Thread: Are the desert factions only playable after I buy the culture pack issued in 2018?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Are the desert factions only playable after I buy the culture pack issued in 2018?

Hi I'm back to play some DeI after some years, but I found the desert factions are no longer available and a desert kingdom culture pack appears on Steam...

So I guess CA made every overhaul mod to lock the desert factions until the players buy the culture pack?

This is UGLY... 2018 is 5 years after the first release and CA is making us pay for things we already have for years... Man!

Default Re: Are the desert factions only playable after I buy the culture pack issued in 2018?

It is quite ugly yes, but sadly you are completely right with your guess, you need to buy the culture pack to play as the desert factions.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Are the desert factions only playable after I buy the culture pack issued in 2018?

Yes. Even if some faction were originally DeI 'originals', if they are considered by CA as DLC now, they are locked behind a paywall.

For any further questions, please refer to the questions and feedback sticky thread at the forum's top. No need for an entirely new thread. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Man*Wilson View Post
    Yes. Even if some faction were originally DeI 'originals', if they are considered by CA as DLC now, they are locked behind a paywall.

For any further questions, please refer to the questions and feedback sticky thread at the forum's top. No need for an entirely new thread. Thanks!
    Thanks!

Next time I will post my question in those threads.

Centenarius

FYI, use the official All Factions Playable submod and you can play other factions in the area that have similar units and feel.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Fluke View Post
    FYI, use the official All Factions Playable submod and you can play other factions in the area that have similar units and feel.
    Or Data Venia.

Thanks!

I already purchased the culture pack, but I just feel bad about how CA did it.

Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by projectcorner View Post
    Thanks!

Yeah, we do too.........

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by projectcorner View Post
    Thanks!

Yeah, we do too.........
    Yeah

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

All good, brotha