Thread: RigidModel Editor v0.2.1.BETA - Test Version (.DAE support for 3K)

Civis
    Artifex

Default RigidModel Editor v0.2.1.BETA - Test Version (.DAE support for 3K)

RigidModel Editor v0.2.1.BETA

Download here:
    >>>>
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4466 <<<<

(The tool can render vanilla and custom Thrones models)
    This the first preview of my new tool RigidModel Editor, it can change info and textures/folders in .rigid_model_v2 files, it can export them to Collada (.DAE format) for editing in 3d studio/maya/blender and so on. It can also export "Three Kingdoms" .rigid_model_v2 to .DAE (no other tools can do that at the moments). There is right now no support for bones and animations, but I am working hard to include that soon. In the next release I hope.

It can render the model you have loaded, either as phong shaded grayscale, or with full textures, lighting and normal mapping, IF you place all the relevant textures in the same folder as the .rigid_model_v2 file you want to render. You can then change the textures and immediately see the result.

Three Kingdoms models are for now gray-scale Phong shaded as Three Kingdoms uses a completely different shader compared to all other Total War games, but the finished version will have full rendering for Three Kingdoms models.

I know the program looks a bit/very rough right now, ignore that
    Also it is possible, that that there are bugs in it, as it IS a beta.

I would like to hear feedback, if the program crashes, if you find error / bugs, if you like/don't like the program.
    This is how it looks (with the rendering window open)

Civis
    Artifex

Default Re: RigidModel Editor v0.2.1.BETA - Test Version (.DAE support for 3K)

Hi.
    Thanks for trying the tool. But it IS a beta. A preview.
    It is version 0.2.1.BETA meaning it is far from finished. I am happy that at least it works 2/3 of the time
    If you can describe your problems then I will fix it in a newer version. I have been busy adding skeletons to the model, and that is almost finished enough to release soon. Thanks for your patience.:-):-)

I intend to make it a relatively prof looking/working program, this version is JUST a preview, so people can try it

PS: @EVERYONE: If you want to test the newest editions of the tool, then I can send you newer versions as soon as they get finished, and in return you can report any problems to me. If you would like the then PM me

And that includes any new features you would like, let hear what you want and I will see what I can do....

Greets
    phazer