Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Italy: Far-right Activists in Possession of Air-to-air Missile

Default Italy: Far-right Activists in Possession of Air-to-air Missile

As the title suggests, the Italian authorities confiscated a large amount of weapons and ammunitions owned by Italian Neo-Nazis. Amidst the Nazi paraphernalia, bullets and machine guns, there was even an anti-aircraft rocket, whose origin was probably from Qatar. According to the police, it is estimated that the right-wing extremists were simply smuggling all these lethal objects, without any serious intention to use them in a terrorist attack against civilians. It's a reasonable conclusion, especially for the missile, considering that the members of Neo-Nazi groups often work in a criminal environment and usually excel in illegal traffick of women, drugs and rifles.

However, we should not underestimate the strong links of the far-right with terrorism in Italy. During the '60s and '70s, there were several far-right attacks in Italy, which resulted into the death of tens of innocent citizens, a particularly bloody record which even overshadowed that of the notorious Red Brigades. Rather coincidentally, the two founders of Forza Nuova, the fascist party implicated in the recent controversy, had fled from Italy, in order not to be investigated for their role in the Bologna Massacre, by far the most brutal terrorist act in Italian history. Moreover, a member of Forza Nuova, with a past full of attacks against leftists in Italy, had also traveled to Ukraine, in order to fight against the Ukrainians in the War of Donbass. Forza Nuova initially enjoyed cordial relations with Svoboda, an Ukrainian neo-Nazi paramilitary force, but its policy was completely reversed (start reading from the 5:52 paragraph) after Maidan, when it considered the hostility of Kremlin towards Brussels, as the sacred struggle against "masons, usurers and Bolsheviks".

Therefore, I believe that the combination of a rich arsenal, recent warfare experience and a long record of particularly ruthless bombings against civilians could create a remarkably poisonous cocktail. The confiscation of this diverse collection of guns, from rocket-propelled grenades to pistols, is certainly a step towards the right direction, but it is absolutely necessary that the fight against far-right radicalism is not decreased. Especially the Italians should be exceptionally sensitive in combating the threat posed by a political faction, which never hesitated to murder, torture, imprison and oppress Italians, with the ultimate objective of reinforcing its totalitarian regime.

Miles

Default Re: Italy: Far-right Activists in Possession of Air-to-air Missile

So they have an air to air missile, big whoop. It's not like they could use it: Those things can only be fired from the air.

Bearing in mind how the far/alt-right completely lost their minds when a couple of people were doused in milkshake, I'm sure they'll be even more vociferous in their condemnation of these actual terrorists. Because that's how this works right?

But I'm not hopeful though.

More likely you'll see utter disinterest because it doesn't fit the far-right narrative of perpetual victimhood. Remember:

Throwing milkshakes, kneeling down during a song or protesting actual Nazis = OMFG!! Worse then Hitler!!!
    Actual Nazis planning terrorist attacks with deadly weapons = Who cares?
    Last edited by TheLeft; July 17, 2019 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Army Cheese View Post
    So they have an air to air missile, big whoop. It's not like they could use it: Those things can only be fired from the air.
    Tell can sell it to a third party and use the $$$ to buy more guns and explosives.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeft View Post
    Actual Nazis planning terrorist attacks with deadly weapons = Who cares?
    And you'll never see Tommy Robinson disrupt a trial relating to baby and toddler paedo rings. We all know why.
    Last edited by mongrel; July 17, 2019 at 10:46 AM.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Glad they were caught

Tell can sell it to a third party and use the $$$ to buy more guns and explosives
    Who is going to buy and air to air missile? To use it you have to have a military jet already, and if you have a military jet presumably you can buy missiles for it from a friendly government.
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Bearing in mind how the far/alt-right completely lost their minds when a couple of people were doused in milkshake, I'm sure they'll be even more vociferous in their condemnation of these actual terrorists. Because that's how this works right?
    Milkshakes killed their entire families.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Big War Bird View Post
    Who is going to buy and air to air missile? To use it you have to have a military jet already, and if you have a military jet presumably you can buy missiles for it from a friendly government.
    Probably someone who is interested in and knowledgeable enough to extract the warhead.
    The Armenian Issue

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Do you think they were going to sell it to perhaps pro russians dissidents in Ukraine? That’s the only explanation I can think of.

Well Italy is the birthplace of Fascism, so it doesn’t need to be said that this is concerning to say the least. Any idea what these Forza Nuova types would target?
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

In theory an AA missle can still be used if you rig a detonator to the warhead as it's essentialy a fragmentation weapon. To my knowledge only the UK uses kinetic AA missles all other designs are fragmentation warheads that go off close to a fragile aircraft.

Blog Entries

I was wondering if they coulda used the warhead actually.

Anyway Nazis are obviusly a big threat in Italy if they can get a freaking AA missile.
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Mithradates's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Probably someone who is interested in and knowledgeable enough to extract the warhead.
    The missile they found lacked the warhead.

Blog Entries

I didn’t know that. So it’s just a harmless rocket then.

MacCarthy's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Do you think they were going to sell it to perhaps pro russians dissidents in Ukraine? That’s the only explanation I can think of.

Well Italy is the birthplace of Fascism, so it doesn’t need to be said that this is concerning to say the least. Any idea what these Forza Nuova types would target?
    Why would pro-Russians ask for a missile, when Russia can easily supply them another one to shoot down a passenger jet?

No warhead IMO it's a prop. Like people who have diffused and inert artillery shells for display.
    Last edited by MacCarthy; July 18, 2019 at 02:04 AM.

Deactivated missle? That changes things, was probably mounted on a wall as decoration then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithradates View Post
    The missile they found lacked the warhead.
    I doubt these Nazis knew that.
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by 95thrifleman View Post
    Deactivated missle? That changes things, was probably mounted on a wall as decoration then.
    No, they were trying to sell it to a "foreign official". Likeliest candidate is Libya, where both sides in the civil war are in a desperate need for ammunition. I wonder how they would invest the sum they would obtain from that sale, but the most worrying part in this case is how easily a group with a terrorist past can obtain even the most extravagant weapons. One of the arrested fascists used to be a customs official, which partially explains their proficiency in arms smuggling.

Funny, in US these people would actually be called... collectors. Honestly, i don't see any reason why civilians shouldn't own weapons like machine guns. Italy just needs a reform of gun laws and make them similar to US. Same goes for any other Western country. Also that missile obviously missed parts that make it a weapon, so it really isn't an issue.
    In the long run, it is more concerning to see insane politicians like Merkel, Trudeau or Saudi government having whole militaries in their disposal. What if Merkel has another temper fit and decides to invade, say, Hungary for defying her? So yeah, we need politician control, not gun control.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Funny, in US these people would actually be called... collectors. Honestly, i don't see any reason why civilians shouldn't own weapons like machine guns. Italy just needs a reform of gun laws and make them similar to US. Same goes for any other Western country. Also that missile obviously missed parts that make it a weapon, so it really isn't an issue.
    In the long run, it is more concerning to see insane politicians like Merkel, Trudeau or Saudi government having whole militaries in their disposal. What if Merkel has another temper fit and decides to invade, say, Hungary for defying her? So yeah, we need politician control, not gun control.
    So what you're saying is that machine guns are far more dangerous than milkshakes? Cool. Glad we agree.

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    No, they were trying to sell it to a "foreign official". Likeliest candidate is Libya, where both sides in the civil war are in a desperate need for ammunition. I wonder how they would invest the sum they would obtain from that sale, but the most worrying part in this case is how easily a group with a terrorist past can obtain even the most extravagant weapons. One of the arrested fascists used to be a customs official, which partially explains their proficiency in arms smuggling.
    Doubt it'd be Libya, as last time I checked they didn't have an air force *reads article* I stand corrected.

Anyways interesting to find out that it is illegal to compliment Mousalini's regime in Italy. Leaves one to wonder just how terrible the trains have become in Italy, since World War II.

So what you're saying is that machine guns are far more dangerous than milkshakes? Cool. Glad we agree.
    But they fear the milkshake........

Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast