Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: EoR Developer's Forum has been removed due to inactivity - write here if you'd like any models.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default EoR Developer's Forum has been removed due to inactivity - write here if you'd like any models.

Hello guys, i were a developer of this mod until TWC decided to remove the "Developer's Forum" due to inactivity since 2017.

I think it's a shame, because the Developer's Forum had the links to the server with codes - enabling people to download the "latest build" of the mod. Now, i have a more recent version than that version due to working on the mod in 2017. But by the forum being removed, and henche the links lost - it is no longer possible to access the mod iself as it were back then.

I am of course writing about the Main campaign, the Beta 0.9 of the mod - that only lacks certain rosters and needs bug fixing to be playable. The rosters were the biggest issue, if they were to be fixed then the mod had a campaign with features all ready - but due to some bugs it would crash pretty soon after starting a campaign. It would need some bug removal as well.

In any case, the forum is gone and the links to the server are lost - no access to the Main Campaign beta or the EoA map.

Fortunately i have those files backed up. - But if i do loose them then they will be lost for real.

As such, i want to state that if you need anything from the mod then write here. Now i won't hand out things i possibly want to use in the mod.. But the mod has a lot of Invasio Barbarorum models that have been edited and customised. If anyone would want such models just write to me - permission has been given last year by one of the mod-creators. But i am the only guy sitting on the actual models.

So write here, or write to me - The Great Conflicts are using two or three Sassanid units in their mod (most likely customised by now) that they wanted to use for the Middle Eastern factions. So it's possible - as long as they are customised.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 15, 2019 at 05:01 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Libertus

Default Re: EoR Developer's Forum has been removed due to inactivity - write here if you'd like any models.

Hi, Mr_Nygren! Thank you for the correction The Danube Limes 0.9 Beta . Are you planning to release a Main Campaign beta or the EoA ? I was really waiting for this mod.

Default Re: EoR Developer's Forum has been removed due to inactivity - write here if you'd like any models.

Mr. Nygren, as usual you are the last hope to bring a dead mod to life. Please do what you can with EoR!

Not Danube Limes.. The Main Campaign is 0.9.

EoA is just a map.

I'm writing about the Justinian Main Campaign.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by HolyBob View Post
    Mr. Nygren, as usual you are the last hope to bring a dead mod to life. Please do what you can with EoR!
    Yeah, i'm tempted to fix the Main Campaign.

- The Havamal

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

You are a necromancer of mods, and it's wonderful.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

do you check the maincampaign with bovi´s tool already?
    it spotted many issiues in TGC (together with many other tools)

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    do you check the maincampaign with bovi´s tool already?
    it spotted many issiues in TGC (together with many other tools)
    bovi's tool?

- The Havamal

Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    bovi's tool?
    The Bovine M2tw Checker, a tool created by a member of the Europa Bararorum Team, can find errors in various files. It is very useful
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafthero View Post
    The Bovine M2tw Checker, a tool created by a member of the Europa Bararorum Team, can find errors in various files. It is very useful
    Thanks, i did just download it. It's helpful, but when using it on GoT Enhanced the txt-files became very long. Will take time to properly clean up a mod with these. But yes, it could be helpful.

Fortunately in EoR Main Campaign i believe the bugs are easily solved when every faction has proper rosters.

- The Havamal

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Hey mate I understand that EoR had a byzantine style (red and white brick) wall texture for the battle map. Would you be willing to share that material? We would love to use that in Tsardoms if possible

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Hey mate I understand that EoR had a byzantine style (red and white brick) wall texture for the battle map. Would you be willing to share that material? We would love to use that in Tsardoms if possible
    Yes, it's actually a reskin of the DBM custom settlements for Rome. I could send them to you yes.

As for EoR i've spent two hours now fixing issues- the religious levels in the descr_regions-file were above 100 in many settlements, causing the mod to crash when holding the mouse over those same settlements on the strategic map -has been fixed. Also, i've moved the starting armies who started on water to land.

When trying to play it would CTD on the second turn. Nothing became better after removing the triggers for traits and/or ancillaries.

Currently trying to look up what could cause the mod to CTD at turn 2 or 3 every time. But it could be the rebels lacking a slave-entry possibly, or it could be any of the units lacking actual battle-models - but this shouldn't cause it to crash on the strategic map..

Anyway, the mod is so polished so it would be a shame if i can't solve the CTD. If it's solved we'd just need new models taken from DBM and such.

- The Havamal

"Nothing became better after removing the triggers for traits and/or ancillaries."

I was wrong, as i had edited the triggers/ancillaries of the custom campaign folder located in the EoR/data-folder.

When i deleted the triggers for the ancillaries and traits in the data-folder the CTD disappeared. I managed to let the AI play for over 201 turns without a crash. It crashed some turns after that. I'm now going to attempt to load the mod up and see if i can continue. Also, i will try to re-activate the ancillaries to find out if they work on their own, or if it's the Traits - maybe one of the files will work.

So without traits/ancillaries the mod works fine. With the triggers maybe one of the files will work? I'm not sure to be honest. The issue with the traits are that they are MANY- the EoR team has spent a lot of time adding all those traits. I'd want them and the ancillaries to work but i'm not sure how to find out which trigger is causing the CTD.

It might be one trigger or five that doesn't work - the rest should work.. But it took forever to scroll down fast.. Imagine how slow it would be to delete one at a time - or re-add one at a time.

But i'm happy i now know that the issue is the triggers- and that i now will be able to release the Main Campaign after adding new models replacing the old RTW ones for certain factions.

Edit: It worked to just restart the mod and load the saved game. The Ancillaries also worked fine. The reason for the CTD is the triggers for the traits. Now the problem is finding out what trigger/triggers in that huge file is causing the second/third turn CTD.

Second EDIT: Solved - i managed to find the one trait that caused the issue. Now i will just need to let the AI play for some turns to make sure that no other trait is causing similar issues.

With this issue solved the mod will just need new models imported, unit cards created for certain units and some factions added to the campaign. The campaign is pretty much already playable when autoresolving battles. But i want the real-time battles to be playable as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.10.15 - 17.39.24.95.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.10.15 - 17.40.26.88.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.10.15 - 17.40.37.16.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.10.15 - 20.44.23.74.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.10.15 - 18.53.05.34.jpg  

Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.10.15 - 20.46.27.82.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.10.15 - 20.49.03.81.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.10.15 - 20.51.39.44.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.10.15 - 21.15.11.83.jpg   Medieval II  Total War - Kingdoms Screenshot 2019.10.15 - 21.15.04.75.jpg  

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; October 15, 2019 at 02:55 PM.

- The Havamal

Libertus

Mr_Nygren, thank you very much for your work on the mod!

Julio85's Avatar Biarchus

Wooow!!! Congratulations for the results!!!

Thanks for keep working on this fantastic mod!!!

Is this mod playable still?

A mod that's auto-resolve only is still better than no mod at all, and might even spur people to join to work on the models.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

you should try this tool ATVTW - TraitAncillary Validator to check the triggers for edct and eda https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...lary-Validator

Quote Originally Posted by ZSV View Post
    Mr_Nygren, thank you very much for your work on the mod!
    Most of the work seen in the picture were already done/finished by the EoR team.

My work has been to make it stable, re-activate all the units from the BMMDB that were using faulty lines- i've made them point to the actual units. Most of these units are RTW-models like the ones in the mods Invasio Barbarorvm. However, all the factions in the Danube Limes beta have great rosters, and we also have the Sassanids and the Heraclean Romans with great rosters. I've restored a lot of these old units, but i weren't done entirely.

I do believe that there are only RTW-styled units left though -and i'd much prefer to replace them with better models as they are too outdated -keeping only the great looking models. Also a lot of the factions have units that do not have models in the files, when loading them in the campaign- resulting in a crash if trying to fight a battle using those units.

I did also move the Main campaign to the "Main campaign" area, and managed to implement the others as custom ones. This took a while i recall as it previously had the Danube Limes beta as the main campaign- and the others as custom ones.

And i did replace a few models of the Huns, and added all the unit cards to the Thematic era Romans.

Re-adding all those BMMDB lines took the most time. I'm still thinking of possibly going thrugh the rest of the file, but maybe it's a waste if i'm going to remove and replace those old units anyway. Originally i simply wanted to re-activate the rosters through that file and didn't mind them being outdated. Now i kind of want to replace all of them.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; October 17, 2019 at 07:03 PM.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    Is this mod playable still?
    On the map? Yes.

In battle? Nope- it will CTD whenever units without models are used by any faction. Battles work in custom battle for quite a few factions though. Most of these factions have RTW-models that i want to replace. The only EoR unique models that haven't been seen in the Danube Limes beta are the Sassanids and the Heraclean era Romans. Really large rosters for both of those factions.

In order to make the battles work i would need to re-do the starting armies in the descr_strat and remove any units without models, or i would need to add models to all the units in the EDU. I'm thinking of doing the later.

- The Havamal

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast