Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 'CAPTAIN MARVEL' STAR LASHANA LYNCH SET TO INHERIT '007' FROM DANIEL CRAIG

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: 'CAPTAIN MARVEL' STAR LASHANA LYNCH SET TO INHERIT '007' FROM DANIEL CRAIG

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    Wow, you killed that strawman off rather impressively.

Be real with me saxdude, you never had any intention to deal with what I'm actually saying, did you?
    So why was it again people feel it to be necessary to piggyback established series?
    Deep down you must believe it to be impossible for them to be successful, otherwise it'd clearly be better to make something new, right?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    What you presented us with is an unfounded claim. A rather stupid one.
    What I presented to you is a very basic fact that anyone who has ever been even tangentially related to the industry, can corroborate. That you about the reskinning of characters for representation, as though it was within the power of the average consumer (sjw as he/she may be) to change, make or reboot a franchise at will, just shows how little you understand of the subject.
    Also, side note: What annoyed people about the Black Widow backstory moment is that she likened herself to a monster because she couldn't have children, not that she regretted not being able to have them. Hell, the movie didn't even bother establishing she had a choice in the matter, so the argument that she had herself sterilized so she could kill easier isn't even valid.

you never had any intention to deal with what I'm actually saying, did you?
    This is why SJW and diversity cast movies don't work. Even though women make for much more interesting protagonists than men. In silence of the lambs and Aliens the main characters were women and they were expertly done. Clarice Starling especially. She constantly fights men. She wins every single encounter. But this movie made it interesting. The role was written for a woman. Not a role written for a man then changed for some cheap diversity points and to change the target audience.
    "Movies need to be written better, but let me blame SJW and diversity casting as though both are mutually exclusive." What about your post am I missing, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Common Soldier View Post
    -
    Bond is retired in the movieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    Last edited by saxdude; August 13, 2019 at 12:18 PM.

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Default Re: 'CAPTAIN MARVEL' STAR LASHANA LYNCH SET TO INHERIT '007' FROM DANIEL CRAIG

Quote Originally Posted by saxdude View Post
    What I presented to you is a very basic fact that anyone who has ever been even tangentially related to the industry, can corroborate.
    What you presented to us is a very basic and unfounded opinion.
    That you about the reskinning of characters for representation, as though it was within the power of the average consumer (sjw as he/she may be) to change, make or reboot a franchise at will, just shows how little you understand of the subject.
    What I "wub" about is that people act like that was progressive, representation and a victory for minorities when it's none of those things. NONE.

Btw. the 70s just called. They happened.

80s are surprised you never heard of them.

And the 90s want to have a word with your dad.
    "Movies need to be written better, but let me blame SJW and diversity casting as though both are mutually exclusive." What about your post am I missing, exactly?
    More then half of them. And you willfully misrepresent the rest. For example, I explained to you that SJW is the cause why they are bad. You yourself were so kind as to reiterate the very reason here by accident:
    Also, side note: What annoyed people about the Black Widow backstory moment is that she likened herself to a monster because she couldn't have children, not that she regretted not being able to have them. Hell, the movie didn't even bother establishing she had a choice in the matter, so the argument that she had herself sterilized so she could kill easier isn't even valid.
    Oh, that makes it all better. I mean the one moment she had where she was a human with emotions... NOPE! CAN'T HAVE THAT!

That's why SJW movies suck

Like I said: A movie can be feminist and still be one of the greatest movies of all time. Not that you'll listen.

It is clear that you're only willing to contribute with outrage, not in a conversation.
    Bond is retired in the movieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    As if some cameo changed core concept of the franchise and the role she is inevitably going to be forced in.

God! Don't assume everyone to have the IQ of a brick. Freud called. Stop projecting.

From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456