Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RMEditor [NEW: FBX->RMV2 Conversion, v0.94 b309]]

Civis
    Artifex

Default RMEditor [NEW: FBX->RMV2 Conversion, v0.94 b309]]

RMEditor v0.9.5a ALPHA DEV Version
    NEWEST VERSION: Download Newest alpha DEV Version here
    Version with FBX->RMV2 conversion (for Rome2/Attilla/Thrones, WH/WH2, 3K, Troy):
    https://github.com/mr-phazer/RME_Rel...age_B309_2.rar

Older version:
    https://github.com/mr-phazer/RME_Rel...08-unstable.7z

Real Tim
    e PBR Rendering from the new version:

Original Size (4K): https://i.imgur.com/INsra37.png

Custom Animation Demo Mod Made by Marthenil using this tool
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lATE6jd2wR4
    Marthenil made this demo mod (and his WH2 Rifle Reload Mod) using RMEditor's FBX Animation -> TW ANIM function,
    He exported a skeleton + model with the tool, added / edited animation with AutoDesk Motion Builder / 3ds Max, and used the tool to convert the animation back into Total War ANIM format, put the .anim file into a mod .pack, and did some very creative table editing.

Major UPDATE: PBR Rendering

I have updated the rendering code, so it uses Physically Based Rendering (PBR), it is a very realistic lighting model, and is what the newer Total War games use. It also works for older TW games back to Rome2.

Major UPDATE: .VariantMeshDefinition file viewing (editing on its way too)
    There is no VariantEditor for WH/WH2, so I have started making one, here there previewing part is shown, it loads everything from a virtual file system (model, textures, references to VMD, wsmodels, xml.materials, etc)

The Complete, Finished Animation Player, works for Rome->Troy:
    Here it is playing a WH2 animation "Cold One 02" "Walking" and rendering each frame to look the most like the actual game.
    (DISCLAIMER: Neither renderer or animation player contains/uses anyCAcode, it is written from scratch in C++ and HLSL using Direct3d 11.0)

Built-in Animation Player:
    Hi, This is video is a demo of the new animation player, useful for many things, and could in time become a VMD editor.

Hi, Importation of custom animation for TW is now posisible/much easier, via a new .fbx to .anim converter in RMEditor, FBX->ANIM:
    Best video, Attila Variant Editor

Demo video, the "skipping back" is explained in the youtube text, it is NOT a bug or error

The next version of RMEditor will have "partial" bone table export
    meaning it exports a bone table that might work without editing,
    But it probably needs a bit of manual editing.
    If it is a feature people want I can make it more precise/finished.

Here is an example of an (experimental) bone table made from "humanoid01" from WH2 (the was not space to display all bones, but they are there):
    (Cropped screenshot)

2 new rendering videos
    These two videos demos the new PBR rendering for WH2, the reason so much is put into rendering is that the same code will be used in unit editor.

Shiny WH2 Steel Armor (rotating)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iagp_MhRbck

Full WH2 Captain Body
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKb2ejxMkhQ

New Video

Here is a demo of the new Warhammer II Direct3d 11 shader (The program's renderbox, not 3ds),
    it will be included in the next update.

It is an almost complete rewrite of the pixel shading code for WH2 models. (Models+textures: Total War: Warhammer II). Notice the moving light source. This can now be done with the mouse.
    https://youtu.be/IEwR0uQZqN

If you have questions, want to test .ANIM files, make a demo, contact me at #phazer-tools on CnC on Discord:
    https://discord.gg/s6NTHQ8

You can download the tool here (Windows 8.1->Windows 10): (instructions on download page)
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4500

And here for Windows 7: (instructions on download page)
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4501

Any questions, comments, requests, suggestions, write to me on Discord: Discord: phazer#5430

New Version Coming soon, these are the features I will try and get finished, but not all will make it this time
    - Loading of models directly from the games' data files OR from mods, with an interface similar to the animation finder
    - Exporting of .OBJ static models, can be opened in all 3d programs.
    - Animation in small windows (wire frames) in the animation finder, so you can see what you are exporting.
    - Updated rendering for WH/WH2
    - Editing of mask and alpha values for each group. and improved text editing.
    - Animation in the main "render box" (one will be able to export animation to the render box from the animation finder)
    - Updated user interface.
    - ALSO Anything that users would like to have (write to my in Discord:
    phazer#5430)

Screenshots from the new WH2 renderer. RMEeditor "render box", unreleased version:
    RMeditor "Render Box", unreleased version

Original size: https://i.imgur.com/aQPaFby.jpg(Textures and Models are from Total War: Warhammer 2)

Original size https://i.imgur.com/rV6DPj6.jpg (Textures and Models are from Total War: Warhammer 2)

RMeditor "Render Box", unreleased version
    Original Size: https://i.imgur.com/7Wi8f5f.jpg [ (Textures and Models are from Total War: Warhammer 2)

New video (Rendered with 3ds Max from extracted WH2 model+animation data):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzrq2dP6lfk

A few days ago, I decoded the ANIM version 7 storage format, which is used in WH2.
    Soon I will release the tool, RMeditor as it now should support all TW games from Rome2 and forward. Both with auto search and model+animation extraction.

phazer

This link bellow is to the old version. Do you want the new beta 0.5.1a? It is only 60% finished, but it can extract animation from
    Rome2, Attila, and Thrones, and static model from all games from Rome2 onward. And animation support for the other games will come soon. If you want the new version, write me PM and I will sent it to you.

Download here:
    >>>>
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4466 <<<<

(This tool has 3K -> .DAE support)
    This the first preview of my new tool RigidModel Editor, it can change info and textures/folders in .rigid_model_v2 files, it can export them to Collada (.DAE format) for editing in 3d studio/maya/blender and so on. It can also export "Three Kingdoms" .rigid_model_v2 to .DAE (no other tools can do that at the moments). There is right now no support for bones and animations, but I am working hard to include that soon. In the next release I hope.

It can render the model you have loaded, either as phong shaded grayscale, or with full textures, lighting and normal mapping, IF you place all the relevant textures in the same folder as the .rigid_model_v2 file you want to render. You can then change the textures and immediately see the result.

Three Kingdoms models are for now gray-scale Phong shaded as Three Kingdoms uses a completely different shader compared to all other Total War games, but the finished version will have full rendering for Three Kingdoms models.

I know the program looks a bit/very rough right now, ignore that
    Also it is possible, that that there are bugs in it, as it IS a beta.

I would like to hear feedback, if the program crashes, if you find error / bugs, if you like/don't like the program.
    This is how it looks (with the rendering window open)

The program is now becoming 2 programs, the converter and then a unit/variant editor

This animated skeleton will be the basis of the unit editor. You dress up the skeleton with skin, armor,
    weapons and so on, and then you can play animations with your unit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t
    KhKJS5Lidk
    Last edited by phazer; April 15, 2021 at 07:16 PM. Reason: new version for DL + new videos

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: RigidModel Editor v0.2.1.BETA - FIRST Release (3K -> .DAE support)

I am quite sure this tool will be beneficial for the 3K modders.

+rep
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Civis
    Artifex

Hi.
    Thanks for trying the tool. But it IS a beta. A preview.
    It is version 0.2.1.BETA meaning it is far from finished. I am happy that at least it works 2/3 of the time
    If you can describe your problems then I will fix it in a newer version. I have been busy adding skeletons to the model, and that is almost finished enough to release soon. Thanks for your patience.:-):-)

I intend to make it a relatively prof looking/working program, this version is JUST a preview, so people can try it

PS: @EVERYONE: If you want to test the newest editions of the tool, then I can send you newer versions as soon as they get finished, and in return you can report any problems to me. If you would like the then PM me

And that includes any new features you would like, let hear what you want and I will see what I can do....

Greets
    phazer

Civis
    Artifex

Thanks, it is important that you, the users, understand that it is not a finished program yes, it is prevíew, so you can see the potential.
    I have actually finished skeleton extract from version 6 files (Rome-Atilla-Thrones), so it wont be long before that is included in a newer version.

You actually need 4 different files to extract an animation:
    - The RMV2 file that contains the model and info on various stuff
    - The skeleton for the model (an *ANIM file)
    - A math file with inverse matrices for all the joints in the skeleton
    - And then the actual animation file, (also an *.ANIM, just without the skeleton and animation info instead).

Hey phazer,
    CA didnt include the MAN_BONE_ANIM file needed to import new models from Cs2 to RMV2 thru bob,

It sounds like you might understand how to, or already have made this file?

If you know anything, or can help make this, please let me know, id really appreciate it!

My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TW Arena Campaign Generals (R2)
    Achilles (2018) mod

Civis
    Artifex

I can't help with that file, it is not what my program was made for at all.
    Last edited by phazer; August 15, 2019 at 12:32 PM.

yes i need that file, but for 3k. The devs didnt include it in assembly kit

My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Achilles (2018) mod

Again not included! what the idiot create this kit?!!

Phazer , bro i need that file too.pls send us that file...

Civis
    Artifex

Hello, I am sorry that there is a bug (it IS a BETA afterall) where the UVs are flipped, it has been fixed, and if you really need it, I can send you a developer version where the UV problem is fixed, but all the other features in that version, such as skeletons, animations, auto extraction of needed files, and auto find of compatible animations, they will not work yet. The exporting of static models WILL though, with the correct UVs.
    Sorry about this, The UVs were optimized for the LOCAL rendering in the program.
    That is why there are BETAs, I guess

The actual release version with the new features will come soon, although the features will come in steps, first skeletons, and then animations (Maybe the two together), and later the other stuff.

EDIT: this has nothing do with the 3K Assembly Kit import problem, and I am not in any way affiliated with CA, so I can't help with that, sorry
    Last edited by phazer; August 15, 2019 at 11:56 AM.

@phazer
    All we need is the BONE_MAN_ANIM.txt file.

Please upload it or send link in Private message

My Mods
    Achilles (2018) mod

Civis
    Artifex

@phazer
    All we need is the BONE_MAN_ANIM.txt file.

Please upload it or send link in Private message
    I am not affiliated with CA in any way, so I cannot solve that problem easily, if at all,

I don't know where I would get the data from. The closest thing I can think of is to look at the equivalent file(s) from the LATEST TW game(s) before 3K, and use what one knew about the internals of the ANIM format v6, but long before any non-CA coder would have something, CA will have fixed this BUG. It could take any non-CA coder many months, and I, as I said, personally will probably NOT even be able to do it at all.

You should contact the official CA representatives around the fora and chats.

I am sorry. I just make modding tools.

phazer
    Last edited by phazer; August 15, 2019 at 12:30 PM.

Oh, sorry? It sounded like you already had this file and were using it in your program.
    Quote Originally Posted by phazer View Post
    Thanks, it is important that you, the users, understand that it is not a finished program yes, it is prevíew, so you can see the potential.
    I have actually finished skeleton extract from version 6 files (Rome-Atilla-Thrones), so it wont be long before that is included in a newer version.

You actually need 4 different files to extract an animation:
    - The RMV2 file that contains the model and info on various stuff
    - The skeleton for the model (an *ANIM file)
    - A math file with inverse matrices for all the joints in the skeleton
    - And then the actual animation file, (also an *.ANIM, just without the skeleton and animation info instead).

And I have already contacted them, they are aware for weeks now. Still no update ...
    Last edited by Havie; August 16, 2019 at 08:03 AM.

My Mods
    Achilles (2018) mod

Civis
    Artifex

[deleted]
    Last edited by phazer; August 16, 2019 at 10:06 AM.

It's basically a text file that outlines the hierarchy of the skeleton used to rig in models.

This heirarchy can be seen in the 3k assembly kit example file

there are a few unknowns with the file format though

and here is the text for the R2 version :

// "rome_man_game" bones definition

// please remember to update version number!
    version=1
    reference_skeleton=true
    cinematic=false

// <bone_name>, <bone_type>, <sort_order> <optional flags>
    bn_jaw, BT_FACE, 1
    bn_left_up_eyelid, BT_FACE, 1
    bn_lefteye, BT_FACE, 1
    bn_right_up_eyelid, BT_FACE, 1
    bn_righteye, BT_FACE, 1
    bn_weapon_01, BT_FLOATING, 1
    bn_weapon_02, BT_FLOATING, 1
    bn_weapon_03, BT_FLOATING, 1
    bn_weapon_04, BT_FLOATING, 1
    bn_weapon_05, BT_FLOATING, 1
    bn_eyebrows, BT_FACE, 1
    bn_head, BT_CORE, 1
    bn_hips, BT_ROOT, 0
    bn_leftarm, BT_CORE, 1
    bn_leftarmroll, BT_CORE, 1
    bn_leftfoot, BT_CORE, 1
    bn_leftforearm, BT_CORE, 1
    bn_leftforearmroll, BT_CORE, 1
    bn_lefthand, BT_CORE, 1
    bn_lefthandindex1, BT_LEFT_HAND, 1
    bn_lefthandindex2, BT_LEFT_HAND, 1
    bn_lefthandring1, BT_LEFT_HAND, 1
    bn_lefthandring2, BT_LEFT_HAND, 1
    bn_lefthandthumb1, BT_LEFT_HAND, 1
    bn_lefthandthumb2, BT_LEFT_HAND, 1
    bn_leftleg, BT_CORE, 1
    bn_leftshoulder, BT_CORE, 1
    bn_lefttoebase, BT_CORE, 1
    bn_leftupleg, BT_CORE, 1
    bn_neck, BT_CORE, 1
    bn_neck1, BT_CORE, 1
    bn_rightarm, BT_CORE, 1
    bn_rightarmroll, BT_CORE, 1
    bn_rightfoot, BT_CORE, 1
    bn_rightforearm, BT_CORE, 1
    bn_rightforearmroll, BT_CORE, 1
    bn_righthand, BT_CORE, 1
    bn_righthandindex1, BT_RIGHT_HAND, 1
    bn_righthandindex2, BT_RIGHT_HAND, 1
    bn_righthandring1, BT_RIGHT_HAND, 1
    bn_righthandring2, BT_RIGHT_HAND, 1
    bn_righthandthumb1, BT_RIGHT_HAND, 1
    bn_righthandthumb2, BT_RIGHT_HAND, 1
    bn_rightleg, BT_CORE, 1
    bn_rightshoulder, BT_CORE, 1
    bn_righttoebase, BT_CORE, 1
    bn_rightupleg, BT_CORE, 1
    bn_spine, BT_CORE, 1
    bn_spine1, BT_CORE, 1
    bn_spine2, BT_CORE, 1

My Mods
    Achilles (2018) mod

Civis
    Artifex

I am sorry, I don't know anything about that file.

Hey Phazer,

Having an issue with the tool.

I think it is flipping or destroying some of the material information. Perhaps the UVs are somehow being distorted, because when I try to apply a texture to the model,
    it is off, and not looking right.

Do you know how to fix this? perhaps its something I can do in photoshop to flip the texture? or something i can do it 3ds max to fix the UVs?

You can see in the image below, the hair and eye brows are at the neck, the armor is also all flipped around:

My Mods
    Achilles (2018) mod

Ahh yes, indeed it appears you must "flip the image vertically" in PS or another image editing software tool.

Perhaps you could fix the tool to avoid this extra step, if its too much work, i understand. Thanks for ur work.

My Mods
    Achilles (2018) mod

Civis
    Artifex

That is the old version of the program, I have a new version where the UV bug is fixed, I can send it to you.

And to all other:, do you want a beta that exports animations from Rome2, Attila and Thrones? It has autosearch, and it finds the textures for you automatically. Do you want an unfinished program? Support for newer games (WH2/WH, 3K) will come very soon also. (it can export models from the newer games, WH->3K though not yet animations, but it will not take long to add animations support for those games too)

Here is some is a new video and some info.

The program is now becoming 2 programs, the converter and then a unit/variant editor

This animated skeleton will be the basis of the unit editor. You dress up the skeleton with skin, armor,
    weapons and so on, and then you can play animations with your unit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t
    KhKJS5Lidk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast