps comments made it about race considering he told four congresswomen to go back to their own countries. He wouldn't have made the comment if they were white.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wandering Storyteller View Post
    I see your point here. I'm just frustrated with seeing right-wing youtubers creating nonsense out of thin air, especially No Bs and Steven Crowder. I agree with this point of view, but those 'so-called right wing youtubers' are just jumping on the hate bandwagon of these people have nothing in common with us.

I have edited my original statement and will re-edit again.
    There is no "hate band wagon". The notion of "hate" is mostly just a buzzword used by mainstream media to demonize anyone opposing liberal left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    Still not answering my queation.
    That literally answers your question. Nothing to do with race.
    Trumps comments made it about race considering he told four congresswomen to go back to their own countries. He wouldn't have made the comment if they were white.
    Just because they are non-white doesn't mean they are exempt from criticism. Heck, even asserting that is somewhat actually racist.