Thread: RigidModel Editor v0.2.1.BETA

Civis
    Artifex

Default RigidModel Editor v0.2.1.BETA

RigidModel Editor v0.2.1.BETA

>>> [ Download RigidModel Editor v0.2.1.BETA ] <<<

The tool has a built-in renderer for Atilla custom/vanilla models that can draw your models as if it was IN the game, thus you can see the texture changes you make at once.

( am sorry for posting this in all TW games mods/tool sub thread, but there is no "for all TW games" thread.)
    This a preview of my new tool RigidModel Editor, it can change textures in .rigid_model_v2 files, it can export them to Collada (.DAE format) for editing in 3d studio/maya/blender and so on. It can export Three Kingdoms .rigid_model_v2 also to .DAE (no other tools can do that as of yet). There is right now no support for bones and animations, but I am working hard to include that soon.

It can render the model you have loaded, either as phong shaded grayscale, or with full textures, lighting and normal mapping, if you place all the relevant textures in the same folder as the .rigid_model_v2 file you want to render.

Three Kingdoms model are for now shaded in gray-scale Phong, as Three Kingdoms uses a completely different shader compared to all other Total War games, but the finished version will have full rendering for Three Kingdoms models.

I know the program looks a bit rough right now, ignore that

I would like to hear feedback, if the program crashes, if you find error / bugs, if you like/don't like the program.
    This is how it looks (with the rendering window open)

Last edited by phazer; July 17, 2019 at 03:06 AM.

Default Re: RigidModel Editor v0.2.1.BETA

I beg you, add the ability to support bones and animation.
    And I beg you, add another opportunity to export models and animation from Empire / Napoleon: Total War

Civis
    Artifex

Hi, I am writing the code right now for the export of skeletons and animations for games from Rome2 and newer, this is only a beta

But I have no idea how the file format works for those two older games, it would take A LONG time to decode that/those format(s).

I have also updated the renderer to display much more precise images, as I found out in detail how CA (and others) encode their "orange-ish" normal maps (as opposed to the "blueish" normal maps)

If anyone wants to use it in their own shader code, here is how the normal vectors are decoded:
    From here: https://code.google.com/archive/p/nv...%27s_DXT_trick

Compare this with the older image:
    Last edited by phazer; July 21, 2019 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phazer View Post
    But I have no idea how the file format works for those two older games, it would take A LONG time to decode that/those format(s).
    Can help you decrypt files Empire / Napoleon: Total War these two converters?
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15724087

Civis
    Artifex

Thanks, this "python" source the will certainly help me add support for the older game files

Does this tool BOTH export the .rigid_model files and the .anim files?

In any case, I have to complete the support for Rome2 -> 3K skeletons+animation first.

Civis
    Artifex

I have actually found some more info in here about those formats, but I need game files to test on.

Could you /anyone send me a couple of these file types, in the Empire: Total War format:

*.RIGID_MESH
    *.RIGID_MODEL

?
    Thanks

I threw you a 3D model, animation to them and all the tools that I have.
    Models ETW NTW.7z

P.S. I really hope for you.

Civis
    Artifex

Ok, thanks Can I have a file or two, that just have the ending ".rigid_model" , like for example "man.rigid_model"?

Quote Originally Posted by phazer View Post
    Ok, thanks Can I have a file or two, that just have the ending ".rigid_model" , like for example "man.rigid_model"?
    enginemodels NTW.7z

P.S. If you want, I can still drop the files from "Total War: Shogun 2"?
    Last edited by Deerslayer; August 03, 2019 at 04:13 PM.

Hi. I just tried the editor and when I exported some of the Warhammer Total War 2's models into dae, Noesis crashes on attempting to open about 1/3 of the converted files. Am I doing something wrong? Is there another way of doing this?

Civis
    Artifex

Hi.
    Thanks for trying the tool. But it IS a beta. A preview.
    It is version 0.2.1.BETA meaning it is far from finished. I am happy that at least it works 2/3 of the time
    If you can describe your problems then I will fix it in a newer version. I have been busy adding skeletons to the model, and that is almost finished enough to release soon. Thanks for your patience.:-):-)

I intend to make it a relatively prof looking/working program, this version is JUST a preview, so people can try it

PS: @EVERYONE: If you want to test the newest editions of the tool, then I can send you newer versions as soon as they get finished, and in return you can report any problems to me. If you would like the then PM me

And that includes any new features you would like, let hear what you want and I will see what I can do....

Greets
    phazer
    Last edited by phazer; August 04, 2019 at 05:55 PM.

Civis
    Artifex

Hello, I am sorry that there is a bug (it IS a BETA afterall) where the UVs are flipped, it has been fixed, and if you really need it, I can send you a developer version where the UV problem is fixed, but all the other features in that version, such as skeletons, animations, auto extraction of needed files, and auto find of compatible animations, they will not work yet. The exporting of static models WILL though, with the correct UVs.
    Sorry about this, The UVs were optimized for the LOCAL rendering in the program.
    That is why there are BETAs, I guess

The actual release version with the new features will come soon, although the features will come in steps, first skeletons, and then animations (Maybe the two together), and later the other stuff.

EDIT: this has nothing do with the 3K Assembly Kit import problem, and I am not in any way affiliated with CA, so I can't help with that, sorry
    Last edited by phazer; August 15, 2019 at 11:48 AM.

English (because the translator did an automatic translation of my message) "Boy, you are the creator of the ing masterpiece XD I am making a mod for RTW and M2, and thanks to you I will be able to import the shield model's of R2 into RTW"
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; August 06, 2020 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Clearing up.

Sir Althfons's Avatar Civis

Hello.
    Sorry to say, but I obtained wrong side positioning of embebed quiver and no textuing when trying with a Wh II model, the hawkriders torso.