Thread: Unit cards

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Default Unit cards

Greetings!

Does anyone know of a submod that works with Hellenika's units to replace the vanilla-style cards? I read here there's a plan to update the unit cards, but I'm hoping to play the mod before then.

After 5 years of DeI and 15 years since Rome 1 mods with colorful beautiful unit cards, it's very hard to find likability in the style CA used with Rome 2's vanilla cards. I recently got WoS specifically to play Hellenika (and Makedonian Wars) but just realized this issue.

PS: If anyone is working on this I'd be happy to help in the screenshot/simple editing realm, but I've lost my access to photoshop

Default Re: Unit cards

Hellanika uses it's own unit cards Dago, if u can't see them i guess a you have a mod conflict..

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Default Re: Unit cards

Hi M@x1mus, to explain: it's the style that's an obstacle for me, actually haven't even downloaded the mod yet. I read the manual and all stickies and noticed they are not in the traditional TW picture style, or in a realistic illustration (like Bullgod's). It looks cool don't get me wrong, but when playing rome 2 on release I found I could not immerse myself in what I was doing without the unit cards i was used to since 2004. I began to hate those cards and stopped messing with Rome 2 until Bullgod's unit cards came out. Now Been playing DeI for something like half a decade and haven't even thought of those pottery style cards. It is just one of those things, some people can't stand them, some people like them.

However, a helpful member (in a DeI thread about the DLCs and mods for them) pointed out that Hellenika's unit cards are more diverse and informative than the original vanilla rome 2 cards, so I will definitely give it a try and enjoy the mod regardless -- it's the main reason I decided to buy WoS!