Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump, I hear you're a racist..............

Default Re: Trump, I hear you're a racist..............

Quote Originally Posted by Bob69Joe View Post
    Perfectly acceptable for Fall of Rome era type stuff. Everyone knows the LEFT lies, and Trump is leading them all in circles with purposeful tweets, while working around them and accomplishing his goals as they continually distract and obstruct.

Trump is telling the world that America isn't a free cash grab, that immigrants need to learn skills here and go back to fix their nations. Trump is, literally , the greatest American President.
    Fascism isn't purposeful.

His wife is a migrant and allegedly lacks skills. Jus' saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob69Joe View Post
    None of this has anything to do with the lies of equality or racism, but the LEFT lies, as it always does. Trump is saying that foreign nations haven't prospered as America has because America has better methods. Those people need to emulate America, not empower the LEFTists here, so power will permanently be in the hands of tyrants, and their NGO operatives.
    Trump is not America, it's arguable whether the racist fool is American tbh. He is emulating Putin, his puppetmaster, no free nation would want to follow that.

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    I see the virus that's been plagueing Europe has now taken root in the 'land of the free" as well. That is, solidifying the idea that an immigrants citizenship, and even that of their descendants, is second rate. How hard is it to understand that delving through people's past for countries of origin to 'send them back to' when you don't like what they do or say is problematic?

As for the offense taken at being called nazi or fascist, consider that the people making those comparisons may not care that much whether people who chant things like 'send her back' are aware of and openly subscribe to nazism or are just unwittingly reinventing parts of it for themselves.

You know, I've always felt that sticking up for freedom and constitution, even if it was at times dogmatic, even belligerent, was the one thing America did better than Europe. It's greatest claim to greatness, well ahead of its military prowess and economic might. I guess that greatness is one Trump doesn't intend to bring back.
    I suspect that greatness died with John McCain.

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    Racism or no, allowing a first generation immigrant to hold office in congress is pretty ing stupid and will end up biting you in the ass sooner rather than later.
    Trump is a first generation migrant. Why is it fine for this to hold the highest office, a Commander-in-Chief who lacked the balls to serve in Vietnam, and not for a brown person to hold office in Congress?
    Last edited by mongrel; July 20, 2019 at 05:05 PM.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

I see the virus that's been plagueing Europe has now taken root in the 'land of the free" as well. That is, solidifying the idea that an immigrants citizenship, and even that of their descendants, is second rate. How hard is it to understand that delving through people's past for countries of origin to 'send them back to' when you don't like what they do or say is problematic?

As for the offense taken at being called nazi or fascist, consider that the people making those comparisons may not care that much whether people who chant things like 'send her back' are aware of and openly subscribe to nazism or are just unwittingly reinventing parts of it for themselves.

You know, I've always felt that sticking up for freedom and constitution, even if it was at times dogmatic, even belligerent, was the one thing America did better than Europe. It's greatest claim to greatness, well ahead of its military prowess and economic might. I guess that greatness is one Trump doesn't intend to bring back.
    people need to get a broader perspective... some seem to have this rose color glasses when talking about the constitution, as if the only interpretation of it is the current liberal leftist one. I can agree that hants of "send them back" are unusual, but thats only because we are in an unusually liberal time. through most of us history it would not have been controversial at all. the same constitution you refer to was there when us had race based immigration, when they had jim crow, etc. "send them back" is not the anomaly, when looking broader. The anomaly is the kinds of views expressed by the democrats today, like open borders and what not.

It is still racist.
    Last edited by mongrel; July 20, 2019 at 05:10 PM.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Thats how bad it has gotten. Now even legal immigrants are scape goated as an answer to current problems and imaginary ones the alt right invents.

In fact only since the election of Trump and toxic European politics that started floating this way have i even heard in America about problems with legal immigration. Previously illegal immigration was the problem. And most Americans had and still dont have problems with legal immigration.

Now mostly foreigners (Europeans) and Trump are trying to sell the same heard in Europe. That legal immigration is destroying America. The same BS.
    Last edited by Vanoi; July 20, 2019 at 05:52 PM.

There's always been an anti-immigrant contingent in the GOP and even in the Democratic party, it's just they were marginalized until recently. Immigration isolationists are still a minority, but they have a lot of friends in the White House right now so they enjoy a disproportionate amount of influence over politics, but they won't be able to do much without Congressional support.

I don't think they'll ever be a majority, but due to the way the electoral college is set up, white, non-college voters (including "Obama-Trump voters") now have veto power over presidential elections, so whoever wants to become president will need to pander to them. And as far as I can tell, their wishlist is basically economic and immigration restrictions plus a little social conservatism.

I don't know if any Democrat could win enough of them to beat Trump, except maybe Biden. But if the Democrats nominate someone like Harris, Buttigieg or even Warren, they'll probably just be handing Trump the election.

Voter Trends in 2016 - Center for American Progress

Trump’s Electoral College Edge Could Grow in 2020, Rewarding Polarizing Campaign - The New York Times
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...es_politicians

This has been going on since the creation of America. Letting foreign-born persons hold office. Can't say it has hurt America.

To be fair immigrants can’t stand for the presidency. I guess you can make the argument that it should be the same for other offices.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    To be fair immigrants can’t stand for the presidency. I guess you can make the argument that it should be the same for other offices.
    You could but there isn't basis for it. The only restriction ever established was having to be a natural born citizen to be President.

@Prod Here's an interesting link on American views regarding immigration.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...to-foreigners/

Well, they're not going to hold a national referendum on immigration, so it doesn't matter what most people think. Trump's catering to a few hundred thousand white, working class voters in swing states like Michigan and Pennsylvania. He doesn't really care if 20 million Californians think unlimited immigration is swell.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Prodromos View Post
    Well, they're not going to hold a national referendum on immigration, so it doesn't matter what most people think. Trump's catering to a few hundred thousand white, working class voters in swing states like Michigan and Pennsylvania. He doesn't really care if 20 million Californians think unlimited immigration is swell.
    My point was that the people least likley to support immigration or want it lessened are those white non-college voters you mentioned. Even more specifically older white Republicans.

Problem is though that demographic isn't growing at all. Its gradually decreasing. The Baby Boomers are on their way out. Pander all you want to them. They're not the future. Even the young Republicans and conservatives now don't all share the same stance regarding lessening immigration.

And i don't think at all white non-college hold veto power. Thats going to be determined by who turns out in 2020. 2020 is going to be a big year just like 2016. Trump better hope he gets better turn out and the Democrats lose theirs unlike in the 2018 elections.

So Trump told them to go back to their own countries ( implying they are foreigners who don't need to be here) simply because of their ideas? Thats pretty racist.
    I don't think you really understand what the word "racism" means. Telling someone to frig off for being stupid isn't racist.
    So... pointing out absence of assimilation is now a "virus"? It's just common sense. Especially in Europe, where third world immigrants tend to create parallel societies that carry over same problems and negative culture aspects from their countries of origin, essentially being "European" on paper only.
    Last edited by Heathen Hammer; July 21, 2019 at 09:36 AM.

Civitate

Except he didn't say that. He specfically mentioned they should go back to their own countries because of who they were. If he just didn't like him he would have simply insulted but he didn't. He told them to go back to their countries because they are immigrants and/ or because they're families are not from here. Thats racist.

Except he didn't say that. He specfically mentioned they should go back to their own countries because of who they were. If he just didn't like him he would have simply insulted but he didn't. He told them to go back to their countries because they are immigrants and/ or because they're families are not from here. Thats racist.
    Except that's not what he said. He told them to leave because they were spouting rabid nonsense. Rude, but racist? Hardly. People need to stop getting offended and apply critical thinking. That Omar person is a moron, but being rude to morons isn't racism, its human nature. if someone would tell Clinton or Cheney to off, nobody would call that racism, Omar's case isn't any different.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Except that's not what he said. He told them to leave because they were spouting rabid nonsense. Rude, but racist? Hardly.
    So he told four congresswomen who are immigrants or are from immigrant families to go back to their own cou tries simply because he didn't like what they said? Still sounds racist.

People need to stop getting offended and apply critical thinking. That Omar person is a moron, but being rude to morons isn't racism, its human nature. if someone would tell Clinton or Cheney to off, nobody would call that racism, Omar's case isn't any different.
    Telling immigrants or people of foreign ancestry to leave the country because of their opinions sounds racist. You insulting them because of where they are from.

So he told four congresswomen who are immigrants or are from immigrant families to go back to their own cou tries simply because he didn't like what they said? Still sounds racist.

Telling immigrants or people of foreign ancestry to leave the country because of their opinions sounds racist. You insulting them because of where they are from.
    No, he insulted them for saying stupid things. Because they said stupid things. telling stupid people how it is may be considered rude, but is definitely nothing to do with race. As I said above, you need to look up what word "racism" actually means.

Miles

edit: just noticed Aexodus made a similar post 3 hours prior. Please delete this comment.

Only one of the four women immigrated here. And Omar being an American citizen has the right to propose change she sees fit regardless of her immigrating here or not.
    Didn't you guys have a rule that only native born citizens are allowed to become president? Why is Omar (assuming she's the immigrant you referenced) even allowed to run in the Democratic primaries, if no one who isn't a natural born citizen can run?

Didn't this used to be a thing? I feel like this used to be a thing.
    Last edited by Swiss Army Cheese; July 21, 2019 at 01:51 PM.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Yesterday ,President Donald Trump presided over a crowd chanting "Send her back! Send her back!" about an American Muslim congresswoman, one of four elected officials whom he targeted with racist attacks.

Are there any decent conservatives left in the US who are prepared to call out such fascist japery?
    The answer is no.Let's keep in mind that not a single House Republican voted to proceed to debate on the Democratic resolution condemning Trump's racist attacks.
    Only three condemned Trump's racist remarks. Hurd, the sole black Republican House member; Susan Brooks and Fred Upton. Brian Fitzpatrick merely condemned Trump's...tone.

Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex Magistrate

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    So... pointing out absence of assimilation is now a "virus"?

"Go home to your own country" or "send them back" is not pointing out a problem. It's suggesting a solution to a problem. It doesn't matter one bit what these women said or did beyond the fact that they are US citizens and citizenship should not be held to different standards depending on where one's family originated. It really is that simple.
    Last edited by Muizer; July 21, 2019 at 03:22 PM.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex Magistrate

double
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

"Go home to your own country" or "send them back" is not pointing out a problem. It's suggesting a solution to a problem. It doesn't matter one bit what these women said or did beyond the fact that they are US citizens and citizenship should not be held to different standards depending on where one's family originated. It really is that simple.
    Will you hold anyone to those standards?

why cant they be held to a different standard? if they and their family are newcomers, is it not reasonable to expect gratitude and loyalty from them? lets for arguments sake assume they are evidently ungrateful and illoyal: isnt it fitting they should "go back"?