Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 'CAPTAIN MARVEL' STAR LASHANA LYNCH SET TO INHERIT '007' FROM DANIEL CRAIG

Default Re: 'CAPTAIN MARVEL' STAR LASHANA LYNCH SET TO INHERIT '007' FROM DANIEL CRAIG

We know when and where you lie.

I dont think you do.

I know my favorite stories come when writers and producers push the line as hard as they can. Even if only temporarily. We aren’t in the 60’s anymore
    The 60s were better times as creativity for the arts is concerned, incidentally, the better. and more iconic bond movies were from that time and such.

Pushing the line is a subjective concept. For you, might mean one thing, for another person might mean something else.
    Changing an already established character for the sake of pandering to an audience, in the hopes to attain better content, while ridding on the popularity of the original character, it isn't pushing boundaries on creativity.

It doesn't matter if the character is male or Female, black or white. What matters is the quality witting that goes with. Just because you change a gender and race of a popular character doesn't make it more interesting

I think you will find that the logical position is the real life one, that MI5 and MI6 recruits humans, who tend to grow old and retire.
    Bond movies based on reality is what brought the downhill of the franchise in a way, they become more alike to the regular action spy thriller flick.
    Bond movies always been more camp, then really grounded.
    You might say it as always been part of the charm of this movies imo.

Anyhow, yes i suppose you could retire James Bond, and bring another to fill the title. But at the end of the day it wont be 007. Just like Bucky or Sam wont be the real Captain America. They are just wearing his mantle.

Honestly it is cute but nothing really extraordinary. And personally a 007 that isn't James Bond, kinda defeats the concept of the character.

Default Re: 'CAPTAIN MARVEL' STAR LASHANA LYNCH SET TO INHERIT '007' FROM DANIEL CRAIG

I was hoping Idris Elb would get the role.

Also the new 007 isn't the James Bond character. James Bond is in the movie but NOT 007, looking forward to the plot twist on that.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    I suspect the ranting isn't about Bond at all, it's just a cheap way to whine about a black woman taking (not even a lead ) role in a high profile movie. You said she was miscast without seeing her performance. Sounds like prejudice to me. Like similar whinging about black people in Star Wars, as if encountering black humans is somehow less likely in the far future than ewoks and wookies.
    i certainly do have an issue in the miscasting of characters as sop for the SJW agenda or as obvious favours to cater to otherwise out of work black female actresses. The job should ideally go to the individual most capable and in acting, the one most capable of pulling off the character. From what i've seen of Lynch's work, i remain unconvinced that she can do justice to the role of 007.

Black Achilles, black female 007, the black afro fetishism that appears to have gripped the city of London as one makes one's way through the tube and practically every poster and advertisement has a black person in it. I suspect jungle fever has gripped the C-suite of the powers that be in media and political circles.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Um...there are? And have been for a while? Although I get what you're saying, they don't get as much exposure, screen time, or leads as black Africans of various nationalities, mostly in the Anglophone world, mostly the US and the UK (I can't think of a single super popular black Canadian or black Australian actor/actress).

In either case, I have no problem with a black woman character inheriting the title of 007 should James Bond retire in this fictional universe, but it makes no sense to literally make her into James Bond...unless he was really transgender the entire time and suffering from the Michael Jackson style rare skin disease of vitiligo.

This hypothetical movie obviously won't be called "James Bond" either, but it might have 007 in the title, should it ever get produced and put on the big screen. Or it will probably follow all the other snappy titles for bond flicks along the conventions of "Goldfinger" and "Goldeneye" and "License to Kill" and "Tomorrow Never Dies". In that case James Bond the character becomes something historical and is replaced by some black British female agent for MI6.
    That's why it's just virtue signaling. Hollywood doesn't actually care, they just pretend to.

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    You do understand that this thread is about Daniel Craig being replaced as the series lead role, right?
    There is no evidence that Craig is not the lead in the next Bond film, quite the opposite, in fact. There is also no evidence about what shape any further Bond films , if there any , will take. Based on the known evidence the OP is just whining that a black actress landed a role.

Here's some more facts. The executive producer has already ruled out the next Bond being female.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...utive-producer

And to quote a source which has genuine interest in the Bond franchise

'Lashana Lynch is not playing James Bond in Bond 25. '

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/arti...h-007?id=04531

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post

Honestly it is cute but nothing really extraordinary. And personally a 007 that isn't James Bond, kinda defeats the concept of the character.

Could you imagine Star Trek XV with whats left of the original TV series crew, chained to their roles because their audience could not move on? Ohhh myyyyyy. Anyway read the link above, it might offer some reassurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    i certainly do have an issue in the miscasting of characters as sop for the SJW agenda or as obvious favours to cater to otherwise out of work black female actresses. .
    And your evidence of this applying to Ms Lynch is zero seeing that the 007 role is created for the purposes of the story rather than to hand someone a job. From what I can see from reports of the casting call, Ms Lynch doesn't have a lead part at all. Your issue is imaginary.

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/arti...5-casting-call

Going back to your OP you said you were 'confronted by adverts containg 'black females or black males* with white females.' Confronted in what way, given that the idea of a commercial advert is to shift products rather than trouble people? Is it the very presence of black imagery offensive to you? And is such imagery that common. Tell me where you saw this plethora of black images so that the forum can check for themselves via google street view. I live in London and the only current advert I recall featuring a black person is the ad for Men in Black International. If there are others they don't seem to be 'confronting' me.

Here's Oxford Street, near Bond Street tube.The shopping centre of our nation. I invite the forum to go and find the cornucopia of black imagery he alleges London indulges itself with. If we can find but a handful of black people amongst the shop windows, posters and the sides of buses etc, I'm calling you out.

https://www.instantstreetview.com/@5....11h,-1.28p,1z

* around half of all afro-carribean males have a white partner, so hardly surprise to those with knowledge of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernXY View Post
    That's why it's just virtue signaling. Hollywood doesn't actually care, they just pretend to.
    The only virtue signalling I can see is the inverse virtue signalling from the OP.
    Last edited by mongrel; July 16, 2019 at 09:52 PM.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Indefinitely Banned

And your evidence of this applying to Ms Lynch is zero seeing that the 007 role is created for the purposes of the story rather than to hand someone a job. From what I can see from reports of the casting call, Ms Lynch doesn't have a lead part at all. Your issue is imaginary.
    It would perhaps be best if she had no part at all; her visage offends me, i need to rest my eyes on pristine pictures of Gisele Bundchen after having the misfortune of laying eyes on Ms Lynch.
    She owes me an apology.

Going back to your OP you said you were 'confronted by adverts containg 'black females or black males* with white females.' Confronted in what way, given that the idea of a commercial advert is to shift products rather than trouble people? Is it the very presence of black imagery offensive to you? And is such imagery that common. Tell me where you saw this plethora of black images so that the forum can check for themselves via google street view. I live in London and the only current advert I recall featuring a black person is the ad for Men in Black International. If there are others they don't seem to be 'confronting' me.

Here's Oxford Street, near Bond Street tube.The shopping centre of our nation. I invite the forum to go and find the cornucopia of black imagery he alleges London indulges itself with. If we can find but a handful of black people amongst the shop windows, posters and the sides of buses etc, I'm calling you out.

https://www.instantstreetview.com/@5....11h,-1.28p,1z
    Taking the tube from heathrow into Piccadilly, you see ads on the tube, outside on the streets, with prominent african presence. The effect is as if someone with jungle fever and afro fetishism was in charge of the UK authority for posting advertisements. Turn on english TV and there's just as much exposure to the African ethnicity on air than there would be even in the United States.
    I never recalled London as being so....afro-fetishising the last time i visited back in the 00s but it's amazing how much can change in the space of a few years.

* around half of all afro-carribean males have a white partner, so hardly surprise to those with knowledge of the world.
    I suspect these afro-carribean males are also tired of having to rest their eyes after seeing the likeness of Ms Lynch.

It would perhaps be best if she had no part at all; her visage offends me, i need to rest my eyes on pristine pictures of Gisele Bundchen after having the misfortune of laying eyes on Ms Lynch.
    She owes me an apology..
    So her talent has nothing to do with the rant, it's her race. Why not say so uinstead of concocting some stories as a salve to sooth one's bigotry.

Taking the tube from heathrow into Piccadilly, you see ads on the tube, outside on the streets, with prominent african presence. The effect is as if someone with jungle fever and afro fetishism was in charge of the UK authority for posting advertisements..
    I can readily verify the truth if the matter by inspecting a train and said station, heading that way in a fortnight's time. If I took pictures am I likely to catch you out? You may as well say it now, as I will catch you out. As for the streets of Piccadilly I can safely call you out on that one.(see link). Your prejudice does not give you permission to lie to the forum.

https://www.instantstreetview.com/@5...,-21.38h,5p,1z

Two things for people who may be tempted to treat forum members like chumps and suggest London is something it is not.

- firstly there are forum members living here who can describe the place truthfully

- secondly we can provide verifiable photographic proof

Turn on english TV and there's just as much exposure to the African ethnicity on air than there would be even in the United States.
    I never recalled London as being so....afro-fetishising the last time i visited back in the 00s but it's amazing how much can change in the space of a few years.
    That is plain daftness. There is some exposure to black or brown people, but that because the country contains said people. If sometimes it resembles US TV it is because for some shows it actually is. The only issue with overexposure that i've noticed is that relating to the nonetheless funny comedian Ramesh Naganatham

I suspect these afro-carribean males are also tired of having to rest their eyes after seeing the likeness of Ms Lynch.
    A rather racist point to make. Also rather untrue as this actress was relatively unknown until very recently.

I think your post has blown your case. Strange things tend to happen when bigotry confronts facts.
    Last edited by mongrel; July 17, 2019 at 02:14 AM.

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Indefinitely Banned

So her talent has nothing to do with the rant, it's her race.
    In Lashana Lynch's case, it is because she is ugly; 007/James Bond is a boy's fantasy involving fast cars, hot women and guns. Imposing an ugly woman upon the rest of us is offensive. Grace Jones in The Living Daylights was similarly ugly and Bond was forced by 80s political correctness to have sex with her. Thankfully, it seemed everyone in the 80s was on coke so somehow that made everything ok, as well as the fact that a blonde beauty was also cast as the main love interest.

However, there is a correlation in that the UK powers that be appear to have an afro-fetish in media and advertising and are intent on forcing the rest of us into accepting afro-fetishism as the new standard on beauty. It is highly revolting, akin to rape, like an african woman demanding you love her or else she'll sue you for racism.

I can readily verify the truth if the matter by inspecting a train and said station, heading that way in a fortnight's time. If I took pictures am I likely to catch you out? As for the streets of Picadilly I can safely call you out on that one.(see link). Your prejudice does not give you permission to lie to the forum.

https://www.instantstreetview.com/@5...,-21.38h,5p,1z

That is plain daftness. There is some exposure to black or brown people, but that because the country contains said people.
    africans aren't english, it doesn't matter how many obedient africans fight or work for the UK; they're still not english. This is the 'Emperor has no clothes' zeitgeist of modern liberal democratic societies.
    Forcing everyone to adopt the african standard of beauty is going to result in a backlash that is not going to serve either the black community or the UK as a whole.

In Lashana Lynch's case, it is because she is ugly; 007/James Bond is a boy's fantasy involving fast cars, hot women and guns. Imposing an ugly woman upon the rest of us is offensive. Grace Jones in The Living Daylights was similarly ugly and Bond was forced by 80s political correctness to have sex with her. Thankfully, it seemed everyone in the 80s was on coke so somehow that made everything ok, as well as the fact that a blonde beauty was also cast as the main love interest.
    Now its about black people being 'ugly' and white people would have to forced by PC to have sex with them. I suppose that must include Prince Harry.

Thank you for providing further evidence that the issue is about your racial prejudice, not about the professionalism of the actress herself of which I have few doubts.

However, there is a correlation in that the UK powers that be appear to have an afro-fetish in media and advertising and are intent on forcing the rest of us into accepting afro-fetishism as the new standard on beauty. It is highly revolting, akin to rape, like an african woman demanding you love her or else she'll sue you for racism.
    You may not have noticed but the forum can actually inspect the streetviews I have posted and see that on this point , you have lied to the forum

London is not awash with afro-centric posters, one might see the odd one, nothing more.

africans aren't english, it doesn't matter how many obedient africans fight or work for the UK; they're still not english. This is the 'Emperor has no clothes' zeitgeist of modern liberal democratic societies. .
    Britain had an Empire. All citizens were British, every one of them. By law the older ones still are, the younger ones born in the UK are. End of discussion on that issue.

Forcing everyone to adopt the african standard of beauty is going to result in a backlash that is not going to serve either the black community or the UK as a whole.
    Who gives a flying ,I don't think racists get to decide who is fit and who is not. Anyone who is straight who says Halle Berry or Meghan Markle are not attractive must have real problems. Your problem is your own colour prejudice, not other people's preferences.

But thank you again for emerging from the closet. It is not very often one gets the real truth behind racist OPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    You do understand that this thread is about Daniel Craig being replaced as the series lead role, right?
    To recap, it's not replacing a series lead role.

Do you now understand the real motivation for the OP?
    Last edited by mongrel; July 17, 2019 at 02:48 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

Now its about black people being 'ugly' and white people would have to forced by PC to have sex with them. I suppose that must include Prince Harry.
    Prince Harry is a beta male and it shows; beauty is in the eye of the beholder and as it is, the UK leadership are attempting to force people to accept the africanisation of beauty. The effect is horrendous.

Put a black female and a blonde female of similar age and weight in the same room and see who gets the most attention from men. 9 times out of 10, it'll be the blonde who gets the most attention. You can't fight human biology. The sheer fact that the overwhelming majority of african men would prefer to sleep with and marry white women underlines the truth that white females are objectively more attractive than african females.
    A glaring fact that must surely infuriate the black females in the group, hence the current trend towards forcing british society to accept black females as 'beautiful'.

Thank you for providing further evidence that the issue is about your racial prejudice, not about the professionalism of the actress herself of which I have few doubts.
    The actress is ugly and struggles to act like a pretty white female, and hence she is a poor actress.

Britain had an Empire. All citizens were British, every one of them. By law the older ones still are, the younger ones born in the UK are. End of discussion on that issue.
    False.
    Not all dominion citizens got british citizenship; case eg, the Hong Kongers who were denied British passports and citizenship rights and right of living in the UK after the 97 handover.

Who gives a flying ,I don't think racists get to decide who is fit and who is not. Anyone who is straight who says Halle Berry or Meghan Markle are not attractive must have real problems. Your problem is your own colour prejudice, not other people's preferences.

But thank you again for emerging from the closet. It is not very often one gets the real truth behind racist OPs.
    Both females are at best, average; neither are worthy of an english royal but given the decline in english royalty since the 19th century, that is to be expected.
    Halle Berry is not attractive, neither is the quadroon Megan Markle especially when compared to a royal like Monaco's princess Charlotte, but then and again, Charlotte had Grace Kelly's genes, so it's not a fair comparison.

Did none of you actually read the article in the opening post? This is not a reincarnation of James Bond. James Bond is still played by Daniel Craig in the movie. What we potentially have (potentially because we don't even know for a fact if Lashana Lynch is in the movie) is the franchise moving to a new character, with a new backstory. You guys need to calm down about the prejudices you voice here...
    The Armenian Issue

Prince Harry is a beta male and it shows; beauty is in the eye of the beholder and as it is, the UK leadership are attempting to force people to accept the africanisation of beauty. The effect is horrendous.....................

Again just resorting to racist ranting as the case for the OP falls apart. I suppose Dolph Lungdren and Sven-Ole Thorsen were forced by PC to shack up with Grace Jones too.

The Government does not dictate who gets selected for advertising posters. That is complete bollocks. If you hadn't noticed the UK current leadership have been caught unlawfully denying afro-carribean people the right to housing, work and NHS treatment they have paid for, and indeed deported actual British citizens (windrush) so I call on your further lies.

False.
    Not all dominion citizens got british citizenship; case eg, the Hong Kongers who were denied British passports and citizenship rights and right of living in the UK after the 97 handover.
    I have already commented on this elsewhere with all necessary sources and documnentation. All are British until the passage of the 1971 Act. Those remaining in the UK or the next generation born there remain so ( see the relevant thread in moderation commentary on the non-issue of white genicide theory. The odds are that any Black person one sees and certainly if Afro-Caribbean is likely to be British. not tat it is relevant to the discussion.

Both females are at best, average;
    I can rest my case there. Does not stand up to objective scrutiny, or in your case, it doesn't stand up. Who would you desire, Ena Sharples?

I think I have now busted the thread sufficiently to suggest that the OP is not about artistic merit. It's about a personal phobia of black people.

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Did none of you actually read the article in the opening post? This is not a reincarnation of James Bond. James Bond is still played by Daniel Craig in the movie. What we potentially have (potentially because we don't even know for a fact if Lashana Lynch is in the movie) is the franchise moving to a new character, with a new backstory. You guys need to calm down about the prejudices you voice here...
    I suspect the article was just a hook to allow like-minded folk to stick it to black women. The truth isn't that important as we have seen.
    Last edited by mongrel; July 17, 2019 at 03:29 AM.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

I think that the "black" population in Britain is a little less than 3%, although very likely it is concentrated in London so may be up to double (?) that there. It certainly isn't as large a minority as the one in the US.

Re the film... indeed, I think this actress will not be the lead, and it probably was a ploy: Bond will continue in the film after this one, it is just that here he is contemplating quitting his job or is retired etc. Studios want to make money and they know perfectly well that having a female bond would kill their franchise.

Re Halle Berry, imo she looks great

I am not sure if it is very poignant to call her "black", though; she is clearly a mulatto, much like many "black" celebrities. Generally it is more difficult to find non mulatto black looks-based celebrities, although where talent plays a role (ie the profession is not that looks-based) it clearly happens (very many examples primarily from male actors or sportsmen)
    Last edited by Kyriakos; July 17, 2019 at 03:53 AM.
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post

Re the film... indeed, I think this actress will not be the lead, and it probably was a ploy: Bond will continue in the film after this one, it is just that here he is contemplating quitting his job or is retired etc. Studios want to make money and they know perfectly well that having a female bond would kill their franchise.
    Exactly and I expect that reasonably intelligent people would have figured this out from the information available . For some people though some things seem to overpower rational thought.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Van Zandt View Post
    The series has been a defined by its lead men since its inception. Placing a unrecognizable actress in the role will achieve nothing. What the more important news is who the real replacement will be after the series tanks with the new cast.
    I disagree.
    If they put a Suave, smooth-talking beautiful woman (of whatever color) I would go watch it because, of course, I am swallow. I haven't watched a JBond movie since... many years ago. I watched the first with Daniel Craig and I didn't like it because he was a bit too brutish compared to Roger Moore and Sean Connery.
    But I am, you know, attracted to pretty women and while Bond Girls serve as good eye candy, I would prefer to look at a woman for most of the movie than as the sidekick.

As far as it's clear that this 007 inherits the title from James Bond and is not SJW-washed to "Jane Bond" erasing James Bond completely and trying to shove SJW-agenda down our throats presenting men as incompetent morons that need a woman to clean up their act because they think with their dick, I am fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    You’re getting purposely weird.
    You were the one that said your favorite stories are those that push the line as hard as they can. Believe me, the above is not nearly as hard as I can push a story.
    What did you mean when you said "I know my favorite stories come when writers and producers push the line as hard as they can" ? of course it has to be purposefully weird.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; July 18, 2019 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Continuity.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Just noting that, typically, the english don't dare have a female (let alone black female) as the actual protagonist of a Bond movie, or to take over Bond in the series, but have no issue with black Achilles cause foreign art doesn't matter ^_^
    After all, what is the Iliad next to James Bond.
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"

Just noting that, typically, the english don't dare have a female (let alone black female) as the actual protagonist of a Bond movie, or to take over Bond in the series, but have no issue with black Achilles cause foreign art doesn't matter ^_^
    After all, what is the Iliad next to James Bond.
    I'm Irish, but I beg to differ. It's not Bond, for sure but what is there not to like, about this spy, Emma Peel?

60s Emma Peel could be Bond or, indeed, any other character and I'd see it.

well, not really, but she did look very impressive.
    Last edited by Kyriakos; July 17, 2019 at 06:26 AM.

60s Emma Peel could be Bond or, indeed, any other character and I'd see it.

well, not really, but she did look very impressive.
    I'll drink to that.

Indefinitely Banned

Again just resorting to racist ranting as the case for the OP falls apart. I suppose Dolph Lungdren and Sven-Ole Thorsen were forced by PC to shack up with Grace Jones too.
    Guess there's no accounting for taste during the cocaine fueled 80s.

The Government does not dictate who gets selected for advertising posters. That is complete bollocks. If you hadn't noticed the UK current leadership have been caught unlawfully denying afro-carribean people the right to housing, work and NHS treatment they have paid for, and indeed deported actual British citizens (windrush) so I call on your further lies.
    False. The UK government under the south asian mayor of London, Sadiq Khan has moved to ban scantily clad women on advertisements because his bosses hate being reminded that they're fat whales of women.
    https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...ndon-transport

Clearly, the UK government is able to influence advertisements hence the overwhelming blacking of british advertisements.

I have already commented on this elsewhere with all necessary sources and documnentation. All are British until the passage of the 1971 Act. Those remaining in the UK or the next generation born there remain so ( see the relevant thread in moderation commentary on the non-issue of white genicide theory. The odds are that any Black person one sees and certainly if Afro-Caribbean is likely to be British. not tat it is relevant to the discussion.
    What makes someone British?
    I can rest my case there. Does not stand up to objective scrutiny, or in your case, it doesn't stand up. Who would you desire, Ena Sharples?

I think I have now busted the thread sufficiently to suggest that the OP is not about artistic merit. It's about a personal phobia of black people.
    Casting a black female as 007 is as offensive as casting Ryan Reynolds or that guy from Drive, as Martin Luther King Jr.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; July 18, 2019 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Flame/hate-speech.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast