Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 'CAPTAIN MARVEL' STAR LASHANA LYNCH SET TO INHERIT '007' FROM DANIEL CRAIG

Indefinitely Banned

Default 'CAPTAIN MARVEL' STAR LASHANA LYNCH SET TO INHERIT '007' FROM DANIEL CRAIG

https://www.tmz.com/2019/07/14/danie...es-bond-movie/

So question, what is with the newfound obsession by British filmmakers/advertisers for black people? Everwhere i walk around London, i'm confronted by ads and images of black females or black males with white females.

Recently, there was a black actress now playing the Danish folklore Ariel and a black Heimdall in Thor but now a black female 007...i'm starting to think someone in the hollywood powers that be has serious jungle fever.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Default Re: 'CAPTAIN MARVEL' STAR LASHANA LYNCH SET TO INHERIT '007' FROM DANIEL CRAIG

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post

So question, what is with the newfound obsession by British filmmakers/advertisers for black people? Everwhere i walk around London, i'm confronted by ads and images of black females or black males with white females.

Recently, there was a black actress now playing the Danish folklore Ariel and a black Heimdall in Thor but now a black female 007...i'm starting to think someone in the hollywood powers that be has serious jungle fever.
    seems you are a bit obsessed with white males, you should get that checked out.

hey, you know what happend to the last dinosaurs? they died out.

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: 'CAPTAIN MARVEL' STAR LASHANA LYNCH SET TO INHERIT '007' FROM DANIEL CRAIG

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    seems you are a bit obsessed with white males, you should get that checked out.

Ah, that would explain it; virtue signaling from fellow white people trying to prove how non racist they are by casting black females and other assorted black people into roles which will tank the movie.

I hazard a guess, there's a bit of a 'Producers' vibe going on in Hollywood where filmmakers purposely make decisions that will tank a movie so they can collect the insurance afterwards.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

well, you seem eager to signal the opposite, what a joke

guess it will tank like captain marvel, wonder woman, star wars... oh wait, they didnt. seems the facts dont care about your feefees.

i liked daniel craig as bond, but they clearly ran out of ideas fast. time for a shakeup.

Begads, where does one get the idea that the UK employs black intelligence staff?

A real intelligence agency Congratulations to MI5 on being named in the Best Employers for Race 2018 listing. They have demonstrated their leadership and commitment to creating a fair, diverse and inclusive workplace that works for all employees, including those from BAME backgrounds. In a rapidly changing global business environment, it's vital that organisations make the most of all the diverse talent available to them, and MI5 is doing just that. I hope more employers will learn from their example, seize the moment to act on workplace race equality and follow the example set out by the leading employers in this listing by signing up for Race at the Work Charter launched earlier this month." -

https://www.mi5.gov.uk/news/mi5-name...oyers-for-race

And

Another real intelligence agency As an equal opportunities employer, we recruit, train and promote based on merit. We value and encourage difference, including background, perspectives and working styles. We have various work streams to ensure we make the most of the huge range of skills our staff hold and we endeavour to accommodate personal circumstances. An increasing proportion of our workforce work part time or flexibly according to their preference. This adds to our agility as we work in increasingly diverse ways.

We are determined to continue to build on the progress we have made to build an inclusive and representative Service. So, if you are tempted, interested, or teetering on the edge of pressing that button – maybe you think you aren’t ‘from the right mould’, don’t have the ‘correct’ experience or did not go to the right university(!) – I would urge you, strongly, to apply. Anyone who shares our commitment and values will be half of the way there. And you might just find the career you’ve been looking for!

https://www.sis.gov.uk/explore-life-at-sis.html

So what is your problem with a black female playing a pretend agent when the real thing recruits people regardless of race and gender? And what colour are mermaids exactly? They don't exist. As Hannibal says 'seems you are a bit obsessed with white males, you should get that checked out.'
    Last edited by mongrel; July 14, 2019 at 06:37 PM.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Ah, that would explain it; virtue signaling from fellow white people trying to prove how non racist they are by casting black females and other assorted black people into roles which will tank the movie.
    Its marketing. They think they will sell more that way. which i dont think it is the case necessarily. Generally i dont think people care. The casual movie goer that is.

If people find a movie interesting they will go see it, regardless. There is tons of examples of both cases of success and utter bombs.

i liked daniel craig as bond, but they clearly ran out of ideas fast. time for a shakeup.
    They ran out of ideas, ( pretty much like all of the industry in Hollywood), changing a character race it is no creative shakeup whatsoever. On the contrary, it is a symptom of creative bankruptcy. if you do it with the purpose of changing things up, with the goal to attract more people to see it.

At any case James Bond is pretty much a mostly dead franchise, like many others in modern day.

I hope that this will bury the franchise for good. It's been going on for too long, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    Except they didn't. There are around 10000 dinosaur species alive today, more than mammal species in fact...

I was watching the Grand Prix today. A black man won, how did that happen?

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Not sure what you're obsessing about. When her character steals scenes from the character of the movie in Captain Marvel it's not exactly a bad casting choice. Stop living in the sixties.

Also, if this is such an important thing for you where in god's name were you last year when Amazon did casting for Jack Ryan that was so awesomely done? You're about 1 year hypocritically late to make your point.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

I feel like there are a lot more important things to be worried about than who headlines entertainment. As others have said, it's a weird obsession to have.

And this isn't even confirmed.

I mean, jesus...It's TMZ, and we are talking about a movie that has had multiple production problems. I don't believe a thing about this movie until we have it in theaters.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnight; July 14, 2019 at 11:01 PM.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Hm, why not Idris Elba? I mean he would be believable as Bond.
    This actress... not so much
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Indefinitely Banned

All these new casting choices appear to be heading in one direction: casting black actors/actresses for roles that are predominantly white, to the point of overexposure. It leads one to assume that either the casting director has major jungle fever or the film executives are black women with an agenda.

Would black society be comfortable with a white actor playing their patron saint, Martin Luther King Jr?
    https://me.me/i/ryan-gosling-the-man...artin-19983925

Would black society be comfortable with a white actor playing their patron saint, Martin Luther King Jr?
    https://me.me/i/ryan-gosling-the-man...artin-19983925
    Wow. Did you just compare a fictional character to a historical person?

You got balls kid. You got balls.

One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Why would OO7's succesor be white? I've proven that the UK recruits spies regardless of race.

Thing Exarch doesn't get is some characters have a history of being irrevocably cultural. You don't change Luke Cage. He's irrevocably African American Harlem. You don't change Black Panther. He's irrevocably African Wakandan. In the same sense you don't change Magneto. He's irrevocably a Jewish victim of the Holocaust(this leads to many of the conflicts with the X-Men).

But, flip the argument. All James Bond is is an MI6 spy. He, or she, can literally be anybody of any race that MI6 recruited and trained and indoctrinated into their precepts. This argument is literally fulfilled and made in the Daniel Craig movies. Feilix Leiter is nothing but a CIA spy. Recruited and trained and indoctrinated into their system. But all through the 60's to today he was played by a white actor. Jeffrey Wright played him without a hitch in the Daniel Craig era and anybody else could take the role without missing a beat. It's not about gender, it's not about race. It's just about the fact that James Bond, or whomever they name the character if they're female, is an MI6 spy. Or Felix Lighter is a CIA spy. It's the culture of MI6 and the culture of CIA.

Where other characters are irrevocably who they are. These characters are only what they work.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Thing Exarch doesn't get is some characters have a history of being irrevocably cultural. You don't change Luke Cage. He's irrevocably African American Harlem. You don't change Black Panther. He's irrevocably African Wakandan. In the same sense you don't change Magneto. He's irrevocably a Jewish victim of the Holocaust(this leads to many of the conflicts with the X-Men).
    Wow. Did you just compare a fictional background to a historically grounded one?

You do realize that Wakanda doesn't exist, right? It's a BS name made up by some whitey from America, and about as real as Star Wars.

Gaidin your logic seems flawed to me.

You make the argument that 007 can be anyone, the MI6 recruits. But that is . 007 always have been James Bond. James Bond cant or shouldn't be a black woman. That is just silly.

They are changing who 007 is, but at the end of the day , we all know it wont be 007, it wont be James Bond.

I would dare say, that in the same fashion, of Luke cage, i dont think you are able to change James Bond race easily either ( as much as i like Edris Elba) James Bond is a type character, with distinctive elements to it, stereotypical British, witty playboy, with a heart of gold. There is also stereotypical British elements to its character that are recognizable in every part of the world across generations. James Bond it never has been a Black character. Hate to say it, but stereotypical British, is a white Person. I dont see what is so wrong with that.

I suppose within a concept of creative freedom, you can change everything of course, and you can say the same for every fictional character that exists, including all those you listed, like Luke Cage, and Magneto, or Black Panther. ( yes you can change them, of course you can).

Of course deviations have the drawback to create something entirely different, that the original content becomes recognizable. To the point anyone in the audience can see it isn't 007 anymore, it is just a totally different character altogether.

Which on theory is fine, although usually it just ends up riding on the popularity of the original content. It is just marketing imo, and its a creative emptiness.
    Remember the Female Thor comic? yeah. Turns out it isn't female Thor. It was just Jane wielding the Hammer. See the difference? Different character. It isn't Thor at all.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; July 15, 2019 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Gaidin your logic seems flawed to me.

You make the argument that 007 can be anyone, the MI6 recruits. But that is . 007 always have been James Bond. James Bond cant or shouldn't be a black woman. That is just silly.

They are changing who 007 is, but at the end of the day , we all know it wont be 007, it wont be James Bond.

I would dare say, that in the same fashion, of Luke cage, i dont think you are able to change James Bond race easily either ( as much as i like Edris Elba) James Bond is a type character, with distinctive elements to it, stereotypical British, witty playboy, with a heart of gold. There is also stereotypical British elements to its character that are recognizable in every part of the world across generations. James Bond it never has been a Black character. Hate to say it, but stereotypical British, is a white Person. I dont see what is so wrong with that.

I suppose within a concept of creative freedom, you can change everything of course, and you can say the same for every fictional character that exists, including all those you listed, like Luke Cage, and Magneto, or Black Panther. ( yes you can change them, of course you can).

Of course deviations have the drawback to create something entirely different, that the original content becomes recognizable. To the point anyone in the audience can see it isn't 007 anymore, it is just a totally different character altogether.

Which on theory is fine, although usually it just ends up riding on the popularity of the original content. It is just marketing imo, and creative empty.
    Remember the Female Thor comic? yeah. Turns out it isn't female Thor. It was just Jane wielding the Hammer. See the difference? Different character. It isn't Thor.
    James Bond is British. Are you saying British is white? Are you saying British is male? Speak now.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Are you saying British is white? Are you saying British is male? Speak now.
    Im saying James Bond is Male. Im saying the stereotypical British is white. And James Bond always had stereotypical British elements has a character. Do you deny this?

Personally I do think it is a reasonable reasoning.

And im saying it is ok to change it. But you incur on the risk of producing a character that's totally different then 007 James Bond. To the point , it isn't 007 James Bond. So call it as such, is obviously Dumb.
    And Lame as creativity goes.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; July 15, 2019 at 10:10 AM.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

I don't care at all about the James Bond franchise, so don't mind what they do.
    However, Idris Elba would have been imo a very good choice, possibly making the new films popular, while a woman as the new 007 just makes next to zero sense.
    Anyway, can't be worse than BBC's Troy
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast