Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: EoR Developer's Forum has been removed due to inactivity - write here if you'd like any models.

Default Re: EoR Developer's Forum has been removed due to inactivity - write here if you'd like any models.

Pop in some BC units or anything else that's even remotely close to what you want. They can always be replaced later.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: EoR Developer's Forum has been removed due to inactivity - write here if you'd like any models.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Pop in some BC units or anything else that's even remotely close to what you want. They can always be replaced later.
    I did actually send the WIP to the creator of Broken Crescent after he said he wanted to help - but then I never heard from him again.

Since then I've gotten the campaign-map stable because it wasn't stable in the 2017 beta.

So I do know that he wanted to help but I'm not sure if I can just pick any unit from there. I had planed to use DBM-models for the Huns at least.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; March 30, 2021 at 09:44 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

How's progress on the mod coming?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Duluthian View Post
    How's progress on the mod coming?
    No progress since the last summer of 2020, and I haven't gotten the Roman units previewed back then - I do however have different Roman models that I could use.

But there are still a bunch of factions in need of units or new models.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Hello Mr_Nygren,

I am developing a personal mod based on the 8th-10th century focused (among other areas) on the Iranian Intermezzo.
    I am mostly finished with the campaign map and find the Iranian unit roster of East of Rome very nice and well supplementing for otherwise excellent mods like Brocen Crescent (great variation of turkish/steppe, arabian, Indian units).
    I would like to request units from the Sassanid roster, if you object to the total roster I would like to come back and tell you which ones I am especially interested in.

Thank you for your considerations.

Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    No progress since the last summer of 2020, and I haven't gotten the Roman units previewed back then - I do however have different Roman models that I could use.

But there are still a bunch of factions in need of units or new models.
    Which era are the new Roman models are for? Are you looking for people to help out with the mod?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Duluthian View Post
    Which era are the new Roman models are for? Are you looking for people to help out with the mod?
    The models made during the summer of 2020 were 6 remade Maurekian Roman units, 2 additional Heraclian Roman units and 3 remade Justinian Roman Units.

- All the rosters except the Justinian one have only great models.

- The Justinian Roster could however use the other models mentioned above.

There is no active development right now but I just moved over every unit made in 2020 to my WIP as the version he had implemented them into is outdated.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 14, 2022 at 07:30 PM.

- The Havamal

This thread was created because I were sitting on the mod.

I'm not willing to share with people that aren't modders out of fear that they would just send stuff to everybody.

That's why people I don't recognize have been ignored if they ask for models.

The models might be permitted to use by their creators, but as I'm the guy with the mod - I don't need to share - I only share assets with modders that I know who they are to prevent the risk of assets being handed out to everybody (this is until a release of course).

As of late I've been thinking that if I cannot fix the game-breaking crash in the campaign then I may actually cut the campaigns and release a custom battle version with all the rosters, actually the Danube Limes Campaign would still be included in a slightly better form than in its stand-alone release from 2014.

But the other two campaigns would be cut - unlike in the Danube Limes Minor campaign this mod would have way more factions and rosters.

The End of Antiquity Campaign is so unfinished that there would be almost no point including it unless someone would like to mod it.

The Justinian main campaign is a 0.9 beta so it all comes down to if that crash can be fixed or not.

If the mod is released all the models are free to use as stated by their creators.

If the mod isn't released I do refuse to send people stuff unless I know them. But even so I will not be willing to share with for example teams that demand me to work in order to use their stuff.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 15, 2022 at 10:21 PM.

- The Havamal

So the only issue with the beta Justinian campaign is the crash? I mean surely there's someone who could check it out :O. It would be a shame to not see a release because of it.

Keep up the good work though, whatever you manage to release i will enjoy playing it for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis88 View Post
    So the only issue with the beta Justinian campaign is the crash? I mean surely there's someone who could check it out :O. It would be a shame to not see a release because of it.

Keep up the good work though, whatever you manage to release i will enjoy playing it for sure
    The crash and missing battle-models - but the battle-models can easily be fixed by borrowing models from other mods.

I had fixed the crash and can't for the life of me understand why it isn't fixed right now.

I'm gonna search on this forum for the old solution because I did find an older build from 2017 and might be able to fix it again there - I do remember watching the AI conquer the map as the Franks.. So I just don't understand why it CTD now on turn 5 or so.

In the worst scenario I'll release a custom battle version of the mod with only the Danube Limes Campaign - it would still have way more factions and units than the old Danube Limes beta in custom battle, plus I've heard the Danube Limes campaign is slightly more worked on here. And it would have the new models made in 2020.

The main difference between the remade models and the old ones are that they're more realistic and based on real art.

- The Havamal

As for EoR i've spent two hours now fixing issues- the religious levels in the descr_regions-file were above 100 in many settlements, causing the mod to crash when holding the mouse over those same settlements on the strategic map -has been fixed. Also, i've moved the starting armies who started on water to land.

"Nothing became better after removing the triggers for traits and/or ancillaries."

I was wrong, as i had edited the triggers/ancillaries of the custom campaign folder located in the EoR/data-folder.

When i deleted the triggers for the ancillaries and traits in the data-folder the CTD disappeared. I managed to let the AI play for over 201 turns without a crash. It crashed some turns after that. I'm now going to attempt to load the mod up and see if i can continue. Also, i will try to re-activate the ancillaries to find out if they work on their own, or if it's the Traits - maybe one of the files will work.

So without traits/ancillaries the mod works fine. With the triggers maybe one of the files will work? I'm not sure to be honest. The issue with the traits are that they are MANY- the EoR team has spent a lot of time adding all those traits. I'd want them and the ancillaries to work but i'm not sure how to find out which trigger is causing the CTD.

It might be one trigger or five that doesn't work - the rest should work.. But it took forever to scroll down fast.. Imagine how slow it would be to delete one at a time - or re-add one at a time.

But i'm happy i now know that the issue is the triggers- and that i now will be able to release the Main Campaign after adding new models replacing the old RTW ones for certain factions.

Edit: It worked to just restart the mod and load the saved game. The Ancillaries also worked fine. The reason for the CTD is the triggers for the traits. Now the problem is finding out what trigger/triggers in that huge file is causing the second/third turn CTD.

Second EDIT: Solved - i managed to find the one trait that caused the issue. Now i will just need to let the AI play for some turns to make sure that no other trait is causing similar issues.

With this issue solved the mod will just need new models imported, unit cards created for certain units and some factions added to the campaign. The campaign is pretty much already playable when autoresolving battles. But i want the real-time battles to be playable as well.
    Ah, so I'll need to move over the descr_regions-file to the 2017 version, then experiment with the traits all over again - I really made a mistake not writing which trigger caused the crash above - now I have no clue - the weird thing is that I tried removing all those triggers for traits in the 2019 version and the mod still crashed. So if I can't solve it on that version I'm gonna attempt to do it on the 2017 version. But of course then I'll need to move over the new units again.

- The Havamal

I now know that the reason for the crash is that certain settlements crash on the map when clicking on them.

1. So I had fixed all the religions in the descr_regions-file back in 2019 so that's not it.

2. I just now fixed errors in the expanded.txt-file in relation to the HEPHTHALITES-faction.

But the cities continue to crash randomly both when clicking on them, or when they are conquered by the AI - it's random because a few times they were click-able without crashing, but most of the time they do indeed crash.

It's not all the cities but certain cities in relation to the faction mentioned above. But even if they're held by the rebels they'd crash, or by anyone else. So the issue is certain regions on the map. I had fixed a similar issue in other mods in the past by making sure the religious level is 100 and not more in the descr_regions-file - and by adding missing lines in the expanded.txt-file.

But not sure what else could be wrong in the expanded-file - I'm guessing it's the culprit.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 19, 2022 at 06:52 AM.

- The Havamal

This thread was created because I were sitting on the mod.

I'm not willing to share with people that aren't modders out of fear that they would just send stuff to everybody.

That's why people I don't recognize have been ignored if they ask for models.

The models might be permitted to use by their creators, but as I'm the guy with the mod - I don't need to share - I only share assets with modders that I know who they are to prevent the risk of assets being handed out to everybody (this is until a release of course).

As of late I've been thinking that if I cannot fix the game-breaking crash in the campaign then I may actually cut the campaigns and release a custom battle version with all the rosters, actually the Danube Limes Campaign would still be included in a slightly better form than in its stand-alone release from 2014.

But the other two campaigns would be cut - unlike in the Danube Limes Minor campaign this mod would have way more factions and rosters.

The End of Antiquity Campaign is so unfinished that there would be almost no point including it unless someone would like to mod it.

The Justinian main campaign is a 0.9 beta so it all comes down to if that crash can be fixed or not.

If the mod is released all the models are free to use as stated by their creators.

If the mod isn't released I do refuse to send people stuff unless I know them. But even so I will not be willing to share with for example teams that demand me to work in order to use their stuff.
    I've been tinkering around with the End of Antiquity campaign I've experienced the city crash that you have mentioned. Tried adding armies for the Lombards and Caliphate and it crashed the first time. I tried it the second time and it reverted back to the main menu. I have a feeling this (possibly) is due to character traits? As for units, two Roman infantry units that aren't period specific cause a crash when loading a battle

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

But not sure what else could be wrong in the expanded-file - I'm guessing it's the culprit.
    This tutorial of mine contains a template for the expanded file - have a look if you missed an entry. A sure way would be to add the correctly filled template and then use BinEditor to remove duplicates.

One reason for the city crash could be initial ownership by factions (faction_creator in descr_strat) that cannot build that level.
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 25, 2023 at 11:09 PM.

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

I know this thread is about models, but can I add your custom cursors to Insularis Draco?
    Aut prodesse voluit aut delectare auctor aut simul et iucunda et idonea dicere vitae.

Medieval II Stuff: Medieval & Viking Invasion music addon | Bellum Crucis Enhanced All-In-One | Elendil's Font Packs & Eye Candy | Alba di Rinascita - Fonts pack (included in the former) | The Eldar Scrolls - Fonts pack

They're not mine per say, but the East of Rome team said regarding models that if another mod wants them they'd just need to credit the "East of Rome"-team.

The same should be true for the cursors.

- The Havamal

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

Alright, thank you!
    Aut prodesse voluit aut delectare auctor aut simul et iucunda et idonea dicere vitae.

Medieval II Stuff: Medieval & Viking Invasion music addon | Bellum Crucis Enhanced All-In-One | Elendil's Font Packs & Eye Candy | Alba di Rinascita - Fonts pack (included in the former) | The Eldar Scrolls - Fonts pack

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234