Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum 1.33 Sneak Preview

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Europa Barbarorum 1.33 Sneak Preview

Hello EB Lovers!

Our EB Team (Teobec, B0gia de bodemloze and me) have prepaired an entirely new version of EB 1.33, which adds more than 60 new, historially attested units including chariots, cavalrymen, generals and updated siege engines. Teobec has also worked on improving the outward appearence of barbarian settlements on the strategic map. We have also undertaken a fixing of all EB 1.32 issues. The new EB 1.33 will arrive with its own separate .exe installer and it wil have its own launcher. The version will work exclusively on Alexander.exe in order to take advantage of the larger unit slots that the engine offers, as well as, the better AI. Here we will offer a sneak preview of our work, which greatly surpasses every version that we have released since the old team released 1.2. The Roman faction lovers should know that we have added a Roman Augustan legionary with segmentata, because an archaeological research undertaken by me, has proven that lorica segmentata was worn by legionaries already in the last three decades of the 1st century B.C.

The work on the units and the engines is mainly (and frequently, almost exclusively) the fruitful result of the tireless work and enthusiasm of Teobec, while B0gia coordinated the entire project. The current preview contains a small part of the work.

Roman and Italian Units

Augustan Praetorian

Augustan Marine

Post-Marian Evocatus

Etruscan Hoplite

Hellenistic Units

Seleucid Epilektoi Thorakitai

Cretan Peltast

New Seleucid Chariot

Arabian Camel-Archer (they were present at Magnesia in 189 B.C.)

Some Balkan Units

Dacian Komatai Skirmisher

Illyrian Dalmato-Pannonian Cavalry

Thracian Slingers

Indian Units

Mauriya Chariots

Indian Light Cavalry AoR

Indian Tribal Levies

Eastern and African Units

Iranian Medium Spearmen

Ethiopian Warriors

Siege Engines and Crews

Seleucid Ram

Eastern Ram

Macedonian Ram

Celtic Ram covered with shields

Ptolemaic Siege Crew

Carthaginian Siege Crew

Since Teobec did 99% of the work, I urge all the EB lovers to give him reps. He did in a few months a many years job!

We need your comments and your support!!!

EB 1.33 Alex is coming soon...
    Last edited by Leon Katakalon; September 29, 2019 at 02:09 PM.

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum 1.33 Sneak Preview

Amazing!
    Great work guys!
    This community never ceases to amaze me.

Can't wait for the update of the best mod ever! Thanks!

Impressive work guys! Please show us a bit more

The Carthaginian siege crew would be awesome too for EBII.

By the way, could you also show the barbarian settlement on the strategic map? And why is the punic ram that way? Not a critic but really asking out of curiosity
    Last edited by Lusitanio; July 18, 2019 at 08:39 PM.

Teobec's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Impressive work guys! Please show us a bit more

The Carthaginian siege crew would be awesome too for EBII.

By the way, could you also show the barbarian settlement on the strategic map? And why is the punic ram that way? Not a critic but really asking out of curiosity
    New photos will come soon!!!
    But you are right!!Leon made a little mistake in his description!The "Carthaginian ram" is actually the "Eastern Ram"!The carthaginian culture has a different one!

Teobec made it as much as close possibly to the surviving evidence of eastern Neo-Assyrian rams.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Katakalon View Post
    Teobec made it as much as close possibly to the surviving evidence of eastern Neo-Assyrian rams.
    The designs are very well done! Congrats to Teobec and +1 rep from me!

I would love to see them also in EBII but I think that due to the M2TW allowing the rams to enter the city to attack other walls, it wouldn't be possible to pass the gate. I hope I'm wrong on this one.

And the Macedonian ram is really massive, like

Salutations friends, and thank you for your work.
    As someone who never played any of the new EB versions past the "old" 1.2, I'm curious to know if you have implemented units from the old submod project "Novus Ordo Mundi" into 1.3x. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by _TotalWar_ View Post
    Salutations friends, and thank you for your work.
    As someone who never played any of the new EB versions past the "old" 1.2, I'm curious to know if you have implemented units from the old submod project "Novus Ordo Mundi" into 1.3x. Cheers!
    No!We didn't transfer any unit from EB NOM!The units are brand new, created from scratch!

Quote Originally Posted by Teobec View Post
    No!We didn't transfer any unit from EB NOM!The units are brand new, created from scratch!
    Hey mate, what's all those exclamation marks about? Did I offend anyone? Hum? Good for you that the units are brand new, congrats for that.
    I was only curious concerning NOM because I know, if memory doesn't fail me, that their units were released years ago, if not all, at least some of them, and I liked them from their old previews.
    So, since you are expanding EB, I just wanted to know if you had considered them from a player's point of view, I wasn't implying nothing.
    Really, don't understood all those exclamation marks, but ok. To each his own, I suppose.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Quote Originally Posted by _TotalWar_ View Post
    Hey mate, what's all those exclamation marks about? Did I offend anyone? Hum? Good for you that the units are brand new, congrats for that.
    I was only curious concerning NOM because I know, if memory doesn't fail me, that their units were released years ago, if not all, at least some of them, and I liked them from their old previews.
    So, since you are expanding EB, I just wanted to know if you had considered them from a player's point of view, I wasn't implying nothing.
    Really, don't understood all those exclamation marks, but ok. To each his own, I suppose.
    The explanation marks are just enthusiasm from Teobec, not to offend anyone. About the Ebnom units they don't reallly fit into EB timeframe. They are cool but not for our Era.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Absolutely great!!

ROME TOTAL REALISM ANABASIS FORUM: HERE

Wow, that looks great.

Will you also change the look of the siege towers?

Nothing is going to change about the catapults or am I wrong?

I think it would be great if something like that could be done at DeI in Rome 2.....

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice1987 View Post
    Wow, that looks great.

Will you also change the look of the siege towers?

Nothing is going to change about the catapults or am I wrong?

I think it would be great if something like that could be done at DeI in Rome 2.....
    We have changed almost all the artillery engines. Concerning the siege towers, they will change in the future.

The exclamations marks in Greek language are signs of hapiness and enthusiasm

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    The explanation marks are just enthusiasm from Teobec, not to offend anyone. About the Ebnom units they don't reallly fit into EB timeframe. They are cool but not for our Era.
    The exclamations marks in Greek language are signs of hapiness and enthusiasm
    Ah, ok then My knowledge of Greek is very rudimentary. About the NOM units, yeah, I understand they don't fit in the era, I was only imagining an eventual integration of some of them as the campaign progressed - you know, via the reforms' scripts. Cheers, and a nice Sunday to all.

About segmentata, I'm sure it was used prior to 14 ad (that's when EB ends right?) but it wasn't very wide spread was it? I would think there would have been some special circumstance or reason for its early use.

Quote Originally Posted by JowyJowyWoop View Post
    About segmentata, I'm sure it was used prior to 14 ad (that's when EB ends right?) but it wasn't very wide spread was it? I would think there would have been some special circumstance or reason for its early use.
    Exactly.You said it...

Segmentata is archaeologically attested already from the reign of Augustus and it has been found as late as 1994, in the Kalkriese region, that is in the original place of the Varusschlacht, thus the pieces are dated exactly in the year 9 AD. Other similar segmentata pieces were found in other places in former Germania and they are dated securely in 9 B.C. Regarding the earlier artisting appearence of segmentata, it dates from the reliefs of the Arch of Augustus at the place called Susa, in Piedmont. The arch is dated in 14 B.C. and and the depiction of Roman soldiers wearing segmentata is the earliest attested depiction of this kind of armour.

Segmentata is archaeologically attested already from the reign of Augustus and it has been found as late as 1994, in the Kalkriese region, that is in the original place of the Varusschlacht, thus the pieces are dated exactly in the year 9 AD. Other similar segmentata pieces were found in other places in former Germania and they are dated securely in 9 B.C. Regarding the earlier artisting appearence of segmentata, it dates from the reliefs of the Arch of Augustus at the place called Susa, in Piedmont. The arch is dated in 14 B.C. and and the depiction of Roman soldiers wearing segmentata is the earliest attested depiction of this kind of armour.
    Oh I was asking if you knew why it was used, and how far spread its use was. I was thinking it was probably only used by early praetorians due to the expense of producing it but obviously that is just speculation on my part. What I have no hints about, though, is why it was invented in the first place. Typically military innovations are brought about by necessity though that is not always the case. So I was wondering what (if anything) caused this invention.

Tl;dr: Was its use widespread and why was it invented?

I'm only curious, I don't mind segmentata being in EB (though aesthetically I prefer the lorica hamata that Caesar's Legions would have worn).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast