Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RMEditor [NEW: FBX->RMV2 Conversion, v0.94 b309]]

Civis
    Artifex

Default Re: RiMEditor0.5.1.a (Want beta release now?) (NEW VIDEO)

The tool will be released very soon, as I got the WH2 files to work today:

Last edited by phazer; December 12, 2019 at 08:16 PM.

Civis
    Artifex

Default Re: RiMEditor [New WH2 Video]

Hi

New video (Rendered with 3ds Max from extracted WH2 model+animation data):

A few days ago, I decoded the ANIM version 7 storage format, which is used in WH2.
    Soon I will release the tool, RMeditor as it now should support all TW games from Rome2 and forward. Both with auto search and model+animation extraction.

phazer
    Last edited by Leonardo; December 16, 2019 at 06:23 AM. Reason: YouTube tag added and text formats removed.

Civis
    Artifex

Default Re: RiMEditor [BETA RELEASED!]

RMEditor v0.5.8.a BETA

Hi

Here is the beta version preview: (instructions on the download page)
    New video (Rendered with 3ds Max from extracted WH2 model+animation data):

Last edited by phazer; December 21, 2019 at 07:02 PM. Reason: YouTube tag added and text formats removed.

Default Re: RMEditor [BETA RELEASED!]

Man, i wish you made it compatible with Shogun 2 TW and Fall of the Samurai. Could you ever made that possible? I think it's way easier to decode than newer games.

Civis
    Artifex

Hi
    Yes, it is my intention to make the program support the older games. I have gathered the info needed to add some of them. But it will have to be a bit later. I have to finish up things in the current program before I expand its support.

For example:
    - Make re-importation work (easier?)
    - Add .fbx file support

And the current version's "render box" is not very good. Below you can see how it will look in the next update. I am also working on live animations in the "animation auto finder" (wire frames in small windows), so one does not have to rely on short names (+frame count etc.) only when exporting, and animations in the big "render box" itself.

(Screenshot from RMeditor's "render box" in next update. Model+Textures: Total War: Warhammer 2 - Zombie Dragon 01.
    Original size: https://i.imgur.com/2QLj7Rl.jpg )
    Last edited by phazer; December 22, 2019 at 03:33 PM.

That will be nice. Especially for ships and battle map buildings, this tool will be useful.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Could one, ie, include new animations like a reloading animation for human handgunners in total warhammer with this tool?
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Civis
    Artifex

Well, things/mods like that is the idea, BUT this tool extracts models+animations, putting models+animations (back) INTO the game is the job of CA's assembly kits. I will see what I can do to make re-importation easier, but that job is done with the assembly kits.

phazer

On Win 7 version I can't setup game folder, everytime when I try and and select data folder I have error "Please choose the \data\ folder!"
    Wolf girl who likes to draw anime girls ❤️ DeviantArt, Twitter
    Also mad creator of

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,

One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them,
    TWCenter Forum, MODDB, Patreon

Civis
    Artifex

Hi, yes I have heard about that odd problem on Windows 7
    Here is an error checking version of the program,
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1T0...DLx0l9pJ-NMPU-

You run the program and the try and select the data folders like normal
    The program will then display info like this: I need to know what that box says on Windows 7, so I can fix it. I would prefer a screenshot of the whole program

I tried and box showing symbols or nothing: https://imgur.com/a/38go80W
    Also mad creator of

Civis
    Artifex

Ok, thanks, it looks like the folder dialog does not a get folder name, but just nonsense. I will take a look at it. 10 min.
    Also you have to to inside the the \data\ folder when you click "select", but I don't think that will help here. I will look at it.

Civis
    Artifex

Hi again
    I have made a Windows 7 version version that uses an older dialog box , to select folders. I hope it works, but you need to check that you have selected the \data\, it does not check it for you(yet). I have made the window with the folder list wider, so you can see if the paths point to \data\, else use the "remove folder" button to remove a wrong path.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gy...4mNSzDO5Wi06sm

Be careful to choose the \DATA\ folder, and please let me know if it works, because then I can release this version

phazer
    Last edited by phazer; December 23, 2019 at 07:14 PM.

Thanks ^^, now this option works good. Although I have problem with rendering window, but probably it is problem with my system:

Last edited by Leonardo; December 25, 2019 at 12:27 AM. Reason: BBCode for image tag added.
    Also mad creator of

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

@Sara: When you want to post an image like you did then you need to use the IMG tag and that's like this. Here is all available BBCode listed and here can you ask about BBCode.

[IMG]https://scontent-waw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/81227197_798510423944466_9154499006448009216_n.png?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ohc=BfGuO_V-4ocAQkQlJJLIj88KDJtZ_FS18W0jSaM5_ct8PvLXnDbLbyHug&_nc_ht=scontent-waw1-1.xx&oh=147c3d5a246c68af27452b2904988258&oe=5E7320DA[/IMG]
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Civis
    Artifex

Default Re: RMEditor [UPDATE SOON, NEW PICS]

and all windows 7 users

It is not your system, it is because I write render code that only works on Win 8.1 and Win10. And that is not necessary at all. I should be able to to render on window 7, I use directX 11, I just need to pick a version that exists on windows 7.

If someone runs windows 7 and is up for a little testing, then this problem could be fixed very quickly.

phazer

Civis
    Artifex

>>>A
    nd all windows 7 users

That error window is shown if the system does not support the Direct3d operation the code is performing. But it is really my fault, I have picked a version of Direct 3d 11 that does not work with Windows 7.

Ideally I could just choose another, earlier version, and then rendering should work on Win7, too.

If someone runs windows 7 and is up for a little testing, then this problem could be fixed very quickly.

phazer

I've extracted the Steamtank's model and animation and the attachment point "ap_turretposition_01" doesn't show up.

Are attachment points not extracted by this program?

Civis
    Artifex

Yes, they should appear along with the skeleton, have you tried other models? And you get no attachments points at all?

Quote Originally Posted by phazer View Post
    Yes, they should appear along with the skeleton, have you tried other models? And you get no attachments points at all?
    Here's what I get, loaded in Blender: https://i.imgur.com/poJTqxu.png
    The green circle is where I would expect to see the turret's attachment point, but nothing is there.

I also tried the Tomb King's chariot and it appears to be the same story - there's nothing where the riders' would be attached: https://i.imgur.com/SgkIGhp.png

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast